Home

Please bring back the deep pass...

This is a discussion on Please bring back the deep pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Please bring back the deep pass...

0 threshold, and you get your deep ball with someone like randy moss like i do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

The last thing EA needs to do is make deep bombs easier to complete. I rarely throw them and when I do and complete one (I think a reasonable percentage of the time) it feels like a big play. It should feel like a big play, they are big plays.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
This is one of my biggest frustrations with this Madden. I could say blocking or weird animations, but I didn't expect those to be perfected as there is some seriously complex logic involved.

I usually play with the Pats and the ratings between Brady and Moss should make for a perfect deep ball combo. However, I can't do it.

The problem is this: The QB doesn't lead the receiver down the field. When a WR is past his defender, the QB should always err on the side of overthrowing the ball. Most WRs are faster than CBs IRL, and the QB should try to lead them deep. However, in Madden they always throw it short. ALWAYS!

I don't understand it. If I take control of the WR and hit speed burst, I can get behind the defender, but I also over run the ball by 10 yrds. I can't get into position to try and catch it under the red ring icon without some BS rocket catch maneuver. All the while, the defender is straffing and getting into the perfect position to make great leaping pick.

And yes, and I've definitely tried pressing up to lead the receiver/throw high. I also do not throw on the move. I have my feet planted in the pocket and no defenders around the QB at all. It's just broken, plain and simple.

Very frustrating.
Don't give up J. Like many have said. Lower the threshold slider a bit and you MUST use the lead pass.

If I use the Pats, and Moss beats BnR coverage with no safety help it's as good as 6 provided I TAP the appropriate receiver button and push UP on the D pad. No user catch and no speed burst.

Check out this pass I threw to Roy Williams who beat Corey Webster's BnR coverage. It was only 27 yards but it could have been 70 because Webster was beat.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

i have no problems completing the deep pass, i complete them atleast 5 or 6 times a game just go with the deep slant
Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

with the eagles and mcnabb I can see that he has a strong arm. ok guys look I am not saying make it easy to the point you can do it all the time just saying can the qb throw a catchable pass. I dont even care if he is tackled after making the catch I would just like to a streak executed with one one coverage ie sanchez to cotchery last week or flacco to mason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #46
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

For those claiming the deep pass is broken please view the following 2 video's from the last few weeks.

Notice how the QB is composed in the pocket, reads the coverage, leads the receiver, and has perfect touch on the ball. The deep ball is perfectly implemented into Madden 10, you just have to unlearn everything you've learned in past EA Football games.

THIS IS WITH NO SLIDER TWEAKS, ALL PRO DIFFICULTY, ONE ONLINE, ONE OFF.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
This

I can understand the CB running to the ball and maybe some contact happens but the amount that happens in madden is absolutely unheard of in the NFL today. It would be a flag every time.(they should also add logic for the WR to run past the CB instead of running into him as they run down the field)
This. I'm getting sick of scrubs pretending they're Mel Blount and shoving my WR (not jostling for position, SHOVING) down field when I'm going to hit them on a streak. This stuff would be legit if this were 1974, but come on. Illegal contact has been a rule since 1978.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't think it is perfect now but nor do I think it was perfect before.

So, if by bringing it back you mean have 5 TDs on bombs if you throw to a fly route 10 times again I am not in support of that.

I think it was WAY WAY WAY to easy to make that pass before. The deep ball is very very low percentage pass, especially if you aren't running the ball well and you are playing two deep safeties.

I will say getting AI to handling it correctly has to be difficult. It should happen once in a while with a higher but still very low percentage if you are running the ball when and use playaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »