Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

I'm onboard with this. 5 star lock it dev team along with true 3-4 olb's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #42
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ohhh I did. But somebody told me that it would be good to post it to get discussion so that the applicable parties would realize it is a huge issue.
HUGGGGGGGGGGE issue
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Valderez,
Any chance we get this noticed by EA and they can work on it between now and release or do you think we are looking at M12 based on what you are seeing from NCAA11?
Doesn't look like it's fixed in NCAA from their vids, so probably not fixed as of now in Madden. Doesn't mean it can't be before it ships though. No telling how old the videos we have seen are.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

^^^ Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #45
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Nice video LB. I would love to see them add more pass rush Techniches like the old Reggie White Bull rush are more of the swim move. On another note I'm hoping they fixed the human user team controlled defense pass rush this year. Last year it was poor. But overall the game is looking great right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

I remember you talking about this last year LB. Its such a big part of the game that could fix 2 key area's of the game. First being that the Olb's in a 3-4 Defense are completely useless. Because they are currently programmed to run into the Lt/Rt instead of running up field forcing the T's to move quickly and take the proper steps to make the block. Same thing for defensive Ends. Why are they programed to run right at the LT/RT? They should be trying to get up field.

Fix #2 is the overall look of the pocket. It just doesn't look or play out right. Don't know exactly how to say it but it just doesn't have the right bend look if that makes any sense. Everything is so squished together. There needs to be more space/created lanes to step up in (unless your playing with a Terrible line vs a great D)

IMO there are things that are just plain confusing in Madden. I play in a 3-4 Defense as the 49ers and year after year my DT or LE leads in sacks. That should NEVER be the case in a 3-4 defense. My Dt is supposed to take up 2 blocks and clog up the middle. Not be able to constantly penetrate the Line of scrimmage. And the Ends in a 3-4 Defense should have very weak sack numbers also. There more of an engage and try to contain the outside type. They should not be getting up field as easily as they do in Madden. A 4-3 end YES, 3-4 end NO.

This is something that really needs to get looked at. It basic fundemental's of football. The 3-4 will forever be pointless/useless until these aspects of the game are fixed. These been long over due IMO.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 AM   #47
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The fact that they were unable to get this working in Madden 10, after they blogged on it, and touted it, even comparing blocking to APF2K8 at one point and how theirs was superior, is one the main reasons it's hard to count on them when they are saying they've added something and it will work (regardless of the feature). They tried to add a proper pocket in M10, and were unable to get the job done. Yet I can pop in a game 3 years old and have a beautiful pocket. That's why I look forward to locomotion, but still have lots of reservations. And when they tell me they've fixed pathing for blocking, I want to see it.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The fact that they were unable to get this working in Madden 10, after they blogged on it, and touted it, even comparing blocking to APF2K8 at one point and how theirs was superior, is one the main reasons it's hard to count on them when they are saying they've added something and it will work (regardless of the feature). They tried to add a proper pocket in M10, and were unable to get the job done. Yet I can pop in a game 3 years old and have a beautiful pocket. That's why I look forward to locomotion, but still have lots of reservations. And when they tell me they've fixed pathing for blocking, I want to see it.
Yeah, we all gone through song and dance of how things are going to be fixed. We will be able to see as soon as we get gameplay vids.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »