Home

Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

This is a discussion on Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

I never understood this concept. (Nor have I ever actually believed it)

If I wanted to show someone I can dunk a basketball I wouldnt roll out a Fischer Price Rim and start jamming on it and gloat how great I am at it.

You really cant "show off" something in a mode that is designed to allow you to succeed at all cost. Not even the most casual of fans really play the game on rookie so why even design for feature to excel at that level? You have to go against competent defenders to show off how good the offensive controls are.

I can throw all types of analogies out that apply. If you wanted to show how agile reggie bush is you wouldnt put him against high schoolers?

What really grinds my gears is in most of the madden 11 video clips there is something grossly wrong happening, guys spinning in circles instead of blocking, players still sliding off each other instead of tackling. So is that going to get better or worse on all madden/all pro?

But what exactly is the benefit of showing the game on rookie mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

So people don't see how ridiculously unrealistic All-Madden plays
Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Would be funny to see a realistic play and then see the long list of slider/rating changes and how it only worked with two specific teams before the 3rd quarter with the score tied.

And have EA say, look at how we realistically captured the game of NFL football.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

It's easier & faster to take a video of a big play that'll attract mainstream audience when you have the game on rookie.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

The Fischer Price thing had me LOLing. So true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
It's easier & faster to take a video of a big play that'll attract mainstream audience when you have the game on rookie.
^^ this
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
I never understood this concept. (Nor have I ever actually believed it)

If I wanted to show someone I can dunk a basketball I wouldnt roll out a Fischer Price Rim and start jamming on it and gloat how great I am at it.

You really cant "show off" something in a mode that is designed to allow you to succeed at all cost. Not even the most casual of fans really play the game on rookie so why even design for feature to excel at that level? You have to go against competent defenders to show off how good the offensive controls are.

I can throw all types of analogies out that apply. If you wanted to show how agile reggie bush is you wouldnt put him against high schoolers?

What really grinds my gears is in most of the madden 11 video clips there is something grossly wrong happening, guys spinning in circles instead of blocking, players still sliding off each other instead of tackling. So is that going to get better or worse on all madden/all pro?

But what exactly is the benefit of showing the game on rookie mode?
The thought is highlight plays attract the consumer, but at this point it is only showing all the flaws.

Plus with this engine they have no choice but to show the clips on rookie. Anything else would truly show the mess Madden is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
So people don't see how ridiculously unrealistic All-Madden plays
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Also what these 2 fellow members posted.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

they should be able to tape an all madden cpu v cpu game & edit the highlights from that. of course, the game is far from a perfect sim so it may not be that simple...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »