Home

Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

This is a discussion on Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I understand your point but I can also understand the co-worker not giving it much credence until after those drastic results. He went from a decisive 16 point win, to two blowout losses by 20+, one which potentially could have been by more if he hadn't quit.

So given that swing, I can understand him feeling like the new playbook was advantageous to his opponent and wanting to now stick with default team playbooks.

That said, if he turned around and complained about being beat with the SF playbook while his opponent his using SF, then that's just being a sore loser.

Thank you sir! Very well put. That is my whole arguement!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #58
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Why are you cursing? Absolutely no reason for it

I will say this. Why I dont have a problem beating anyone when they change their playbooks. Prett much every single person I have played changes the playbook, and it has never come up as a disadvantage by anyone I know, but you.

You need to stop using the whole playbook scenario as a excuse.

Then why dont you pick the same playbook, and see if he still beats you. You actaully think by picking a playbook will make your team better. That doesnt make sense. I have actually heard the opposite where players feel their team play worse when you dont use thier playbook. This is the 1st time I have every herad anyone state that the team will play better with another playbook.

Picking a playbook that suites you makes you play better with your team, but no magic happens because a player picked a different playbook.

The funny thing is that you can do the samething, but I think you will refuse to do so , becuase if you lose again that will crush your pride in knowing he is just flat out better than you. Also after that what excuse can you use?

Really I have never herad of anyone complaining because a player is using another teams playbook till this thread.
I'm thinking we missed the memo where changing the playbook turns your team into Hall-of-Famers, that's just my guess.

What people need to understand is that not every team in real life has the best scheme for their team. It's no longer "Tom Coughlin's" team whenever you pick them, it's your team (just using you as an example in this case), it's no longer Frazier's team whenever I take control of them. It's my team, it's our team.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
because thats what a good coach would do. you dont keep making the same mistakes. he beat you in his gameplanning. same thing happens every week in the nfl, college, high school, and even pop warner leagues, heck people even do it in every day life (if what you are trying to do isnt working you do something different).

sounds like you need to learn that lesson, or do you just like to beat your head against a wall trying to knock it down.

You make your adjustments within your own playbook, not another team's playbook!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #60
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I have no problem with it, but at the same time, I will always use a team's default playbook.

It's one of those things where there certainly should continue to be an option to change your playbook, but I'll just never take advantage of it.
I am glad you commented sir and please can you go across the hall, figuratively speaking, and tell them Big F'n Deal asked can we get an OPTION to lock/link playbooks to coaches and have players need to "learn" new plays over time when switching coaches?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

iv heard alot of reason to why somone lost but this as got to be the funniest iv heard yet. play books mean nothing, it comes down to what your good at.if im using the raiders a power running team but want to take advenatge of there speed wr would i use the raiders pb? or pick one where i can play the style I WANT. its a game and if youv played madden long enough and are as good as you think a team pb dont change anything, your game got exposd and your mad it happends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #62
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I'm thinking we missed the memo where changing the playbook turns your team into Hall-of-Famers, that's just my guess.

What people need to understand is that not every team in real life has the best scheme for their team. It's no longer "Tom Coughlin's" team whenever you pick them, it's your team (just using you as an example in this case), it's no longer Frazier's team whenever I take control of them. It's my team, it's our team.
So in that case, do you feel like roster and ratings edits should be available in online ranked/unranked games?

I think people are muddling the difference between the freedom to do whatever you want in a video game versus having parameters for competing in that video game. Myself and TNT have gotten into this discussion quite a few times and I keep stating that, Madden gives gamers the freedom to do many potentially realistic things without providing applicable realistic parameters for regulating them, to realize that potential.

So competitors often have to create or agree on their own set of parameters in Madden or any competitive game, to compensate, which is what should happen in this case, imo.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
iv heard alot of reason to why somone lost but this as got to be the funniest iv heard yet. play books mean nothing, it comes down to what your good at.if im using the raiders a power running team but want to take advenatge of there speed wr would i use the raiders pb? or pick one where i can play the style I WANT. its a game and if youv played madden long enough and are as good as you think a team pb dont change anything, your game got exposd and your mad it happends

Well I disagree. There are some players who use any PB they want.....and there are some players who stay true to their own PB. Im one of those guys and u apparently arent. We all just have to agree to disagree, thats all.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal1423
Im frustrated because people arent getting my point.

and then he had to use the magical PB to do something different.
People aren't getting your point because there's no such thing as a magical playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »