Home

Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

This is a discussion on Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
No he is not kidding, Legend is completely on the other side of these things. He seems to love/doesnt mind pretty much everything about the new game.
He defines optimism. I can almost guarantee he enjoys the game more than anyone else on this message board does. Sometimes I wish I looked at things from his point of view then I would never have anything to complain about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal
They claim it's on rookie so they can cover up the game's flaws when someone points something out.

"Hey, why did the linebacker not drop back into coverage on that play? He was supposed to be playing deep zone!"

"It's on rookie lol." or "It's an early build guys."

"Hey, why did the corner let the wide receiver break free on the slant without even following him? I thought it was man coverage?"

"It's on rookie lol." or ""It's an early build guys."

You are so right

I have yet to see a Madden game that looked different when it is released to the videos shown 3 months earlier. Never, but you have those that no matter what continue to use that same excuse over and over.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm going to pretend it isn't and raise you a "what are you talking about?"

Seriously, that is some of the biggest load of rubbish I have read around here lately. The game quite simply does NOT play the same on Rookie as it does on All Madden. The blocking isn't the same, the defenders are proactive on All Madden rather than reactive on Rookie, I'm pretty sure the CPU players are slower, weaker and dumber on Rookie also.

You are correct on one thing, the graphics are the same. It's the "and so on" I have an issue with.
Totally agree...the game plays so horribly on All-Madden. Basically winning on All-Madden boils down to whether or not you know how to roast the glitches in the AI...not whether or not you have real football knowledge.

You see a weak coverage on a good receiver?...dont throw it there, it will be intercepted in some ridiculous fashion, regardless of the CB's cover/hands/man coverage ratings. Even if its Randy Moss vs. the worst CB ever....
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Because you can't show how accurate the new blocking logic is if the defense is blowing the play up or blocks are being missed and so forth. If you played HS or College ball, think of it as a walk through. They're trying to show you that the blocking assignments are correct now.

They could do it on All Pro, I'm sure, but it would require a lot more takes to get that perfect illustration of the assignment AI. Hell, they might have even jacked down the Run Defense reaction time slider just to make sure they got what they needed. The guys who make these blogs are developers, not marketers. They have better things to do than spend an afternoon in practice mode just trying to get a video where everything is as clear and spelled out as it was when they can do the same thing on Rookie in 2 or 3 takes.

Additionally, they are probably not happy with some aspects of the game right now at higher levels and don't want to let it be seen until it's reasonably presentable. I think (pure speculation, nobody's told me anything) that the reason we haven't seen pro-tak is that it's being played with right now and they're not happy with how it looks so they don't want to show it off yet.

I don't understand why this is so unreasonable.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

They should release nothing but hype footage. That in my opinion, would be a far superior marketing strategy.

Only have blogs and hype trailers. Because what's happening now isn't working. (It is, but too many people are complaining and bringing down community morale.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
They should release nothing but hype footage. That in my opinion, would be a far superior marketing strategy.

Only have blogs and hype trailers. Because what's happening now isn't working. (It is, but too many people are complaining and bringing down community morale.
Complaining about the gameplay not accurately representing football? Wow, out of all things to complain about!! (Sarcasm)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Complaining about the gameplay not accurately representing football? Wow, out of all things to complain about!! (Sarcasm)

Yes. It brings down message board morale. They shouldn't need to release anything but hype trailer footage.

Maybe take the route Backbreaker did and show limited footage until after release. There's minimal compaining about backbreaker's representation of football because there really isn't much footage to break down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Yes. It brings down message board morale. They shouldn't need to release anything but hype trailer footage.

Maybe take the route Backbreaker did and show limited footage until after release. There's minimal compaining about backbreaker's representation of football because there really isn't much footage to break down.
And maybe because Backbreaker is a more accurate display of football being expressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »