Home

Are we taking Madden too serious?

This is a discussion on Are we taking Madden too serious? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Are we taking Madden too serious?

I don't think it's that people take Madden serious, it's that they take the NFL serious. Sports fans are pretty fanatical.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Lol, when the man is putting you down, you gotta fight for your cause. I love football games way more than going to the polls personally.

I wasn't trying to be funny
Old 10-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

"Are we taking Madden too serious? "

Yes, and for all intents and purposes that is a good thing. Especially for EA. Anyone working for EA that feels this is NOT a good thing and is flustered by it, should consider WHY having such a serious and vocal consumer base is a good thing.

To better understand this, find a random game that is absolutely horrid but has a forum with 10 posts on it over a 1 or 2 year period. When there's no one out there to give feedback on your game, or cares less to make a comment, that's when you've got big problems. You don't want your franchise game to get to that point.

Having a fan base like Madden has, and such a vocal one at that, demanding perfection, is a very good thing. It means they're committed to it, and want to see it succeed.

JMO.

Last edited by dj101; 10-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Gaming is a hobby. Many people collect stamps or make knit sweaters. Would you say to any of them that they are taking their respective hobbies too seriously? Of course not.

and EA does owe it customers something otherwise they will lose those customers. Except for the fact that 90 percent of madden players are lemmings and buy the game each year on blind faith. Those people deserve what they get and should stfu.

At the end of the day everybody knows the game should work better than it does. There is no reason this game isn't damn near perfect right now except for the fact that EA is resting on their laurels. That is what frustrates a lot of people
Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

I made basically the same thread and it got closed by some dbag mod saying "this is only going to start a flame war" Please keep this one open.

I agree, people take it way too seriously, but all in all, it only ruins the fun for them.

I understand its only a game, and will never be perfect, and i have FUN playing. Kudos to those who also still have fun playing madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I didn't clearly articulate myself. When u said " are we taking madden too serious". I meant as far as the personal attacks, and threads getting close for post interviews in which devs contradict or lie. I personally take madden serious in regards of I know we are not getting the best game possible. I'm just trying to find a realistic way of getting the game right without personally attacking people or silencing opposite viewpoints.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes, it's taken way to seriously..it's a videogame.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #24
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes, we are.

It's a GAME and like all games can never accurately simulate reality. It's possible to hit 100 homers in The Show with Michael Young, does that mean it sucks? You can take 5-6 bullets to your torso in COD4 and wait and heal....stupid unrealistic game?

People go ballistic because it is possible to exploit flaws in Madden and call it unplayable.

It's A GAME! It's better than 09 and getting better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »