Home

Please bring back the deep pass...

This is a discussion on Please bring back the deep pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Please bring back the deep pass...

all of you saying its mechanics I am on xbox andre23 gamertag you will not complete one streak against me period
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Shoot man,I played the Steelers and Ben even completed 3 passes deep.
I usually hit 1 maybe 2 if I'm lucky a game,But I rarely try.I'm more of a quick passer ,West Coast style.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelboy
The deep pass in this game is almost stylistically perfect.. it's one of the better done things by ian and crew.
If you can't complete a play deep it's because A. you're pushing for it and it's obvious to the defense or B. you dont know to utilize the passing mechanics properly.
I disagree. In situations where coverage dictates a deep ball to be thrown this game gets it wrong. Like the original poster stated the WR's don't/won't/can't go up and get the ball and the ball is too floaty. The WR will be doing that STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation instead of playing the ball properly. Meanwhile the DB's are making plays on the ball.

The more games I watch on TV the more I see how poorly implemented the deep ball is. Corner routes are worse because of the STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation. NCAA is much better in this regard. It seems that in making the game slower, the entire timing of the passing game got messed up.

Honestly this may be the worse thing Ian and crew have done. Maybe the percentages of completed deep balls is realistic but everything else about it is unrealistic. It seems that in an attempt to cut down on deep ball cheese by the online and tourney group they totally nuked a vital part of the game. I'm not saying it should be easy but, Larry Fitz on a 5'9"crap corner with no safety help should be easy.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 09-20-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I disagree. In situations where coverage dictates a deep ball to be thrown this game gets it wrong. Like the original poster stated the WR's don't/won't/can't go up and get the ball and the ball is too floaty. The WR will be doing that STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation instead of playing the ball properly. Meanwhile the DB's are making plays on the ball.

The more games I watch on TV the more I see how poorly implemented the deep ball is. Corner routes are worse because of the STUPID OVER THE SHOULDER animation. NCAA is much better in this regard. It seems that in making the game slower, the entire timing of the passing game got messed up.

Honestly this may be the worse thing Ian and crew have done. Maybe the percentages of completed deep balls is realistic but everything else about it is unrealistic. It seems that in an attempt to cut down on deep ball cheese by the online and tourney group they totally nuked a vital part of the game. I'm not saying it should be easy but, Larry Fitz on a 5'9"crap corner with no safety help should be easy.
This...big time!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla

Yup Yup, the cpu corner backs obviously see the BIG ***
red circle so when the ball is in the air they slow down or speeds up with out even knowing where the ball is and just does a 360 and deflects, or stops short and jumps 10 feet and the air and intercepts the ball. Nice right?

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Much rather have the deep ball be hard to do......than easy !!

I do get them from time to time and they feel sooo much more rewarding when I do

This is just one of those things that will never be done perfectly in everybody's eyes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Much rather have the deep ball be hard to do......than easy !!

I do get them from time to time and they feel sooo much more rewarding when I do

This is just one of those things that will never be done perfectly in everybody's eyes
Of course but look, it could be a way to make an ATEMPT to make it look real. TBH, it looks fake when the defenders hit the ball cuz they take horrible angles, like the wr's.

And also, the defenders speed up faster than their speed allows them to,just to stop you from getting yards, ha ha.

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 22

I don't understand how the deep ball is so difficult... Rivers' DAC is only a 79 yet I complete them about as many times as he does in real life. I've completed them Jackson, with Gates, with my rookies, with Floyd, Even with my 74 overall 5'10"-6'0" (I can't really remember) rookie TE in the endzone who has 79 speed.

Fitz is automatic with me. So is Andre Johnson or any other WR that I play with in the Pro Bowl...

And I can do this on All-Pro, All-Madden, using playmakers or evanRG's (the best ever IMO) sliders, on any speed. You just have to time it correctly.

I've been able to let the cpu do its thing for me, but most of the time I user them. I've been even able to catch it over a smaller defender's shoulder with Vincent Jackson. I've been able to hit Doucet (who's only like 5'11... got him in Franchise) and just anybody really given the right coverage. And most of the time they don't do an over the shoulder catch ...(on a streak at least).

I don't know... could someone pull up a youtube video or something? Not a highlight (You can't see receivers downfield with a pressbox view)

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »