Home

Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential)

This is a discussion on Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden1agenda
Here is My take on the rookies in Madden their ratings and potential.

1.Cam Newton QB (Panthers) Ovr 76 potential 94 he has the boom or bust factor to me.
2.Von Miller OLB (Broncos) Ovr 81 potential 96 he is the second coming of derrick thomas in my eye.
3. Marcel Dareus DE (Bills) Ovr 80 potential 90 he full potential will not be met because he is in the wrong scheme but he to good not to be a good player.
4. AJ Green WR (Bengals) Ovr 81 potential 96 he is a mix to me of randy moss and jerry rice. He has the body of moss and but palys more like jerry.
5. Patrick Peterson (Cardinals) Ovr 82 potential 99 Rod Woodson all over again.
6. Julio Jones WR (Falcons) Ovr 77 potential 91 Will be ran faster time in the 40 than he plays. Physical Freak though.
7. Aldon Smith OLB (49ers) Ovr 76 potential 92 he needs to put on weight to be able to get of blocks against the run. He is a the best pass rusher in the draft though.
8. Jake Locker QB (Titans) Ovr 75 potential 95 he is alot similar to Jay Cutler in My Eye with a little decreased arm but more athletic.
9. Tyron Smith RT (Cowboys) Ovr 78 potential 94 he is goin to be a decent player no matter what I hate the Cowboys but they draft good.
10. Blaine Gabbert QB (Jaguars) Ovr 78 potential 91 he will be a average QB enough said.
11. JJ Watt DE (Texans) Ovr 76 potential 93 he will be a good a playmaking 5 technique in my eyes.
12. Christian Ponder QB (Vikings) Ovr 71 potential 86 reminds me of Matt Hasselback.
13. Nick Fairley DT (Lions) Ovr 79 potential 90 great pass rusher average run stopper.
14. Robert Quinn DE (Rams) Ovr 78 potential 94
15. Mike Pouncey C (Dolphins) Ovr 76 potential 89 not as good as his brother but will be a decent center.
16. Ryan Kerrigan OLB (Redskins) Ovr 77 potential 92 he is a great pass rusher Redskins never draft first round bust unless its a QB he will be great on the other side of Orakpo.

thanks for participating =) you give alot of high potential out, some of the points u made are similar to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden1agenda
Here is My take on the rookies in Madden their ratings and potential.

1.Cam Newton QB (Panthers) Ovr 76 potential 94 he has the boom or bust factor to me.
2.Von Miller OLB (Broncos) Ovr 81 potential 96 he is the second coming of derrick thomas in my eye.
3. Marcel Dareus DE (Bills) Ovr 80 potential 90 he full potential will not be met because he is in the wrong scheme but he to good not to be a good player.
4. AJ Green WR (Bengals) Ovr 81 potential 96 he is a mix to me of randy moss and jerry rice. He has the body of moss and but palys more like jerry.
5. Patrick Peterson (Cardinals) Ovr 82 potential 99 Rod Woodson all over again.
6. Julio Jones WR (Falcons) Ovr 77 potential 91 Will be ran faster time in the 40 than he plays. Physical Freak though.
7. Aldon Smith OLB (49ers) Ovr 76 potential 92 he needs to put on weight to be able to get of blocks against the run. He is a the best pass rusher in the draft though.
8. Jake Locker QB (Titans) Ovr 75 potential 95 he is alot similar to Jay Cutler in My Eye with a little decreased arm but more athletic.
9. Tyron Smith RT (Cowboys) Ovr 78 potential 94 he is goin to be a decent player no matter what I hate the Cowboys but they draft good.
10. Blaine Gabbert QB (Jaguars) Ovr 78 potential 91 he will be a average QB enough said.
11. JJ Watt DE (Texans) Ovr 76 potential 93 he will be a good a playmaking 5 technique in my eyes.
12. Christian Ponder QB (Vikings) Ovr 71 potential 86 reminds me of Matt Hasselback.
13. Nick Fairley DT (Lions) Ovr 79 potential 90 great pass rusher average run stopper.
14. Robert Quinn DE (Rams) Ovr 78 potential 94
15. Mike Pouncey C (Dolphins) Ovr 76 potential 89 not as good as his brother but will be a decent center.
16. Ryan Kerrigan OLB (Redskins) Ovr 77 potential 92 he is a great pass rusher Redskins never draft first round bust unless its a QB he will be great on the other side of Orakpo.
You may want to go back and do a little more research... Bama has played a 3-4 defense ever since Nick Saban joined. Therefore, Marcell Dareus has ALWAYS played in a 3-4. In case you didn't know (and I don't blame you because very few people watch the Bills) but they started a 3-4 defense last season. They also ran some 4-3 but they will for now on stay predominately in a 3-4. Therefore, Marcell fits perfectly in our scheme as a DE (which was his ideal college position). He even said himself that the lockout will barely hurt his ability to transition to the NFL because Bama's defense and Buffalo's is very similar. So rate him with full potential because he fits just fine in Western NY
Old 05-27-2011, 01:22 AM   #43
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
So as we all are eagerly awaiting the 2011 rookie ratings i thought it would be fun if we all do our best Donny impression and rate the incoming rookies. I will take the first crack on it, i am a bit of a ratings stretcher (traditionally i feel madden has rated to much based on draft position) so here are my takes on it.

The first number will be current rating, the 2nd potential. I will provide description for some players.

1- Cam Newton 74,91

I am not a fan of Cam as a number 1 pick, i feel like he will be thrust into the spotlight year one when he really needs a few years to sit and adjust, potential is there but it also was with Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell.

2- Von Miller 78, 93

Miller is ready to make an impact as a nfl rookie he brings incredible pass rushing ability to the table. However he may be more suited to a 3-4, it is yet to be seen if the broncos made the right move.

3- Marcell Dareus 78, 88

Very safe and solid pick, expect him to disrupt in the middle for years to come, id say he will be a consistently good player but never a true elite at his position. Also an nfl ready prospect.

4-Aj Green, 81, 95

Widely considered one of the best 3 prospects of the draft green will come in and make an immediate impact he has the potential to be a perennial all pro.

5- Patrick Peterson 82, 99

The best player to come out in this draft, will be the next shutdown corner in the nfl in 5 years people wil be talking about revis and peterson as the nfl's 2 premiere corners.

6- Julio Jones 77, 87

Clocks faster then he plays, will not be the playmaker that the falcons are expecting him to be however will turn into a great possesion receiver and redzone threat (for some reason he reminds me a lil of Keyshawn Johnson).

7- Aldon Smith 75, 85

8- Jake Locker 72, 94

To me Locker has the most potential of the quarterback class of 2011, i feel he has been over analyzed and it is hard to throw behind a crap o-line while running for your life. This guy wills a team to win, he might be a little raw and will probably always be a high risk reward qb but so was brett.

9- Tyron Smith 76,84

Week class for round 1 lineman, will be solid but no jake long.

10- Blaine Gabbert 78, 85

To me he is an intangible guy, i think he will be more of a game manager then franchise guy, i do believe that he is more NFL ready then cam, or locker tho.

11- jj Watt 76, 86

I do not like what the texans are doing on defense at all, i will leave it at that.

12- Christian Ponder 78, 82

NFL ready with a low ceiling, i do not think he will get much better then he already is. Chad pennington type quarterback not some one who u take at 12.

13- Nick Fairley 79, 92

Gona bring the heat with SUH, the lions have a great young d line in the making.

14- Robert Quin 76, 88

If their is one thing spags can do, its develop DE's im confident the guy he picks will be a good player.

15- Mike Pouncey 78,91

NFL ready, good genetics will be a good player for a long time.

16- Ryan Kerrgian 74, 82

Not a fan of the player or pick, maybe shanny see's something i do not?

17- Nate Solder 75, 85

Another just solid tackle in the nfl

18- Corey Liuget 77, 86

19-Prince amukamara 78, 87

I can understand why he fell to the spot he did, i see him being a good corner but never elite. (im a gman fan for life btw)

20- Adrian Clayborn 76 88

Good pick for a team on the rise.

21- Phil Taylor 78, 86

A big clogger, his real life skills will not translate to madden.

22- Anthony Castonzo 75, 83

23- Danny Watkins 75, 79

Do not understand this pick at all, age leads to a low ceiling

24- Cameron Jordan 76, 87

25- Jamer Carpented 70, 82

Terrible reach.

26- Jonathan Baldwin 74, 88

27- Jimmy Smith 74, 90

I like this kids skills and potential we will see if he can keep his head in it.

28- Mark Ingram 79, 87

I think he will be a good not great running back in the nfl will be constent but not a gamebreaker.

29- Gabe Carimi 74, 83

30- muhammed wilkerson 76, 83

31- Cam Heyward, 75, 84

32- Derrek Sherod 73, 87

The pack knows how to draft and develop player he wil turn into a very solid player.

** Other Notable**

Andy Dalton 76, 83 (low ceiling)

Colin Kaepernick 70, 87 (He has potential do i think he will realize it in san fran?? NO..but with good coaching and time on the bench i think he could be a good player.)

Ryan Mallet 66, 90 (When he does get a chance in 4 years he will be a belicheck polished qb with a rocket arm. He would fail in alot of places if he went in round 1 like many projected but he will sit and learn from some of the best coaches and players.
Tyron Smith 84 potential!? I don't agree with that, but I would expect nothing else from a NYG fan. I see your CB Amukamara has an 87 potential despite the fact that he was taken 10 picks later. Oh and who passed on him that was projected all along to take him and NEEDED help at CB? Oh ya the Cowboys. They saw something they didn't like. I feel like Smith is the next Orlando Pace, Jake Long, Willie Roaf etc. He's 20 years old! Heck he won't even be 21 till the season is almost over in December. How could you not give a young guy like that a higher ceiling than Solder(13 picks later, 23 years old) or Amukamara(10 picks later, 22 years old)? Doesn't make sense... Oh but I am ABSOLUTELY A HOMER ha lol.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
Tyron Smith 84 potential!? I don't agree with that, but I would expect nothing else from a NYG fan. I see your CB Amukamara has an 87 potential despite the fact that he was taken 10 picks later. Oh and who passed on him that was projected all along to take him and NEEDED help at CB? Oh ya the Cowboys. They saw something they didn't like. I feel like Smith is the next Orlando Pace, Jake Long, Willie Roaf etc. He's 20 years old! Heck he won't even be 21 till the season is almost over in December. How could you not give a young guy like that a higher ceiling than Solder(13 picks later, 23 years old) or Amukamara(10 picks later, 22 years old)? Doesn't make sense... Oh but I am ABSOLUTELY A HOMER ha lol.
you call me a homer..but think your pick will be the next orlando pace??? So tyron smith will be one of the best lineman to ever play the game? So answer me this, why was this draft considered to be weak on high 1st round o-line men. No 1 in this draft was considered as good as say brick, thomas or long. And draft position does not determine potential or rating, so you are saying cam newton should have the highest ratings because he was drafted first overal? Or that christian ponder should have a higher rating then all players taken after him?

It is also kinda ******** to argue against me showing homerism with prince, an 87 is a solid player in madden, not a superstar i also rated him as the 3rd best prospect at his position. I rated Jimmy Smith who was drafted later higher...ohhh and i hated that the giants picked prince he was not a glaring need, i woulda preferred we grab a rb in round 1.

Your arguments are not logical and if you do not like my ratings feel free to make your own. Remember this thread was about projecting what we think people should or will be rated, not a thread to critique my ratings.

Last edited by damien6663; 05-27-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
Watkins at 78!!! are you serious? do you know he just started playing football 3 years ago? and you have him at a 78. Watkins is a 65. Just because you are 28 does not mean you will not go through rookie struggles. Especially if you only have 3 years of football experience. You must really be an eagle's homer. I love Watkins as person. He served our country and is a stand up guy but as a football player he was nothing more than a 3rd rounder only because of his potential.
Watkins is supposed to start for the eagles right away. he should start out with one of the higher ratings, but one of the lower potentials.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #46
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
you call me a homer..but think your pick will be the next orlando pace??? So tyron smith will be one of the best lineman to ever play the game? So answer me this, why was this draft considered to be weak on high 1st round o-line men. No 1 in this draft was considered as good as say brick, thomas or long. And draft position does not determine potential or rating, so you are saying cam newton should have the highest ratings because he was drafted first overal? Or that christian ponder should have a higher rating then all players taken after him?

It is also kinda ******** to argue against me showing homerism with prince, an 87 is a solid player in madden, not a superstar i also rated him as the 3rd best prospect at his position. I rated Jimmy Smith who was drafted later higher...ohhh and i hated that the giants picked prince he was not a glaring need, i woulda preferred we grab a rb in round 1.

Your arguments are not logical and if you do not like my ratings feel free to make your own. Remember this thread was about projecting what we think people should or will be rated, not a thread to critique my ratings.
My arguments are logical. And I didn't necessarily mean draft order reflects potential, in fact it usually reflects a combonation of NFL readiness(ready to contribute) AND potential. Also I did acknowledge myslef definitely being a homer, read the quote. I didn't attack you for being a homer, I attacked you for being a Giants fan, lol. Don't take it so personel. Just fun between rivals. A week O-line draft sure, but the Colts still took their "left tackle of the future" at 22 and the Cowboys got the best one on the board. If all these crappy teams weren't so QB hungry he might've gone much earlier. Ok maybe I'll take Jake Long(anyday!), Pace might of been a reach... kinda, lol. In addition I never said anything about the actual ratings, but rather their potential. The Ovr of Solder, Amukamara and Smith look good to me but the potential is what killed me. I'll admit NFL scouts fall in love with youth and always give them what they believe should be a HIGH ceiling. So I think Solder being that close to Smith in potential isn't fair. Smith is willing to work hard, very hard to be the best. He's confident as hell, he said he's going to be a pro bowler and he is aiming to be a hall of famer. Take it for what it's worth but the kid says he is absolutely willing to work harder than everybody else in the league. Maybe it's just talk but with the type of head coach the Cowboys have now and this kids attitude, not to mention his age and unparalleled athleticism. That's potential. I agree with the your call on the G-men's pick. A RB would've been great. Also I never felt the need to curse at you so like I said it's all in good fun man, relax. Also I WAS projecting, and to me that includes the right to critique you ratings, potential ratings in this case. Having said that, I feel like Smith's potential should fal around 90-93, hopefully higher but I'll stick with that for now. I don't even mind the 87 for Prince so much as I mind Smith being 4pts lower in potential. If Smith would've fallen to the Giants, which would've never happened... The Texans, Lions, Vikes or Rams would've grabbed him. But IF he did fall to the Giants they gladly would've taken him over Prince BECAUSE of his upside. They would've put Smith at RT to replace McKenzie I believe and get ready to move him to LT to replace Diehl in a couple of years. And you would've been thrilled and your potential rating for him would've reflected it... Because you're a homer, just like me! ha lol. How Bout' Them Cowboys!
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

Last edited by bigdfan76; 05-28-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #47
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

just because Watkins is suppose to start does not mean his ratings should be high? He comes from Baylor, has 3 years experience, is 28, is still learning his position and is running a completely different scheme in Philly than he knew at Baylor. And there is this thing called the Lockout which kills his potential. And starting for the Eagles O-line is not saying much, they were one of the worst last year.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #48
Banned

I can barely rate any of these guys, as I need to actually see many games of their's to judge them. I can judge Ryan Kerrigan, as I have season tickets at Purdue. Ryan Kerrigan is always a threat to blow by the blockers on any play, and note, Ryan Kerrigan is the best strip-sacker in the history of the Big Ten. The records say so, and just by watching you can tell. I can not believe a 72 was it for Ryan Kerrigan? I mean, we can't judge all of these guys as we have to watch nearly all of these games to base these correctly. I don't think we watch that many football games.

Ryan Kerrigan is an 80 min. Potential probably in the 90s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »