Home

Please bring back the deep pass...

This is a discussion on Please bring back the deep pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Please bring back the deep pass...

I don't mind the difficulty of completing the deep ball, I'd just like to see it defended more realistically by the DBs. Instead of having them just jump up and make a tip and a tackle in the same motion, have them sometimes tip it, have the ball just go off the WRs fingertips, have the WR get his hands on the ball and the CB knocks it out, etc.

New deep ball WR/CB animations please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm just about done with this game...when the bball games come out I think I'm gonna put Madden on the shelf for a long time. My problem is not the deep ball...it's the fact that the DB's have a sizeable advantage on attacking the ball and I'm just plain sick of it. You throw a deep ball to Fitz and he tries an over the shoulder catch or just puts his hands in the air while Asante Samuel jumps 10 feet in the air for the pick. It's garbage and it needs to be fixed. I HATE that about this game. I watched games on sunday and saw several receivers attacking the ball in the air. That needs to be in Madden...period.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I just had a sweet one today in my online franchise game:

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

Seems like the deep ball exists to me...

O-line picks up the blitz (or at least slows it down), safety is in man, air it out and let Marshall do his thing.
After playing this game 112 times online. I never saw a catch like that by any of my receivers.

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #28
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I've been struggling to complete the deep ball this year as well but I roll with the Broncos and Orton's deep ball accuracy is horrid!

I have noticed though that the db's are allowed to play bump and run all the way down the field! a stronger corner should be able to jam at the line, but after 5 yards he cant touch the wr or impeed the route. I allready have pass interfence maxed, its never called. Call a freakin illegal contact allready!! the rule has been around for a few years...
Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB0MBTHREATxX
After playing this game 112 times online. I never saw a catch like that by any of my receivers.
185 for me
Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB0MBTHREATxX
FWIW, this OF is set to default All-Pro, so all sliders are at 10 (middle).
Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
I have noticed though that the db's are allowed to play bump and run all the way down the field! a stronger corner should be able to jam at the line, but after 5 yards he cant touch the wr or impeed the route. I allready have pass interfence maxed, its never called. Call a freakin illegal contact allready!! the rule has been around for a few years...
This

I can understand the CB running to the ball and maybe some contact happens but the amount that happens in madden is absolutely unheard of in the NFL today. It would be a flag every time.(they should also add logic for the WR to run past the CB instead of running into him as they run down the field)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Please try to tone down the db coverage for patch #2 on a 1 on 1 deep pass it's very hard to defend in real life but even the worst db on madden can get defend a 99 wr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »