Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #33
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
There really needs to be a puch up the middle. The problem is that the DT will engaged and then there moves are so low they can't get to QB. But if they where simply there to puch the pocket they possiblay xould get a coverage sack or a sack from the QB having to step up in the pocket.
I've actually seen DTs get most of the sacks because they have good BSH and good Power moves. They're also closer to the QB and seem to peel off and make the majority of the sacks.

I completely agree that the good DTs should mostly push the pocket and disrupt the play that way.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

^^that reminds me whoever "designed" the draft classes last year made all the DTs have ratings in FIN that were pathetic.

Looking at the #3 player taken in the real NFL draft, the DT - he had better have some FIN moves because that is his game - his is a quick, up the field DT, a one gap penetrate type player and the draft classes need to have some balanced, POW, and FIN guys both there and at DE - not to mention the wacked out sizes for some of the players - saw a DE who was 6'2" 234LBS and even though wght makes little difference in M10 there is no way a team is drafting that dude in first 3 rds.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #35
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Well the finesse move is really only the spin move right? That's why DTs are low. They can have good initial quickness but they'll rarely use a spin. I don't like that there are only rip and swim moves in the game. How about a true bull rush?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #36
Banned

Spin is not the only FIN move, actually swim move is a FIN move, requires quicks/AGI to pull off. And others I am sure would be considered FIN moves that occur by NFL DTs. Heck, some DTs like that guy from Atlanta are mostly relying on fin moves because of his quickness and agility.

I agree with the need to bring back Bull Rush, sorely missed!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 55

Lbz, we've talked a lot about this. You know I agree with you 100%. Just showing my support here.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #38
Banned

I would be interested to hear an EA guy, Ian or someone, at least comment on this thread. Wonder if they know about this, cuz I am pretty sure this is not the first time LBzrule has brought this up!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #39
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I've been watching the NCAA videos to get an idea of what's coming up on Madden 11, and so far, I'm not impressed. There still is no real pocket. Instead guys go all over the place. In the Drew Brees video, you can even see a Guard rush forward 2 to 3 yards to make a block. In APF2K8, you'd get an illegal receiver down field penalty, but not sure about Madden or if contact is made in the form of a block 3 yards past the line of scrimmage on a block. The line work needs a lot of work, at least from the videos we have seen so far.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #40
Banned

Valderez,
Any chance we get this noticed by EA and they can work on it between now and release or do you think we are looking at M12 based on what you are seeing from NCAA11?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »