Home

Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

This is a discussion on Madden 13 finally like Head Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
This is a great point. Playbook knowledge gives you a reason to try and build a team and keep the players together. For those that continually turn-over their roster they will be penalized by having a team that doesn't grasp the full system you have in place.

The injuries too, it makes them less random and makes you decide if you want to sit a guy to fully heal them or play them and risk a more serious injury.

These should both be in C.C.
Exactly man, you worded it beautifully. I was hoping people would get understand that is what I trying to relay with the second video. That sense of "team" that is missing from Madden, which adds incredible depth/immersion.

Having a player retire, cost too much and/or get injured would actually mean something because there would no longer be that "cookie cutter" effect of just plugging another player. There could be a more talented player available at a position but you would still have to weight his learning ability for how long it would take him to learn the plays to be most effective, not to mention having to consider the wear-n-tear on seasoned veterans versus playing inexperienced younger players.

Anyway, I just hope there is some form of this stuff under the hood but if not, it needs to be in for M14.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #34
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
The thing with Blake McCannon is that he sure does resemble Matt Barkley's measurables who is thought to be, right now, the #1 pick next year. I think that's what they were going for in this instance and hopefully its the exception and not too common. I do hope they get height and weight realistic, there can be variance just keep it reasonable.
He is only an inch off from Barkley weight wise and Barkley is penciled in as the # 1 Pick at 6'2. I remember seeing the first screen shot of McCannon and thinking that he was supposed to resemble Barkley. So it seemed they made a draft class similar to the real 2013 Draft class minus the real names.

Last edited by goravens2052; 07-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

I would be so happy if they would make at least a mode in Madden to satisfy the Head Coach crowd---it is the only way I like to play. To be able to play in a 32 team league with just coaches/GMs would be the ultimate football game to me personally. While not the most popular method of play, I am quite sure there are many others that feel the same way. I just dont understand why they dont make this a viable way to play. I am not a programmer so I wont speak to how difficult it might be to add---it just seems that it is under the hood so to speak as there are options to play this way in the Play Now mode.

Last edited by tosa; 07-21-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

My understanding is this will be like a Head Coach where you call the plays and the CPU plays them out. And hopefully that applies to the field goals and kicking. I haven't played a Madden game since probably 2005, but am excited if I'm correct about the coach "only" mode.

I would think it would be that because NHL 13 will have the "coach only" mode this year as well. So it appears EA is doing that across the board for their games. Guess we'll find out.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

If this is the case, this will be amazing.....just hoping this mode is not riddled with bugs.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
My understanding is this will be like a Head Coach where you call the plays and the CPU plays them out. And hopefully that applies to the field goals and kicking. I haven't played a Madden game since probably 2005, but am excited if I'm correct about the coach "only" mode.

I would think it would be that because NHL 13 will have the "coach only" mode this year as well. So it appears EA is doing that across the board for their games. Guess we'll find out.
If you are referring to Connected Careers in M13, you probably want to do a Google search on the mode. It has some similarities to Head Coach but it has some differences as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #39
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly man, you worded it beautifully. I was hoping people would get understand that is what I trying to relay with the second video. That sense of "team" that is missing from Madden, which adds incredible depth/immersion.

Having a player retire, cost too much and/or get injured would actually mean something because there would no longer be that "cookie cutter" effect of just plugging another player. There could be a more talented player available at a position but you would still have to weight his learning ability for how long it would take him to learn the plays to be most effective, not to mention having to consider the wear-n-tear on seasoned veterans versus playing inexperienced younger players.

Anyway, I just hope there is some form of this stuff under the hood but if not, it needs to be in for M14.
I realy wish you hadn't reminded me of hc 09s injury system. I will be ecstatic if this has been replicated in Ccm. I doubt the playbook knowledge will be in because short of not making plays available to you it will be tough to simulate a player not knowing a play.

Another head coach feature that would be nice to have is the ability to start pre-draft.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-10-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
No. Picking a coach will allow u to play the traditional way where u do control the players on the field. However, there will be options that allow u to just call plays on the field and let the CPU run them
I have not seen this confirmed that there is a coach mode like ncaa 12 and 13 had, where the computer controls the players and the kickers. I am a simulation junky that still plays Head Coach 09 and the newer versions of NCAA because of this feature. Does it have the broadcast view as well? Would love to see where you got your confirmation on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »