Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #433
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,530
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

The reality is that all pro sport games need a 15 month development cycle. I hate waiting for patches but what is the alternative. Just remember last gen when a game was broken it stayed broken until the next game. We are getting better games now but we are seeing how the hotdogs are made.
grunt is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #434
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,530
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Moncrief
You talking about Quarterback Club? There were, like, 5 releases to that series. I think there was one out every year between 1998-2002.

OH AND BY THE WAY

Yea, it's true. This thread was started by Ian Cummings on October 16th, 2009. It HAS NOT even been a month yet and look at all the insanity that has gone on in these 22 (for now..) pages. I don't know how any of you do it without feeling somewhat out of your minds. All these posts and is the patch out? No. Has any further details been released? No. Gotta feel a little silly, huh?

Oh and before I get a verbal warning, note that I am not trying to bait anyone into an argument. I don't care to start one, I won't be browsing this forum enough to continue one, and with how illogical the internet is, I won't be able to properly end one. It's just extremely funny to me to see how out of hand it can get on the internet. It's like I'm the only one waiting for Splinter Cell Conviction to come out. That game has been delayed, what? Two maybe three years? Can anyone here handle something like that? Can't even wait out 27 days..
The worst customers are the one that are unhappy and just go away. We are still here. I think we got a little spoiled by Ian posting blow by blow in the last development cycle and I would rather him grind out this patch so we will have a more enjoyable game.
grunt is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #435
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Weird, NJ
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The worst customers are the one that are unhappy and just go away. We are still here. I think we got a little spoiled by Ian posting blow by blow in the last development cycle and I would rather him grind out this patch so we will have a more enjoyable game.
I understand the point you are trying to get across but, in the end, that's subjective. In my opinion, the worst time consumers are the folks who stick around on message boards and constantly whine about a game/patch every day as though their desperate calls for improvement are being heard. Yes, the developers take into account what the public wants to see in their games but, you must agree, a lot of what is done here on OS and various boards around the internet is overkill.

I've been here before. For the Grand Theft Auto series I would be on GTAForums.com (a forum website that the Rockstar dev. team never forgets to appreciate in their game credits) day in and day out racking up post after post talking about the games, especially during the suspenful months before release. And you know what? I racked up well over 5,000 posts on that board. And one day, I decided to look back on myself and I saw someone who was definitely excited for the game but at the same time, I saw how much time I wasted discussing some ridiculous things. Eventually, when it came time to hype GTA4, I ceased to join in on the hype threads. And for that reason, I enjoyed that game a whole lot more. Patience is key to anything in life, not just video games. Some of us here are in college, and I'm sure can't wait to grab that degree and be done with the whole thing, but it's at least a 2-4 year road and patience is the greatest route to take.

All I'm saying is that many members here appear extremely impatient and childish. Many of them are warned, and ultimately banned, by the moderating staff. Why? Not because they're being censored. Not because any of us have lost the right to freedom of expression. Because sometimes it's downright annoying, and once again, childish.

Cummings released Patch 2 info on October 16th. It is now November 13th. Not even a month. About 20 of the 23 pages in this thread are a waste of time. The increasing demand will not force EA's hand (or Microsoft/Sony) to release the patch sooner. They will release it when they release it. That's the bottom line. They will follow protocol, submit the patch for approval, and we will all get the patch when it's time.

I didn't expect and I still wouldn't expect the patch 'til around Thanksgiving, when the Madden arcade game is released. These companies like to release things around the same time, right? So once December 1st hits, that's when people should START to get antsy.

Not friggin October 20th when the information was released October 16th and everyone's saying "omg where's the patch?", "I need the patch!", "C'mon EA hurry your asses up!"

Browsing OS has to be fun for guys like me too. And having to sift through this crap day in and day out isn't very fun. And the goal of the staff here is to limit people like me from having to sift through the mindless rants. And for that, I commend them. Modding a forum is easy work, I've done that in the past too, but it can become so unbelievably taxing on the mind to deal with the same stuff over and over again.

This is not my first post on the matter. I urge everyone once again to be patient. Hell, the dev. team should come on here and tell everyone to be patient. Maybe many of you would listen then, only to likely curse their arrival a day later when the patience runs up.
R.Moncrief is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #436
Banned
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gator Country
Posts: 411
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Moncrief
This is not my first post on the matter. I urge everyone once again to be patient. Hell, the dev. team should come on here and tell everyone to be patient. Maybe many of you would listen then, only to likely curse their arrival a day later when the patience runs up.
I see where your post is coming from, BUT...

The game came out in August. Let me repeat. August. Bottom line is that these patches should only include add ons such as visual upgrade, correct bugs and glitches, and alternate unis and stuff like that.

Gameplay should have been left alone regardless of how good or bad it was. Because when they alter gameplay it makes the diehard gamers want to start over with the better gameplay additions.

Releasing patch after patch to improve gameplay is atrocious. The game comes out in August and we have to wait until Thanksgiving for the gameplay to be as good as it should have been on release day.

No pity for EA. If they worried about gameplay to begin with instead of bogus gimmick features, then titles like NCAA Football wouldnt have went straight into the trash this year.
GatorBait06NC is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #437
Banned
 
bigjake62505's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I see where your post is coming from, BUT...

The game came out in August. Let me repeat. August. Bottom line is that these patches should only include add ons such as visual upgrade, correct bugs and glitches, and alternate unis and stuff like that.

Gameplay should have been left alone regardless of how good or bad it was. Because when they alter gameplay it makes the diehard gamers want to start over with the better gameplay additions.

Releasing patch after patch to improve gameplay is atrocious. The game comes out in August and we have to wait until Thanksgiving for the gameplay to be as good as it should have been on release day.

No pity for EA. If they worried about gameplay to begin with instead of bogus gimmick features, then titles like NCAA Football wouldnt have went straight into the trash this year.
bigjake62505 is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #438
MVP
 
ComfortablyLomb's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: USA
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I see where your post is coming from, BUT...

The game came out in August. Let me repeat. August. Bottom line is that these patches should only include add ons such as visual upgrade, correct bugs and glitches, and alternate unis and stuff like that.
I disagree. If gameplay can be upgraded with a patch and the company is willing to put the time and effort into upgrading it I don't see why the improvement should be withheld from the buying public. It's obvious you would rather have nothing than something for some reason.

Quote:
Gameplay should have been left alone regardless of how good or bad it was. Because when they alter gameplay it makes the diehard gamers want to start over with the better gameplay additions.
You're basically saying that gameplay shouldn't be addressed by a patch because diehard gamers are an obsessive-compulsive group. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but refusing to improve the product because of some group's neurosis is it's own insanity.

Quote:
Releasing patch after patch to improve gameplay is atrocious. The game comes out in August and we have to wait until Thanksgiving for the gameplay to be as good as it should have been on release day.
As has been said many, many times on the many forums of this website: sports games really require a development cycle longer than one year. Unfortunately, that isn't how the sports game industry works and I don't foresee a change on the horizon. A lot of bugged out console games of the past could have been fixed by patches but the ability wasn't there and now we have this incredible technology that allows for problems to be corrected on the consoles and you don't want to use it. What you want is what I want, games that ship in perfect working order, but it's not necessarily realistic and if you're going to forgo repairs after shipment because you're angry the video game world isn't the utopia you envision I think you've lost sight of reality.
ComfortablyLomb is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #439
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,530
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I see where your post is coming from, BUT...

The game came out in August. Let me repeat. August. Bottom line is that these patches should only include add ons such as visual upgrade, correct bugs and glitches, and alternate unis and stuff like that.

Gameplay should have been left alone regardless of how good or bad it was. Because when they alter gameplay it makes the diehard gamers want to start over with the better gameplay additions.

Releasing patch after patch to improve gameplay is atrocious. The game comes out in August and we have to wait until Thanksgiving for the gameplay to be as good as it should have been on release day.

No pity for EA. If they worried about gameplay to begin with instead of bogus gimmick features, then titles like NCAA Football wouldnt have went straight into the trash this year.
I see what your saying, but I've waited a long time for other sports games patches, like 2k baseball and 2k basketball last year.

I paid full price minus some trade in. I'm entitled to fix certain areas of gameplay that is not providing me with a realistic experience.

I would rather have a good working patch that fixed a lot of the elements of the game instead of a patch that was rushed and broke other elements of the game.

You are fighting an uphill battle with sports games that are released on a yearly basis. There isn't a sports game I don't own that hasn't had two patches or two title updates.

There is no pity for EA, but there isn't pity for any other gaming company out there, either.
roadman is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #440
Banned
 
kpkpkp's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Providence, RI
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I see what your saying, but I've waited a long time for other sports games patches, like 2k baseball ...
Man, If you're a 360 owner with no PS 3. Decent baseball games havent existed since 2005.

MLB 2K6,7,8,9 ect have been a bugged up frustrating disapointment every year.

I refuse to buy 'em anymore. Now; they truly are horrible to their community over at 2Kforums. They hardly produce decent and timely patches, and devs almost never post anything.

Off topic I know. My B.

Rant over.

I'm just so dissapointed as a baseball lover, to have no choice but to play a bugged and in-complete version of a baseball game. Whoever is on the dev team the last few years for baseball over at 2K should be fired if they still have their job.

Ok, rant over for real.

Cuz even though it is frustrating to wait this long for the second Madden patch, I know that at least I'm playing a decent product here, which should improve. And the fact that everyone here wants to patch so bad is a testament to the fact that Madden10 is a decent game.

If this game just plain stunk, no would care about patching or rosterupdates. It would already be forgotten.
kpkpkp is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Top -