Home

Please bring back the deep pass...

This is a discussion on Please bring back the deep pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
Rookie

So Cal's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Please bring back the deep pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I disagree. In situations where coverage dictates a deep ball to be thrown this game gets it wrong. Like the original poster stated the WR's don't/won't/can't go up and get the ball and the ball is too floaty. The WR will be doing that STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation instead of playing the ball properly. Meanwhile the DB's are making plays on the ball.

The more games I watch on TV the more I see how poorly implemented the deep ball is. Corner routes are worse because of the STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation. NCAA is much better in this regard. It seems that in making the game slower, the entire timing of the passing game got messed up.

Honestly this may be the worse thing Ian and crew have done. Maybe the percentages of completed deep balls is realistic but everything else about it is unrealistic. It seems that in an attempt to cut down on deep ball cheese by the online and tourney group they totally nuked a vital part of the game. I'm not saying it should be easy but, Larry Fitz on a 5'9"crap corner with no safety help should be easy.
i agree with these two posters, in the fact that ncca 10 does a better job as far as the deep ball animations, but you dont want a boat load of deep balls and then everybody will just throw it up like in years past, but you do want to be able to see the difference between your playmakers such as fitz, moss, megatron and others who make a living out jumping the corner for the ball. its little things that need improvement in a game that is pretty good in my opinion, compared to yrs past. i think ncaa 10 and madden should share ideas sometimes. there are things in both games that i like and things that i cannot stand.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #18
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

You have to user your WR...That's not cheesing or cheating.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the deep pass is done perfectly. Teams rarely just air it out. And they usually use other plays over the course of game to set up the deep play. This has been my experience in the game. Its rewarding when you set the defense up for this and it works.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsNBroncos
Agreed. The deep ball is a joke in Madden now. Guys like Fitzgerald make a living beating the press and outjumping defenders, but this game bastardizes that. Why even have a jump rating or speed ratings when the cpu does what it wants?
No kidding....WR dont jump. all they LOVE to do is the over the shoulder catch 5000 times over....And usually in the silliest of circumstances where an over the shoulder catch is not needed.

Loved Madden10......for the 1st couple of weeks...now its shelved for all the issues (new and OLD)...and has been replaced by the STELLAR NHL10.

Hope the patch can fix this mess.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 26

Honestly, I think people who struggle just need to practice your timing. I was able to take Brees with Colsten and I was able to hit him on a streak route 30-60%(depending on coverage) of the time with both single coverage and safety help.(no user catch because IMO it is cheese "If CPU cant do it then why should I be allowed to" The other argument is user catching turns every WR into Randy Moss )

The streak is a bit harder to throw but almost every other deep ball pass is WAY to easy to complete. IMO it is almost as bad as the flats. I can take nearly any QB and put up more then decent numbers. Give me someone like Brady, Brees, or Manning and I drop back and complete 80% of my passes with 4+ TDs and 400+ yards every game on All-Pro. This is with only throwing into the flats less then 5 times a game and only running at most 4 screens a game.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-21-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have no problem with rarely being able to connect on the long ball or even going games at a time not being able to connect on a big pass, I just hate it that in situations where the corner is beat and the ball is perfect thrown that it can still mean nothing once the corner speeds pass my WR.

I don't mind the result I just wish the initial coverage reflected the result. I know not to trust what I see on deep passes because once the ball is thrown all bets are off. I just wish on the rare occassion that my WR beats the CB in man coverage that it would mean something when I threw deep.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
exactly. I have no complaints on the deep ball. I have many saved highlights on completed deep passes.
I just had a sweet one today in my online franchise game:

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

Seems like the deep ball exists to me...

O-line picks up the blitz (or at least slows it down), safety is in man, air it out and let Marshall do his thing.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every passing play goes for about 30 yards this year. However, it's all YAC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »