Home

Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I see it more as the defensive back is running into the reciever. If it wasn't tight man, the reciever wouldn't cross paths with the defender. The Colts did what looked like a slant/Flat combo that created a natural pick last Sunday that worked out that way.
I stand corrected, then

Quote:
On Madden, it doesn't work well meaning you don't always get the same result.

Defensive backs seem to do well to sidestep on some plays while other times they get burned.

If youre playing Vs a human, angles and positioning are always being adjusted so its easy to stop if you see it coming. Against the Computer, a drag will beat man without a rub anyway.

Another reason to have a few high RLS receivers. Not only can they beat press coverage, but getting good starts off the line would seem to make this work even better.

Maybe it's even a disadvantage sometimes to have high PRS corners. Hmm...
Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Maybe it's even a disadvantage sometimes to have high PRS corners. Hmm...
If you see a shotgun 3WR bunch set, I'd stay away from the press in that situation.

On this years Madden, 3wr bunch formations are the best way to get a natural pick, but rarely seem to happen from base formations.

One of my favorite pick plays on previous Maddens was running a TE quick hitch with the slot reciever running a 5 yard In over the top. The TE would stop for the hitch and at the same time would pick the slot defender who was covering the In. On this years Madden, plays like that don't work because the defender alway run around the other reciever. The 3WR bunch is the exception because it doesn't give the corner much room to avoid contact.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-21-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #51
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Thats what happened in the video.

It is a natural rub play, the reciever is only running a route and the cross causes the rub if the defenders are playing tight man, just like in real life. It is not an intentional pick.

The Colts are accused of it all the time by people who don't seem to understand the rule.

It doesn't work well on Madden10 though, I know, I've been running natural pick plays for a few years.

You seem to think its too easy, which makes me think you haven't spent much time trying it out. Its alot harder to do on this years Madden, defenders often cut before the recievers when they're in Man defense, and always avoid the rub if not in press.
Correct, its not a money play, its more of incidental contact or a natural rub than a pick imo.
If the animations were better than that would also help.
I think its a good tip.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-21-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #52
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
So the Colts receivers run directly into the DBs? Not just make the DBs have to "dodge" out of the way, but just run right into them like the receiver did in the video.

And do the Madden DBs adapt to it? For example, if you ran a tight formation and the AI called tight man each time, the DBs won't do this? The player AI would catch on and adjust how the DB runs coverage on the receiver?
Yes they adapt b/c they wouldn't keep calling the BnR every play lol , or they would just Bump 1 WR, not a global BnR.

I don't see real NFL teams running BnR every play. Neither does the Madden A.I.(guys online, thats a different story). This was a rub w/ a not so good animation.
A good tip, but I've seen this used in previous Madden's as well. So a good one but an old one.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-21-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #53
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
At best its incidental contact - at worse...it's a pick.
Exactly, incidental contact(Incidental Contact - Minor, usually inadvertent contact, that is usually ignored by officals).

And somewhere in between Best and Worst its a natural rub.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-21-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #54
Banned

dfos81's Arena

So if dbs can bump and push within 5yds, why can't WR's run routes were dbs have to turn and chase?
If the db's are smart enough they would ease off a lil and not get washed up in the WR's routes.

Seems fair to me.
Whats unfair is saying the D can bump him, but the WR can't run a route w/ other WR's bunched on his side b/c he's speedy.

This is just as legal as a DB bumping and jostling within 5yds.

As Maham mentioned above, have you ever watched the Colts?

They do this every game, but its only seen as a problem(by fans of the opposing team) when the dbs are trying to be too aggressive. Just like the video is showing.

I don't think the refs would let it slide every game, if it was illegal. Teams would turn the tape in to the head of officiating and Mike Perara(or whatever his name is) would be talking about it on NFL Network and Refs would be calling it.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-21-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #55
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
I disagree with the OP's first sentence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
If the animations were better than that would also help.
It would help a LOT.

Seeing a WR and a DB run head-to-head against each other like that...not exactly a realistic looking play!

Especially by the DB, he looks like he's blind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »