Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
LB you are a poster who I respect the most on this forum. I can say that you know what you are talking about in every topic that you post on. But in saying that you can get your desired pass rush in a 4 man DL. All you have to do is spread your DL and re blitz your DE's...Its not 100% the same but is close enough. ANd you can spread your DL anc crash them out. But they go too far out for my taste but they take away 90% of any scrambling chance from the QB.....But the only problem with Madden 10 is that the CPU doesnt have the ability to do this themselves, so my idea is to have adaptive AI change the DE's rush (as mentioned above) on passing downs....WHich looks possible in madden 12 with the addition of gameflow this year...thats just my 2 cents
It may be close enough, however, it's not good enough. Plus the DE's are slow off the snap and the A.I DE's do not do a great job of using the moves. This has to change completely.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It may be close enough, however, it's not good enough. Plus the DE's are slow off the snap and the A.I DE's do not do a great job of using the moves. This has to change completely.
This is maybe the most important part of this - If I send D. Ware, or on a different team Harrison, Peppers, Kampman or whomever - they ought to be utilizing their moves without my input

What good does it do you to have a great player if you have to control him to get production???

This is exactly why the players are rated and the great players ought to be a force. You should have to locate D. Ware or (insert your pass rush demi-god here) every pass play.

As far as nanos go with this, they need to fix this - then let some community guys like LBzrule test it and point out where the potential problems are. Then you tweak from there! Part of fixing Nanos is having the RBs actually pick up blitzers and not just get reverse pancaked!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25

I agree 100%x10...An ABSOLUTE MUST.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

the funny thing for me is this....I CAN NOT..and have not been able to with next gen madden/Ncaa.....CAN not get ANY type of pressure with a RE...After futile attempts i finally just edited STUD RE to LE as that is the ONLY side you can EVER get pressure from.

Why is that? Doesnt matter who you have for LT either....They become MR BRICKWALL.

Better be addressed in M11...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is a good post LB. But Madden needs to replicate how the DEs/OLBs play respective to down and distance and how the team plays their De/OLBs.

Example: on a third and long most De's and OLB's if rushing the QB and not running a stunt will probably run the arch to pressure the QB because they kno the QB is going to have to take a deep drop.

but if Madden makes all the DE's and OLB's run the arch reguardless of down and distance or the way the team plays in real life. you could have Dlineman running the arch on 3rd and shorts or goaline. also if they always run the arch off tackle runs would be money all the time.

Madden needs to institute a way to pick how the Dline should rush the passer during the playcall screen (much like 2k did) or one should be able to tell the line how to rush at the line of scrimmage.

Finally not every team tells their DE's and OLB's to run the arch some teams play them close to the tackle and use more of inside rushes and power moves.
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
This is a good post LB. But Madden needs to replicate how the DEs/OLBs play respective to down and distance and how the team plays their De/OLBs.

Example: on a third and long most De's and OLB's if rushing the QB and not running a stunt will probably run the arch to pressure the QB because they kno the QB is going to have to take a deep drop.

but if Madden makes all the DE's and OLB's run the arch reguardless of down and distance or the way the team plays in real life. you could have Dlineman running the arch on 3rd and shorts or goaline. also if they always run the arch off tackle runs would be money all the time.

Madden needs to institute a way to pick how the Dline should rush the passer during the playcall screen (much like 2k did) or one should be able to tell the line how to rush at the line of scrimmage.

Finally not every team tells their DE's and OLB's to run the arch some teams play them close to the tackle and use more of inside rushes and power moves.
While all of that is true, we need a simple solution. And that solution would be to give the user the call. Maybe they can add it to game flow I don't know. So on 3rd and 8 you tell your DE's to peel their ears back and go. They have to address this vs the way it is right now. We need more options than the way it is right now. And yes, off tackle runs would be money. That's the point. A guy can't be responsible for 3 things at once. That's the problem with the game now. They try to make 1 guy do multiple things at the same time and things that should be there for the taking are not.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

I think they can build this into game flow. Maybe you tell one or both of your DE's to peel back and go. I'd like the option to tell one or both. That way if I blitz with one of my backers on the other side the players will not run into each other. However at the same time it would be great if the players understood each others movement. If I have an OLB blitzing and the DE on that side running outside on the arc, it would be good for the OLB to know hey, let the DE go first and I'll run underneath - they do an X stunt on the Tackle.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

Hey LBzrule,
Could you repost your BnR thread out here so people can see how the WRs should be releasing to beat the bump?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »