Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One thing that EA Tiburon MUST address on defense before Madden 11 is released is the DE's and OLB's running the arc on the pass rush. Please!!! Do not release this game without addressing this issue.

Discuss.

LBzrule, as always excellent work! Couldn't agree more. Man I swear some of y'all need to be working for EA sports. Madden needs the help. Now can you come up with something about the WR/DB interaction animations that where suppose to be in Madden10??
Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
LBzrule, as always excellent work! Couldn't agree more. Man I swear some of y'all need to be working for EA sports. Madden needs the help. Now can you come up with something about the WR/DB interaction animations that where suppose to be in Madden10??
I can come up with something for WR/DB interaction, however, I will not be able to use Madden 10. I'll dig up my old post and make a thread out of it. I doubt they will be able to flesh out the intricacies of what I have for Madden 11 though. But who knows. I'll dig it up and make it a thread here shortly.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #75
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Co-sign. This issue is core to football.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I can come up with something for WR/DB interaction, however, I will not be able to use Madden 10. I'll dig up my old post and make a thread out of it. I doubt they will be able to flesh out the intricacies of what I have for Madden 11 though. But who knows. I'll dig it up and make it a thread here shortly.

Hey much appreciated. If you can great, but if not its kool too. Understand this stuff takes time. Crazy though you would think this would be implemented or fixed for Madden 11 since it was suppose to be in Madden 10.. makes u wonder..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #77
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I agree, and to go one further - I would love to see at least a handful of different PA animations. Romo does this "body fake" thing - don't even know what to call it, but it is a very quick "half-@$$" PA fake where he doesn't even "fake" a hand off. If you have seen it - you know what I mean, if not I am at a loss to describe it.

I think variations in the PA should also have variable levels of effectiveness - and of course be related in effectiveness to the ratings of the players.
Different Types of Play Action:

Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #78
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Different Types of Play Action:

That vid highlights another problem....the PA is ineffective because of the AI.

LBz can explain it better than I can, but the LB's play pass responsibilities first and never take that check step on a run play. Couple this with the super reaction time of LB's and the PA isn't as effective as it should be when you have a great run game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 04-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #79
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
That vid highlights another problem....the PA is ineffective because of the AI.

LBz can explain it better than I can, but the LB's play pass responsibilities first and never take that check step on a run play. Couple this with the super reaction time of LB's and the PA isn't as effective as it should be when you have a great run game.
I agree. I'd love to see something implemented where the deep ball fake gets the most false steps out of the LBs. Then the quick ball fake gets less of a reaction, then the "turn" around play action gets even less reaction. Obviously ratings would get tied to this too.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

By fixing this problem, I think it would really create problems with c gap nano blitzes. They really need good blocking logic from the running backs to make the whole pass rush system work for both sides. I don't see this being a simple fix because of all the different ways to bring a pass rush. I feel to many play books have rb's running routes instead of being on primary pass block support then sneekin out to the flats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »