Home

Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

This is a discussion on Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #41
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not getting bent out of shape over anything.

Never once did you say anything about questioning the ability of the A.I. which I would have no disagreement with.

You're only point in every one of your posts was people should want to play the game. You are now just backtracking.

If your point now is that you don't trust the A.I. then I will agree with you but you never brought it up at all, how was I to know?

Doesn't change the way I want to play the game and as I mentioned, I could care less how anyone else chooses to play but I wish you just would have brought that up right away rather than make it seem like you couldn't comprehend why someone wouldn't want to PLAY the game.

Also, please don't circumvent the language filter, it is against the TOS (sorry, just the mod in me).
I believe I did mention the AI in an earlier post, so nope, no backtracking. And I didn't mean to circumvent the filter, as I filtered my own word lol. Good lord.....touchy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #42
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
You are supposed to PLAY the game. Not sit back and watch the computer play it. To each their own, but there is no way in hell I'm relying on Madden's AI to do anything for me.
See? Both of us are right.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #43
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree. I adjust sliders for switching play. Only house rules I have is using gameflow and audible if need be. Picking your own plays kinda puts you in an advantage since the game is not smart.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #44

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I believe I did mention the AI in an earlier post, so nope, no backtracking. And I didn't mean to circumvent the filter, as I filtered my own word lol. Good lord.....touchy.
Quote:
See? Both of us are right.
Sure, you mentioned it a couple times, I missed it as it didn't seem like a real focal point of your discussion and if it was I apologize for missing it.

Either way, no reason to continue the discussion at this point, we disagree and that's that. Have a nice night and go Broncos!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #45
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

Ahhh...you had me at Go Broncos lol. Have a nice night as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 12

I think you should play the game the way you like playing it and don't worry about what other people think about the way you play it.

Personally I've always found the notion of "sim" funny in regards to Madden, if we're talking about real simulation, then shouldn't you be playing QB with a first-person view? When you play a flight simulator, you fly the plane from the cockpit to get a true sim experience.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #47
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

Using the term sim and madden is laughable to me but to me as long as you don't go for it on 4th down on your side of the field I think that is enough.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #48
Rookie

dlouismartin's Arena

OVR: 5

While I would agree that SIM is a word that people can't agree on, I wouldn't agree that it means nothing. It is a word that was created by a sub culture and that makes it jargon, but it does mean something... Made up or not.

Personally I think that SIM was a term employed to describe a play style that focuses on playing the game as realistically to real football as possible. Here is where most people remind me that Madden isn't real football, but I think that we can agree that it is supposed to be as real as the technology allows-- otherwise people who love football wouldn't buy it. Yes, I know that people buy it that aren't football fans, but I think we can agree that if the players in the game that resembled humans were designed to look like robots.... Sales would plummet.

Now for manually controlling things. I think that if you control your players that you are participating in playing the game. If you dont control your players, then you are watching, because the control will not be in your hand. Do you see my point? If you are playing Madden you are controlling your players. That's what video games exist for... To be played with your hands by controlling things on your screen. Although we have started to evolve beyond that - this is still what we all do with a control in our hand.

As for controlling your DBS or WRS, that just means you have elected to enjoy more of the game's offerings than someone who doesn't. It doesn't make you cheesy if you do, and it doesn't make you lazy if you don't, unless you are trying to be the best Madden player of all time. If you are then you may want to control everything you can. Just look at the top players. Personally, I know that I will never be on the Madde Bus, but I am okay with that-- are you?

Think of it like Street Fighter. You can choose to learn and use all of the moves amd combos that the game has to offer, or you can choose not to, your choice. If you do, awesome, if you don't, awesome. Just have fun.

Last edited by dlouismartin; 09-08-2011 at 09:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »