Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

you guys need to quit getting hung up on the fact that slow is named slow and normal is named normal. They made a mistake naming it that. Since the out of the box default for offline games is slow, i'd consider that just as 'normal' as 'normal'. Think of them as numbers or something. You can't just say that normal needs to be the speed b/c it is called 'normal'.

It would definitely be nice if they could just have a poll when you log into xbox live or whatever on madden, but I doubt they have that capability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #106
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I love the slow speed. This is great news.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
what are you talking about? shutdowns points are legitimate. there are very few blitzes where 3 or even 4 men create a "nano" yet alone 2....ive never seen a 2 man nano up the get GTFOH

in the nfl blitzers come free ALL THE TIME and usually because the defense confused the olines blocking assignments...just look at the ravens and steelers for ex. you cant say the someone nanoing is cheating, its football

oh please, you cant compare madden nano blitzes to real nfl blitzes.

They don't 'reblitz' defensive linemen at the line of scrimmiage to confuse the AI of the offensive line of the other team.

You know what would happen if 3-4 players on an NFL team made INDIVIDUAL adjustments at the line of scrimmage? Touchdown.

You can't just say to yourself, ok Im gonna go here on this play. The bears for example play a gap defense. Everyone needs to be in their gap, or bad things happen. If you have 3 people decide to change their assignment at the line, then they aren't in their gaps....
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
oh please, you cant compare madden nano blitzes to real nfl blitzes.

They don't 'reblitz' defensive linemen at the line of scrimmiage to confuse the AI of the offensive line of the other team.

You know what would happen if 3-4 players on an NFL team made INDIVIDUAL adjustments at the line of scrimmage? Touchdown.

You can't just say to yourself, ok Im gonna go here on this play. The bears for example play a gap defense. Everyone needs to be in their gap, or bad things happen. If you have 3 people decide to change their assignment at the line, then they aren't in their gaps....
HUH??

have you ever played football??

my team used to always change assignments at the LOS depending on the O would line up especially lineman and LBS. for example instead of the DT shading the C at a 1(outside of C), a call might be made for him to shade at a 3(outside of C) or ( headup), instead of the olb blitzing the B gap a call might be made for him to blitz the C gap.

your point makes no sense, changes are made all the time at the LOS in football and madden is no different.

and yes players are assigned gaps and sometimes gaps are unoccupied its up to the O to see that and take advantage in real life and madden

but since were on madden, if you cant take advantage of your opponent blitzing 4 players from the leftside of the field in madden.....shame on you, dont get mad, just realize.....you garbage, dont complain and say "thats not real football" when overload blitzes happen
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1

ps3 speed feels alot faster than it did last week feels perfect
Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #110
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I think that, regardless of whether Slow is actually the more realistic speed, Tiburon has, yet again, created problems for THEMSELVES, for no real reason.

When people see something listed as SLOW, it conditions them to think of it as slow. When people see the words NORMAL, they are conditioned to believe that this is the standard. This is the default. This is the way something SHOULD be, ie Normal lol.

If Tiburon felt that SLOW was actually the default and proper game speed, why in the hell didn't they just call the F-ing thing NORMAL and shift all of the speed settings up a notch?

I have little doubt that this would make a difference to the psyche of the player. If Normal played at exactly the same speed as the current Slow speed it would still be more accepted. I don't think that there would be as much of a backlash, because people would think it is normal and not slow if that makes any sense.

Can someone please explain to Tiburon that if you think that there is a gamespeed that mirrors real life, to please call it normal and not slow next time lol? You will make your lives so much easier.

Last edited by Only1LT; 08-28-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #111
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
but thats the thing, they do an online poll on different websites when half of the people who play madden online dont twitter, or even know about OS. ive been playing madden for a long time i just found out about OS a couple of months ago!!! if EA really wants the opinion of its customers, they need to reach out to them other ways besides TML, twitter, OS, etc

at any given time theyre are thousands of madden players online, why doesnt EA create an online poll where players who log onto the EA servers to play madden can then vote??? that would get them more accurate results because I have no idea how they can really come to the conclusion that the madden community prefers the game to be played on "slow" rather than "normal" that makes no sense. i mean, normal is normal right? or is slow normal? WTF??
Lol. I have no idea either.

Good idea on the poll for EA Servers instead of Tweeting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #112
MVP

Methlab's Arena

Quote:
what are you talking about? shutdowns points are legitimate. there are very few blitzes where 3 or even 4 men create a "nano" yet alone 2....ive never seen a 2 man nano up the get GTFOH
OHH..your name is moneygamez and you played football..so you are obviously all knowing. I played football too..with one of the madden devs actually. But anyway, yes you can nano 2-3 guys out of the formations I mentioned. I read about guys doing it, when i found one of the many "lab sitez" out there they talk all about it. Since I am sure you are on there, go ahead and research better. If a guy is blitzing regular style football blitzes and not AI glitches, I have ZERO problem with it.

Facts are that guys are looking for easier nanos because they do not have as much time to reblitz and realign half their team to glitch the AI. But you should know this stuff since you obviously play for money and played football right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »