Home

Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

This is a discussion on Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #25
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

He's right its all about the arc of the ball. The EA Dev need to learn about the law of motion. Who throws a 40yrd pass on a rope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPiper
Yeah. Lots of others have said this. It's not that they jump too high, it's the ease that they use to jump high enough. However, the directional passing really makes a difference. If I have a reciever running a seam, and there's a LB in the passing lane and a safety over the top, leading him decently inward will make the LB incapable of making a play and the safety will only be able to go for the sure tackle. Also, I've honestly had a couple throws in the same situation where I don't lead them inward but I somehow hold the button down for the perfect amount of time so that I can throw a nice, low-arcing pass over the LB's head.

With that being said, it IS possible to throw any kind of pass (trajectory-wise), but the length that you hold down the button is WAY too sensitive, which can be a problem sometimes. But like Jarrod and a couple others said (including the OP), if you use the directional passing along with great timing, you can easily overcome super LBs. It's considerably more difficult to split the zones that the LBs are playing in Madden 12 than it is in 11 (which is good, because it shouldn't be as easy as it was last year), but the LBs for the most part play realistically, in my opinion.
Perfect breakdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Thanks for the props friend

No problem man.. This needed to be addressed. I get tired of seeing people blaming there bad passing game on different things when they should get in the lab and work on there directional passing with the left stick so they can get better at passing..
Old 08-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No problem man.. This needed to be addressed. I get tired of seeing people blaming there bad passing game on different things when they should get in the lab and work on there directional passing with the left stick so they can get better at passing..

That's all I do, and I still think Madden has the worst passing of any Football game I've ever played.

Precision Passing helps, but there are plenty of poor design choices that still need to be addressed with regards to passing and player movement.

When a Football game has passes that barely go 4ft off the ground, which never happens in real life, just because you didn't aim high, there is a serious issue with the design of said passing game.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That is exactly why I decided to write the thread. I read to many post stating this so called Super LB's and DB's.I just had to write. What is great is that many see and do what I mentioned.

Thanks Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
That's all I do, and I still think Madden has the worst passing of any Football game I've ever played.

Precision Passing helps, but there are plenty of poor design choices that still need to be addressed with regards to passing and player movement.

When a Football game has passes that barely go 4ft off the ground, which never happens in real life, just because you didn't aim high, there is a serious issue with the design of said passing game.
The 4ft high pass was very evident with NCAA 12. I recognized it on my very first pass play.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I just made a quick vid showing what ws possible on ps2 madden vs madden ps3 passing. Thought I would post it for your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglMY7IQj7o
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I just made a quick vid showing what ws possible on ps2 madden vs madden ps3 passing. Thought I would post it for your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglMY7IQj7o
It's unbelievable to me how much better that PS2 version looks than the next gen version. 100000 times better. Just look at how fluid the player movement is, the tackling animations and there is much less warping. I never owned that game on old gen, but the player movement is incredibly better. It looks outstanding. How did we get to where we are now after seeing that?
Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #31
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It's unbelievable to me how much better that PS2 version looks than the next gen version. 100000 times better. Just look at how fluid the player movement is, the tackling animations and there is much less warping. I never owned that game on old gen, but the player movement is incredibly better. It looks outstanding. How did we get to where we are now after seeing that?
Well some parts of it animate really well. I like the tackle animations and the overall player movement better than what they use now. The line play is really ugly at times tho. Running the ball up the middle usually just turns into a pile of bodies and your running back falling down in the middle of them.

It's weird on the new games, imo. The movements themselves aren't really unnatural at all, but it looks stiff and kinda twitchy. Like the framerate isn't fast enough to keep it as smooth as it should be. The warping and mini "turbo boosts" are more evident in the new game as well. Even in the 12 demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's weird on the new games, imo. The movements themselves aren't really unnatural at all, but it looks stiff and kinda twitchy. Like the framerate isn't fast enough to keep it as smooth as it should be. The warping and mini "turbo boosts" are more evident in the new game as well. Even in the 12 demo.
The problem is they keep trying to make it look better but they don't have the hardware for it so the Frames Per Second are not as good as they need to be. If they toned down the graphics a tad they could get smoother movement. Its a fine line. We need new consoles period. If this game was ported straight to a modern PC for instance as is they could cap the FPS at like 60 and it would be smooth as ever. Shoot my PC could run the game with DX11 graphics 4xAA and 16x AS with 1080p on my TV over HDMI and look 100x better than current gen consoles. These things are at the end of life and I really think they are squeezing all they call out of them.

Right now you can see the current systems at times are strugling with the graphics especially when the field of view gets wider and it has to do more processing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »