Home

Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

This is a discussion on Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Their marketing team are not the ones responsible for creating as close as is possible to a monopoly on the football gaming market which is why they sell so many games.
Lol
Old 05-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
But again, how does this ploy work?

The only ones seeing this videos are the hardcore gamers that will instantly see the flaws. Not the casually gamer that will be dazzled by the odd 5 spin moves and 9 jukes that happen.

I guess it will point to the fact that Madden consumers dont care what the game looks like as look as they give them updates. Personally I am on the opposite side, I would prefer a 1 quality video that shows everything working then 15 videos over 5 months in which half show the game to be completely broken or unchanged in anyway.
Most casual players play online anyway. We all know how 85% of the online community is. They care less about glitches and bugs and faults, the only thing that matters to them is that W-L record so if a glitch can help them up the Win column, they'll gladly be happy with it.

EA caters to the online community and I wish someone could tell me why. Iv'e never went online once in any Madden, unless it was to download roster updates.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the thing is though EA isn't the only company that does this. So blaming EA is a moot point .
Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

They claim it's on rookie so they can cover up the game's flaws when someone points something out.

"Hey, why did the linebacker not drop back into coverage on that play? He was supposed to be playing deep zone!"

"It's on rookie lol." or "It's an early build guys."

"Hey, why did the corner let the wide receiver break free on the slant without even following him? I thought it was man coverage?"

"It's on rookie lol." or ""It's an early build guys."

Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #21
Rookie

SportsCenter23's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Most casual players play online anyway. We all know how 85% of the online community is. They care less about glitches and bugs and faults, the only thing that matters to them is that W-L record so if a glitch can help them up the Win column, they'll gladly be happy with it.

EA caters to the online community and I wish someone could tell me why. Iv'e never went online once in any Madden, unless it was to download roster updates.

Same.
NCAA: Washington Huskies
RIP: Seattle Sonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

So it is played on rookie. Big deal. No matter wheather it is on rookie are all madden. It still plays the same. The only difference is on rookie you can beat the AI to a bloody pulp. While on all madden the AI stomps you into the ground. No difference. Graphics are the same and so on. That's the way the marketing department works to sale to alot of people. It seems to work don't it. Can't really do nothing about it.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
So it is played on rookie. Big deal. No matter wheather it is on rookie are all madden. It still plays the same. The only difference is on rookie you can beat the AI to a bloody pulp. While on all madden the AI stomps you into the ground. No difference. Graphics are the same and so on. That's the way the marketing department works to sale to alot of people. It seems to work don't it. Can't really do nothing about it.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm going to pretend it isn't and raise you a "what are you talking about?"

Seriously, that is some of the biggest load of rubbish I have read around here lately. The game quite simply does NOT play the same on Rookie as it does on All Madden. The blocking isn't the same, the defenders are proactive on All Madden rather than reactive on Rookie, I'm pretty sure the CPU players are slower, weaker and dumber on Rookie also.

You are correct on one thing, the graphics are the same. It's the "and so on" I have an issue with.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm going to pretend it isn't and raise you a "what are you talking about?"

Seriously, that is some of the biggest load of rubbish I have read around here lately. The game quite simply does NOT play the same on Rookie as it does on All Madden. The blocking isn't the same, the defenders are proactive on All Madden rather than reactive on Rookie, I'm pretty sure the CPU players are slower, weaker and dumber on Rookie also.

You are correct on one thing, the graphics are the same. It's the "and so on" I have an issue with.

No he is not kidding, Legend is completely on the other side of these things. He seems to love/doesnt mind pretty much everything about the new game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »