Home

Are we taking Madden too serious?

This is a discussion on Are we taking Madden too serious? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Are we taking Madden too serious?

Madden NFL may indeed have a whole lot of areas that need work but the thing that bugs me, personally, is the idea/hope that picketing against EA's NFL exclusivity contract will get results.

EA Sports will be producing a NFL licensed video game for the next SEVERAL years. Get that through your heads.

All of this complaining about there being no alternative is a waste of time. There won't be another alternative for an NFL licensed video game. Maybe some other developmental team will throw together a football video game for all of us to play (as they have done) but it won't involve the NFL, and after a while, will get boring. Honestly speaking.

It's hard enough to swallow the fact that many of our collective complaints with the game itself go unheard (which is neither here nor there) nevermind thinking that if you complain about the exclusivity contract, you'll force EA Sports' hand at sharing the NFL license.

As a consumer, unless you own a share in the company at the same time, your words will amount to MAYBE 5% in EA's world. Everyone needs to learn their place and just deal with it. If any of you have seriously spent the last couple months waiting and agonizing over not being able to start a franchise file in Madden NFL 10, you really need to find something else in your lives.

Our generation is way too consumed by a need for constant stimulus. Sometimes I wish I was born in the 1800s before any this stuff was even invented.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
yes its a game, no one is forced to buy it, everyone feels like something is owed to them cause they bought. yet if madden went a way and nothing to supplement it. it would be called the dumbest thing ea ever did. no win situation
If madden went away, you would have every game company out there taking a shot at a new football game. Why? because it's the most popular league there is and if you can get just a small slice of the market you would have a cash cow.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
..you would have every game company out there taking a shot at a new football game. Why? because it's the most popular league there is and if you can get just a small slice of the market you would have a cash cow.
But this WILL NOT be happening any time soon. So this part of the discussion needs to be given a rest by everyone. It's a waste of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

no, we need more intensity around this important significant issue. we need to march, Bitches!

actually yes, everyone cares way too much, but at the same time they care the wrong way. Dont bitch, just stop playing if the issues are too much for you and dont buy the game next year...is it that hard to rent before you buy to see if you really even want it?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I feel you R.Moncrief, i have a ps3 and enjoying gaming as a part of relaxation. i don't get to play everyday or nite . i have kids and family that comes first. its cool to come here when something is wrong just to see if your the only one experiencing it, but now its like one big bitch session, if you say something good bout the game your unrealistic , if you say something bad about the game you get flamed. i come on here give my two cents about wishlists, help someone out with questions on how to and try to keep my nose clean
Old 10-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Pleas tell me you didnt just compare EA having the NFL lincense to American Civil Rights?

Last edited by Jackdog; 10-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Pleas tell me you didnt just compare EA having the NFL lincense to American Civil Rights?
Lol, when the man is putting you down, you gotta fight for your cause. I love football games way more than going to the polls personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
here is your answer to the question on the thread

not meant for you gmen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »