Home

Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential)

This is a discussion on Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential)

I'll just stick with Marcell Dareus since I know him best. I say he should start with an 80 overall (Definately pro ready, one of the most pro ready players in the draft) and I'll put his potential at a 92 for now (I believe he has a chance of just reaching that "elite" level in the 90's overall range).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
I'll just stick with Marcell Dareus since I know him best. I say he should start with an 80 overall (Definately pro ready, one of the most pro ready players in the draft) and I'll put his potential at a 92 for now (I believe he has a chance of just reaching that "elite" level in the 90's overall range).

yeah i probably could have been more generous with the potential, definately a pro ready player.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
yeah i probably could have been more generous with the potential, definately a pro ready player.
Yeah it's all good though. When I try and come up with a potential I try to think about what a player could do with his talents in a best case scenario. So for now, in Buffalo, he is kind of in a tough situation considering we don't have a very talented team (although I'm hopeful for these next 2 seasons to see if we improve) but what keeps his potential just in that elite level is playing next to Kyle Williams. I won't go into detail but Kyle was one of the best DT's last season recording the most QB pressures of any DT (can't remember what stat website I found that but I'm not making it up haha) so he will demand attention. If not, then Marcell will and Kyle will perform again. But with teams more likely to double Kyle now that leaves more space for Marcell to do what he does best, "F" up the offense's day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

Alot of Ifs but to go along with your idea. I am going to compare the skills sets of the Rookies to past NFL players. Lets begin.

1- Cam Newton= Donovan McNabb

Similar size. Mcnabb was a runner early. it is what will keep Cam Alive.

2- Von Miller= Demarcus Ware

Hybrid player just like Ware.

3- Marcell Dareus= Jon Randall

Destined for great run blocking success. Good player

4-Aj Green= Randy Moss

Very similar on paper and skill set. has that potential

5- Patrick Peterson= Nnamdi Asomoaugh (sp?)

Great in man to man coverage. will take 4-5 years to be on elite level. he really struggles in zone coverage.

6- Julio Jones = Terrell Owens

will struggle with drops. Not the diva Owens is but as far as skills, very similar.

7- Aldon Smith= Marcus Spears

i just dont see him as a premier player or even an everydown. Struggles with injuries and alot more.

8- Jake Locker= Tony Romo

Alot faster than Romo but passing level and mistake risk is similar. I like Locker as a better Romo. Cant throw brett farve out there yet. kid has a while to go.

9- Tyron Smith= Levi Brown

more athletic but just as much risk. He is not the solution LT ppl say. There is a reason he played RT at USC. Matt Kahlil is alot better.

10- Blaine Gabbert= Chad Henne

This pains me cause i want to like Gabbert but he has proved nothing. He has never been dominate beyond belief in HS or College. He never touched Chase Daniel production and Chase is a back up in NO

11- jj Watt = Igor Ohofensky (sp)

he is a an average DE in the NFL. Enough to fill in for a season or two but if a more athletic guy comes along he will be replaced.

12- Christian Ponder= Jordan Palmer

He could never stay healthy at FSU. He struggled with acc, pressure and decisions. He was not even the best QB at FSU. Manuel is better. He is nothing more than a career 3rd stringer. This left my breathless and is the reason the Vikings will be the doormat of the NFC North the next 4 years.

13- Nick Fairley= Warren Sapp

Yes he is that good. Not a run stopper but neither was Sapp. He will sacrifice to get sacks and yes that could hurt them but he will get alot of mismatches because id rather stop Suh than Fairley.

14- Robert Quinn= Kentwan Balmer

Average NFL Stater enough said.

15- Mike Pouncey= Tyson Clabo.

Decent Guard who can play 10 years. If he is put at center. he is the equivilent to the bench. because that is where he will stay. Look at the USF game to see his bad snapping.

16- Ryan Kerrgian= Jared Allen

Hard worker, good motor, sound familar? that is his potential. He can reach that with good coaching. Underrated because he was at Purdue. Double teamed alot.

17- Nate Solder= Marc Columbo

Too Raw, no colorado stud. Has the frame but not the skill set. Could be great but for now. Average.

18- Corey Liuget= Vaughn Martin

This has bust all over it. I never liked this pick or Liuget as an NFL player. I root for players like this to prove me wrong but they dont 99% of the time.

19-Prince amukamara= Johnathon Joseph

Has the cover skills but in run stopping or making the TD tackle, he wont make it. In a zone heavy scheme could do very well.

20- Adrian Clayborn= Ray Edwards

Love this pick. Clayborn would of been a top 10 pick last year and has alot to prove plus teams have to put their RT on him. Could be a risky move. Also good in the run game.

21- Phil Taylor= Albert Hansworth (Now)

Dumb pick. No stats. No production. Just a fat man. will not produce. is as worthful as Hansworth in the offseason. Maybe he should slap a waitress's *** so we know who he is.

22- Anthony Castonzo= David Stewart

Solid player, nothing over the top.

23- Danny Watkins =Andre Smith (skills) not belly fat.

I could rip but he is a war vet so god bless. His nfl career is 9 years max and he has alot to learn. could crack a starting line up but iffy

24- Cameron Jordan= Terell Suggs.

Call me crazy but he could be the biggest surprise. athletic freak who was injured in college. Great player potential

25- Jamer Carpented= J'marcus Webb
Do not hate this pick. He can be really solid.

26- Jonathan Baldwin= Calvin Johnson

Very similar. had 3 different QBs. showed off great hands. not as fast as megatron but will get alot of throws aside from Bowe. Could be the biggest steal.

27- Jimmy Smith= Antonio Cromartie

Great cover skills. Gonna have diva moments but ray lewis will slap him around a little bit and he will be all good. Great player. (i hate the ravens btw)

28- Mark Ingram= Marshawn Lynch

No gamebreaker in speed but runs hard. He is everything Lynch should be. runs inside of tackles and is a career 4.0 ypc guy

29- Gabe Carimi= Average Guard.

Do not feel like looking someone up. Good not great.

30- muhammed wilkerson= Haloti Ngata

single handedly kept his teams in games against stronger teams. in a jets defense that he pretty much knows already is scary.

31- Cam Heyward= Calvin Pace

Takes plays off but when he is on. he is great.

32- Derrek Sherod= Zane Beadles

Who? just your typical 14 game lineman no one knows. That is Sherods career. if we hear of him it is cause he is doing something wrong.

Feel free to comment
Old 05-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
Alot of Ifs but to go along with your idea. I am going to compare the skills sets of the Rookies to past NFL players. Lets begin.

1- Cam Newton= Donovan McNabb

Similar size. Mcnabb was a runner early. it is what will keep Cam Alive.

2- Von Miller= Demarcus Ware

Hybrid player just like Ware.

3- Marcell Dareus= Jon Randall

Destined for great run blocking success. Good player

4-Aj Green= Randy Moss

Very similar on paper and skill set. has that potential

5- Patrick Peterson= Nnamdi Asomoaugh (sp?)

Great in man to man coverage. will take 4-5 years to be on elite level. he really struggles in zone coverage.

6- Julio Jones = Terrell Owens

will struggle with drops. Not the diva Owens is but as far as skills, very similar.

7- Aldon Smith= Marcus Spears

i just dont see him as a premier player or even an everydown. Struggles with injuries and alot more.

8- Jake Locker= Tony Romo

Alot faster than Romo but passing level and mistake risk is similar. I like Locker as a better Romo. Cant throw brett farve out there yet. kid has a while to go.

9- Tyron Smith= Levi Brown

more athletic but just as much risk. He is not the solution LT ppl say. There is a reason he played RT at USC. Matt Kahlil is alot better.

10- Blaine Gabbert= Chad Henne

This pains me cause i want to like Gabbert but he has proved nothing. He has never been dominate beyond belief in HS or College. He never touched Chase Daniel production and Chase is a back up in NO

11- jj Watt = Igor Ohofensky (sp)

he is a an average DE in the NFL. Enough to fill in for a season or two but if a more athletic guy comes along he will be replaced.

12- Christian Ponder= Jordan Palmer

He could never stay healthy at FSU. He struggled with acc, pressure and decisions. He was not even the best QB at FSU. Manuel is better. He is nothing more than a career 3rd stringer. This left my breathless and is the reason the Vikings will be the doormat of the NFC North the next 4 years.

13- Nick Fairley= Warren Sapp

Yes he is that good. Not a run stopper but neither was Sapp. He will sacrifice to get sacks and yes that could hurt them but he will get alot of mismatches because id rather stop Suh than Fairley.

14- Robert Quinn= Kentwan Balmer

Average NFL Stater enough said.

15- Mike Pouncey= Tyson Clabo.

Decent Guard who can play 10 years. If he is put at center. he is the equivilent to the bench. because that is where he will stay. Look at the USF game to see his bad snapping.

16- Ryan Kerrgian= Jared Allen

Hard worker, good motor, sound familar? that is his potential. He can reach that with good coaching. Underrated because he was at Purdue. Double teamed alot.

17- Nate Solder= Marc Columbo

Too Raw, no colorado stud. Has the frame but not the skill set. Could be great but for now. Average.

18- Corey Liuget= Vaughn Martin

This has bust all over it. I never liked this pick or Liuget as an NFL player. I root for players like this to prove me wrong but they dont 99% of the time.

19-Prince amukamara= Johnathon Joseph

Has the cover skills but in run stopping or making the TD tackle, he wont make it. In a zone heavy scheme could do very well.

20- Adrian Clayborn= Ray Edwards

Love this pick. Clayborn would of been a top 10 pick last year and has alot to prove plus teams have to put their RT on him. Could be a risky move. Also good in the run game.

21- Phil Taylor= Albert Hansworth (Now)

Dumb pick. No stats. No production. Just a fat man. will not produce. is as worthful as Hansworth in the offseason. Maybe he should slap a waitress's *** so we know who he is.

22- Anthony Castonzo= David Stewart

Solid player, nothing over the top.

23- Danny Watkins =Andre Smith (skills) not belly fat.

I could rip but he is a war vet so god bless. His nfl career is 9 years max and he has alot to learn. could crack a starting line up but iffy

24- Cameron Jordan= Terell Suggs.

Call me crazy but he could be the biggest surprise. athletic freak who was injured in college. Great player potential

25- Jamer Carpented= J'marcus Webb
Do not hate this pick. He can be really solid.

26- Jonathan Baldwin= Calvin Johnson

Very similar. had 3 different QBs. showed off great hands. not as fast as megatron but will get alot of throws aside from Bowe. Could be the biggest steal.

27- Jimmy Smith= Antonio Cromartie

Great cover skills. Gonna have diva moments but ray lewis will slap him around a little bit and he will be all good. Great player. (i hate the ravens btw)

28- Mark Ingram= Marshawn Lynch

No gamebreaker in speed but runs hard. He is everything Lynch should be. runs inside of tackles and is a career 4.0 ypc guy

29- Gabe Carimi= Average Guard.

Do not feel like looking someone up. Good not great.

30- muhammed wilkerson= Haloti Ngata

single handedly kept his teams in games against stronger teams. in a jets defense that he pretty much knows already is scary.

31- Cam Heyward= Calvin Pace

Takes plays off but when he is on. he is great.

32- Derrek Sherod= Zane Beadles

Who? just your typical 14 game lineman no one knows. That is Sherods career. if we hear of him it is cause he is doing something wrong.

Feel free to comment
It seems like there are a lot of guys you don't like. What are some players you like that weren't drafted in the first round? haha although there is a lot of tough criticism I commend you for sticking by your guns
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

honestly this was a very weak draft compared to past years. there were only about 10-15 players worthy of a 1st round pick. next year will be back to the norm but this year had alot of question marks. 2011 will not be looked on as a great draft class.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
honestly this was a very weak draft compared to past years. there were only about 10-15 players worthy of a 1st round pick. next year will be back to the norm but this year had alot of question marks. 2011 will not be looked on as a great draft class.
I can agree it was a weak class overall. I'm glad my team had a high enough pick to garner 1st round talent with their 1st round pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

2011 definately is not going to be the draft of the qb like espn was kinda hyping it...idk i think it will be pretty average at the end of the day. I feel like this draft just many players have question marks in 1 or more aspects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »