Home

Please bring back the deep pass...

This is a discussion on Please bring back the deep pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Please bring back the deep pass...

There is nothing worse than calling a sreak when someone drops their safety down right behind a LB. OK so a smart QB will make an adjustment based on the COVERAGE right? So I take my fastest WR send him on a streak to the side where he will have no safety help creating a one on one situation. The DB is pressing for a bump and run PERFECT! My WR after jostling with the DB my WR runs past him GREAT! I make the throw by tapping for a deep pass and as soon as the ball is in flight not only does the DB run PAST me but the SAFETY runs back 20 yards and knock the crap out of me! HUMAN BEINGS do not move faster than the flight of the football in real life but on Madden they do.

They slowed down the game speed but some of the Fundamental Flaws from previous Maddens still happen which is ok just the deep issue is killing me. Please Please Please if a DB is BEAT he is BEAT give the gameplay back to the QB not the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Please bring back the deep pass...

Agreed. The deep ball is a joke in Madden now. Guys like Fitzgerald make a living beating the press and outjumping defenders, but this game bastardizes that. Why even have a jump rating or speed ratings when the cpu does what it wants?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks to me this is a huge deal as far as gameplay goes. It doesnt matter ehat QB you chose no one can throw a streak based on the DB's ridiculous coverage and it could be the nickel cornerback they are all GREAT!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

I can complete deep passes. Not very frequently but enough for it to seem reasonable.

I find that the high lob deep ball does encourage the CB and safety to get back and pressure the WR. The best throw to complete the deep ball is the medium loft pass deep... this reaches the WR much quicker than the High loft pass but also clears the head of the CB (unlike the low loft pass).

Go into practice mode and try each pass... you'll really notice the difference in the deep ball... the difference in how long you have to hold the button down for the medium loft pass is miniscule but do it enough in practice and you can master it.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can still complete the deep ball as well but you cant expect to complete it everytime. In real life teams only attempet the deep ball a few times a game and the % they complete is low
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Banned

Call a streak, then push up on the stick and tap the pass button -- that's how you throw the deep pass. duh.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonas82
I can still complete the deep ball as well but you cant expect to complete it everytime. In real life teams only attempet the deep ball a few times a game and the % they complete is low
exactly. I have no complaints on the deep ball. I have many saved highlights on completed deep passes.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

The deep pass in this game is almost stylistically perfect.. it's one of the better done things by ian and crew.
If you can't complete a play deep it's because A. you're pushing for it and it's obvious to the defense or B. you dont know to utilize the passing mechanics properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »