Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
You have the name Grimy Tacticz and say its personal preference, but the reason people prefer normal according to the many madden lab type communities, is because they find exploits and weaknesses in AI not in football schemes.
i honestly have no clue what my PSN name has to do with anything. i dont even play madden on my ps3. mainly mlb09 the show offline. nothing "Grimy" going on there if thats what you're inferring from my name alone. its just a name i came up with as a pun, doesnt mean anything just like mass murda. ive never murdered anyone...haha!

i do like normal for personal preference and thats what i play with in my offline franchise (80% of my madden 10 experience so far) for my CHOICE. i wish i had a CHOICE online as well. hell i havent even played a ranked game yet cuz i dont care about a game rank, only unranked with friends to have fun. i have no goal of winning every game like a cheeser would so i have no idea or want or motivation to seek out and "lab" exploits. i just wanna play football. hell im still mad fair play isnt back, although avoiding lobby ball i dont have a big need for it like i use to playing randoms.

anyway im done with the whole speed topic cuz its a done deal at this point. it is what it is, EA has spoken. i still dont agree with the way it was handled and talked about in these forums and will remain dissappointed in the maturity level and generalization and close mindedness of some of these post on both the slow players and normal player's sides of the argument. ah well....life goes on....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

i don't want to ask a dumb question but what the hell is a rocket catch?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
Well I use the bears and I want to use their PB which doesnt have a 3-4. What would you suggest then? Maybe like a nickle 3-3-5?
they have something similar to what i was describing in the dollar formation and quarters. as for nickel 3-3-5 i like to use the play...that has the ROLB and LOLB in "yellow zones" while the mlb is in man usually on the hb. spread em out so they're a little closer to the sidelines just in case. i manually control the LB on the offenses right side(most popular side for the cheesers it seems) and roam in the zone and keep my eye on that hb. this allows to help if a wr comes my way and cb needs hand and also close in on the flats. helpful mainly against 2-2-1 or 2-1-2 offensive sets

i wouldnt use this against 4 or 5 wr sets tho. ill use it in a 3wr set, depending on the team cuz some teams only have 2 good wr's which are man covered by the cb's and the 3rd is garbage and can be zone covered by a lb if need be.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 08-27-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictaylor
Not at all, slow rocks. Try some slider adjustments and see for yourself!
these is da F U C K I NG PROBLEM. ea listen to bum that dont play online. how can you ajust slider online. slow rock because you are a bum. if you like playing the lame and weak franchise mode then you dont have to post in these thread.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 15

thanks! i was finding a couple plays taht fooled them in quarter and dollar too, but cant remember I was a little tipsy lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
If you want to score a lot of points with over-the-top gameplay that allows you to take advantage of the AI easily, go play NFL Street.
Do you play online? Just wait until you get online with Slow. It is 1000 times easier to score on Slow so the whole scoring a lot more points on Normal argument is not true. Especially once the RC returns because I can assure you, it is terribly easy to Rocket Catch on Slow speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I am sick of reading about people who just sit there and hunt for nano blitzes that mess with the AI. Why not try and construct an actual defensive SCHEME that will confuse your opponent? Probably because you don't know what that is. Sorry about your luck.
If you have 5 blockers and I blitz 6 and sack you right away am I messing with the AI or cheating? Most nano blitzes have at least 5-6 players blitzing so do the math and block more people. I'm dumbfounded how people think that does not carry over into real life NFL football.

Who is to say I don't SCHEME to confuse my opponent. I'd say having 6-8 plays from one formation with the same setup with multiple types of coverages is a good idea but of course if 2 of those plays are "nanos" then I cheat and cannot build a scheme.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #87
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Sticks
EA makes Madden 10...

they put in 5 game speeds...

they label one of them "NORMAL"...

then they come back and say the game was tuned for "SLOW"

The speeds could have been numerically labeled 1-5, then switching from 3 to 2 might not seem like that big of a deal.

It almost seems pointless to discuss people calling the slow speed slow when it's officially called slow.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Down
Do you play online? Just wait until you get online with Slow. It is 1000 times easier to score on Slow so the whole scoring a lot more points on Normal argument is not true. Especially once the RC returns because I can assure you, it is terribly easy to Rocket Catch on Slow speed.

If you have 5 blockers and I blitz 6 and sack you right away am I messing with the AI or cheating? Most nano blitzes have at least 5-6 players blitzing so do the math and block more people. I'm dumbfounded how people think that does not carry over into real life NFL football.

Who is to say I don't SCHEME to confuse my opponent. I'd say having 6-8 plays from one formation with the same setup with multiple types of coverages is a good idea but of course if 2 of those plays are "nanos" then I cheat and cannot build a scheme.
:baffled:
It's just as easy to RC on normal speed. Slow owns, glad its staying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »