Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Defensive Ends and OLB's

One thing that EA Tiburon MUST address on defense before Madden 11 is released is the DE's and OLB's running the arc on the pass rush. Please!!! Do not release this game without addressing this issue.

Discuss.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-26-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

Absolutely, positively, YES! Please Ian get this in the game this year. This game sounds to be really shaping into something special but this is absolutely needed.

It would infinitely help out the run and chuck as well. If the DE's and OLB's actually got UP the field it would atleast make the QB step up in the pocket to escape to the left and right in most instances.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-26-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Didn't watch the vid...but hopefully you passed this along to the applicable parties and not just us brudda .
Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Didn't watch the vid...but hopefully you passed this along to the applicable parties and not just us brudda .
Ohhh I did. But somebody told me that it would be good to post it to get discussion so that the applicable parties would realize it is a huge issue.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

This is a definate need to be able to form a complete pass rush/complete pocket this needs to be installed...correct A.I. or correct playarts...whatever you need to do...DO IT!!!we need this badly...and when you do add this make sure the DE's run the arc like LBzrule showed...don't make the DE's bend back in early...let them run a full semi-circle before they engage with the OT's...and for the DT's make sure they're pushing the pocket in towards the QB's...non of that ballerina stuff plz...and what I mean by ballerina is the PMV (power moves) and FMV (finesse moves) right now they don't do much for DT's...but if you combine STR (strength) and PMV you could have a situation where the DT's just push the pocket...i don't wanna see any spinning and such from the DT's...just leave that up to the DE's...DT's make them push the OL back in the pocket...if I can I'll post a video showing what I'm talking about

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 04-26-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I mentioned that in another thread that all of the DL/OL interactions are programmed as if they are all interior linemen.

EDIT: Actually, LBZ, your fix would kinda work if they simply programmed them to contact further up the field. Good work!

Last edited by sois; 04-26-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

LBzrule

Man, you are always on point with this stuff!!!

Great post and illustration, this would be a huge improvement by itself in the game as it would change the dynamics (in a great way) of the passing game, screens, draws, delay runs, counters, this would make the game much more realistic in so many areas all by itself. I dig what you are laying down and I can only hope that EA finally hears this.

Hope thay also catch your posts about WR/DB interaction on BnR!!!

Props!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 21

They should at the very least add a defensive line call to the exisiting line calls that tells the dline to have the DE's rush up field like LB has demonstrated and have the DT's push the pocket.

The balance for this call would be off tackle/ B gap runs would be more effective when this line call is made and also draw plays.

Good Stuff LB.

Still hate playing and losing to you though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »