Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

I play on fast personally and don't care for even normal, let alone slow, for the couple of times I went online. So I hear what people are saying in favor of their preferences. I would like to point out that your hand-eye coordination and timing changes after a while and the discrepancy between the two isn't as horrific as it seems the first time you try it out. Just sayin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20

Animations look better in slow
Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I'm lmao at people using Madden Nation as a barometer for success in this game.

Watching those people last year play was a disgrace. They great at what they do, running money plays.

Nonetheless I still enjoyed the show, but would never model my game after the way those and other "tournament only" players play.

After all, tournament players may truely be the "diehards" that you all expect EA to cater to, but what percentage of the Madden community does that make up, maybe 1%.

EA is looking for what speed presents the best overall gameplay. They are not judging 40 times when making this decision. Slow hides some exploits in this game and removes most of the jerky animations of linemen and other players throughout the game. It makes bringing pressure more strategic, since you cant turbo through the A gap for a Nano every play now. This is the sort of stuff EA is masking through a slower speed.

They are taking what creates a more sim experience, since this game is supposed to be a "NFL simulation."
well put.. those complaining about it not being normal speed are simply "madden nationites" ...lol
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 14

I would like to see how many people actually like the slow speed vs. normal. The polls I've seen have normal winning. This is final and if we want our football fix we have to deal with it. It's not about the consumer anymore.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #45
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictaylor
Excellent, slow rocks. This isn't rock em sock em warping robots, the higher speeds just look bad.
I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Speed truly is irrelevant to whether or not a game is sim or not. Its the animations on the field that make the game sim not speed.

If you want to play the game at true to life speed, get off the couch and go to an NFL tryout.
If you want a sim game without actually participating in the real life speed of the game then get off the couch and go coach an NFL team.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 33

My favorite speed is VERY FAST. It simulates nfl decision making.

But I'm all good and find to play on slow. Makes it easier for those with exemplary decision making and trigger stick skills.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #48
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Is it correct that you can't change speed settings or sliders in unranked online games? If so, why hasn't that been addressed?

I don't see a problem with forcing standard ranked game settings but leaving people with no options for unranked settings seems like a major online design flaw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »