Home

Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

This is a discussion on Madden 13 finally like Head Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

What we lost is fall outweighed by what we are supposed to have gained. Also, we didn't really "lose it." Things like multiple players on one console or player editing are things Looman said he wanted to get in, but can't right now. I believe him. These are things he wants to put back in, so it isn't like lead blocker or vision cone where EA just ripped it out.

I am really bothered when I see palyers wearing retired numbers. I know I will have to make roster changes when I see someone wearing numbers 8, 16, 80, or 42. While 64, 39, 12 and others are also retired, I can live with those because I didn't grow up watching them... but those core 4 numbers will cause me to trade players, or do what ever it takes to work around the problem. I also want to be able to change player positions, but what ever.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Agreed on all counts , disappointed to lose so much control to get this tho. Hopefully this will be rectified in M14
Well, its either in the game and broken, or not at all.

The one thing I like most about Looman is that he said that he absolutely refuses to put things in the game just to get them in without proper testing and such to ensure that it works correctly.

RIP J.J.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

My only concern is we can't edit. I don't care about ratings but size and equipment would be nice.

If Blake McCannon is a "once in a decade player" no way should he be 6'1 215lbs. Since when is a small QB described as that or the top pick? aside from Mike Vick, never! He needs to be prototype size to be hyped like that and so do the other guys. Would we see a WR that is 5.9 180lbs be picked in the top 5? No!

I hope Looman looks through the draft classes and compares them to actual draft classes for realism.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
Rookie

DMorganU44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
My only concern is we can't edit. I don't care about ratings but size and equipment would be nice.

If Blake McCannon is a "once in a decade player" no way should he be 6'1 215lbs. Since when is a small QB described as that or the top pick? aside from Mike Vick, never! He needs to be prototype size to be hyped like that and so do the other guys. Would we see a WR that is 5.9 180lbs be picked in the top 5? No!

I hope Looman looks through the draft classes and compares them to actual draft classes for realism.
Yep, I want to believe this time it will work, but these hand-crafted classes are the reason I started to use imported classes.

Now, when I saw that pic of Blake McCannon at 6'1'' 215... oh man! The visual was amazing, but with the same problems with the size of the top prospects.

I hope someone at EA take another look at this...
Old 06-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMorganU44
Yep, I want to believe this time it will work, but these hand-crafted classes are the reason I started to use imported classes.

Now, when I saw that pic of Blake McCannon at 6'1'' 215... oh man! The visual was amazing, but with the same problems with the size of the top prospects.

I hope someone at EA take another look at this...
Exactly! I have no problem with undersized all-pro's like Drew Brees but there's a reason he was a 2nd round pick. The hype has to match the prospect if you know what I mean.

All they have to do is make him 6'4 230lbs and he could be called a "once in a decade player"

Please Josh look at this thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Josh said every player had 10 possible branches that will change each class every time you play it. No class will be the same. Ever.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Josh said every player had 10 possible branches that will change each class every time you play it. No class will be the same. Ever.
That's exciting if it's done well
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #24
Rookie

DMorganU44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Exactly! I have no problem with undersized all-pro's like Drew Brees but there's a reason he was a 2nd round pick. The hype has to match the prospect if you know what I mean.

All they have to do is make him 6'4 230lbs and he could be called a "once in a decade player"

Please Josh look at this thread!
Me too... I donīt about you, but in my offline franchise, I always had to deal with 6'0 or 6'1'' QB being taken at the first pick or round. Also, 5'11'' OLBīs being taken in the top-10. Now without the edit tool, I can only hope...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »