Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #57
Rookie

adun_79's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez Whiz
I don't get how you can't think NORMAL is the most realistic speed. It doesn't take devin hester 6 seconds to run 40 yards IN A STRAIGHT LINE.
It takes him about 4.6 sec to do that on SLOW speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Down
Once again EA caters to the sim community rather than listen to any input from the player's who have take the game to competitive levels on ESPN and ESPN2 and quite possibly draw more attention to the game of Madden towards those who never have played the game before.
You are correct, Ian stated one year ago that they won't cater to tourney players
Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Is it true that pass Defense is really bad at slow speed?
No, it actually improves it I find.

On normal, it was solely about what team had the faster players and those guys would dominate.

The whole game was to find the best blitz which would eliminate the dump off pass because everyone and their mother only knew how to throw to the running back because there was so much pressure, or to move cornerbacks to #3 receiver spots like Antonio Cromartie and watch him act like he was Randy Moss or something.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #59
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Down
Once again EA caters to the sim community rather than listen to any input from the player's who have take the game to competitive levels on ESPN and ESPN2 and quite possibly draw more attention to the game of Madden towards those who never have played the game before.

Furthermore, once again it seems EA has decided to refrain from fixing problems with the game and AI by changing the game speed.

Give it 2-3 weeks until the Rocket Catch (which EA claimed was out of the game, another great job lol) dominates online play because of being on Slow Speed now.

If the NFL is the fastest type and level of football, why the hell are we playing High School football with NFL players?
The sim community is where this game is finally going. If you want to play an arcade game, buy blitz or Pac Man. I hear Donkey Kong is fun too and has a lot of nice glitches to expose.

I am sick of reading about people who just sit there and hunt for nano blitzes that mess with the AI. Why not try and construct an actual defensive SCHEME that will confuse your opponent? Probably because you don't know what that is. Sorry about your luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The sim community is where this game is finally going. If you want to play an arcade game, buy blitz or Pac Man. I hear Donkey Kong is fun too and has a lot of nice glitches to expose.

I am sick of reading about people who just sit there and hunt for nano blitzes that mess with the AI. Why not try and construct an actual defensive SCHEME that will confuse your opponent? Probably because you don't know what that is. Sorry about your luck.
and im sick of reading all the ppl who love slow say idiotic statements that all generalize and equate to

1) normal = cheeze
2) normal = arcade
3) go play donkey kong or this aint rock em sock em robots (WTF?)
4) we dont care bout madden nation..go nano somewhere else

for the 8 millionth time it is all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. just cuz one doesnt like normal doesnt mean he's a glitcher cheeser or wants to be in a tourney or madden nation. that just means he doesnt agree with your preference. im a normal gamer who's preference is normal as is a whole lot of other posters here and even those unheard ppl who dont post. get off your high horses and get a grip

your post i quoted is part of the reason this site is turning to crap. no understanding to any other views except your own, you're view is right, super condescending, etc etc. when in reality, none of us are right or wrong or better than anyone else
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #61
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
and im sick of reading all the ppl who love slow say idiotic statements that all generalize and equate to

1) normal = cheeze
2) normal = arcade
3) go play donkey kong or this aint rock em sock em robots (WTF?)
4) we dont care bout madden nation..go nano somewhere else

for the 8 millionth time it is all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. just cuz one doesnt like normal doesnt mean he's a glitcher cheeser or wants to be in a tourney or madden nation. that just means he doesnt agree with your preference. im a normal gamer who's preference is normal as is a whole lot of other posters here and even those unheard ppl who dont post. get off your high horses and get a grip

your post i quoted is part of the reason this site is turning to crap. no understanding to any other views except your own, you're view is right, super condescending, etc etc. when in reality, none of us are right or wrong or better than anyone else
No. I am better then someone who has to cheat the game to win. Sorry, but that is how it is. People who play to glitch ruin the experience for everyone else, and they are inferior.

I am not on a "high horse" because I am sick of tourney style guys running 3 plays a game. These games take 45 mins..I want to play someone in football not Joust during that time.

How is my statement idiotic? It's not..thats just you throwing out a personal attack because you're upset at the truth. You obviously are one of the little nano blitzers or you would not have caught feelings at my post.

I never once said that everyone who likes normal speed is a cheeser..never..show me where I said that. I was clearly responding to the guy I quoted who is obviously one. Why you got your feelings hurt is beyond me. I am not sure how you could be a "mass murdera" and be so sensitive..lol.

There is nothing wrong with liking normal speed if you just like the feel. There IS if it's because you can't exploit the AI like before. That is why these tourney cheesers are upset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
No. I am better then someone who has to cheat the game to win. Sorry, but that is how it is. People who play to glitch ruin the experience for everyone else, and they are inferior.

I am not on a "high horse" because I am sick of tourney style guys running 3 plays a game. These games take 45 mins..I want to play someone in football not Joust during that time.

How is my statement idiotic? It's not..thats just you throwing out a personal attack because you're upset at the truth. You obviously are one of the little nano blitzers or you would not have caught feelings at my post.

I never once said that everyone who likes normal speed is a cheeser..never..show me where I said that. I was clearly responding to the guy I quoted who is obviously one. Why you got your feelings hurt is beyond me. I am not sure how you could be a "mass murdera" and be so sensitive..lol.

There is nothing wrong with liking normal speed if you just like the feel. There IS if it's because you can't exploit the AI like before. That is why these tourney cheesers are upset.
i am no nano blitzer as i stated before. i play for fun and dont even play outside of my friends list to avoid that type of play altogether. i do like normal speed as my PERSONAL PREFERENCE. i like the way it feels. my feelings arent hurt in the slightest. as i said, im sick of the piling on that happens when anyone says they like normal. re-read the speed threads around here and tell me thats not how this situation has been handled. u cant say u like normal speed without the cavalry coming out and accusing someone of being a "nano blitzing, madden nation, arcade playing, non-sim balla" bs. its ********.

ur type of responses are flying at anyone who likes normal. like i said there is so much generalization in these threads its ridiculous, and you're adding to it. i 100% agree with you bout glitchers and cheesers tho. they suck and dont belong in any game. if u have an ounce of perception, you'd understand my point about how bad this "normal=glitcher,cheeser,madden nation,arcade, other bs" around here is and it being a little ridiculous and how u can be seen as adding to that issue.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love these threads.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #64
Banned

I intercepted one semi cheesy guy last night 4 times. He was playin the raiders I was the bears, McFadden had like 10 catches. I had this great replay where hes running backwards with JaScrub and I hit him while hes trying to dump the ball off. Lands right in the hands of one of my blitzing DB's a few feet away and takes it to the house =)

I'm still havin trouble stoppin the passes to the RB's I tried a whole different bunch of plays. Just need to get better covering it manually I guess, thats what seems to be the most effective

I saved the replay but forgot to upload it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »