Home

Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

This is a discussion on Madden 13 finally like Head Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Banned

bfslcommissioner's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
I really had fun doing this in HC09 but it did get old fast...I don't believe I did a full season before I just started to sim pass the game.
It was tedious after a while
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 2

Well I'm looking at it as coaching against another user. The ai wasn't great on head coach 09 which would allow u to run the same 2 or 3 plays all game every game. But I'm thinking if u fond someone who is knowledgeable when it comes y football this might make u dig deep into that playbook, that EA always boasts about, to counter ur opponent. could u imagine playing this way in an online franchise against maybe 10-15 other users?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfslcommissioner
It was tedious after a while
It was, but that was the missing piece of HC09: decent gameplay.

Now, Madden gameplay need to keep improving, and this year looks like we'll see more than just roster update and incremental improvement on that front.

But by giving Looman's vision room and resources to put HC09 principles and game philosophy in place, EA has made a good game quality decision, which is of course a good business decision. But i means thinking about the long term viability of the franchise after years of using the Madden game name to just do minimal or gimmicky changes while doing annual updates in the cheap.

I see what they're doing this year as something much more than the silly stuff they tries to sell as a big deal in previous years ("Pro-Tak!!") while laying the foundation for much better improvements i the future.

The combination of new console technology plus a new engine and a centralized coding structure for game features within Connected Careers should be a good combination for the next few years. The suits will always find a way to get lazy, but even they know at this point they need to spend some money on this franchise for at least a few years to keep it viable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

You remember the head coach from back in the day? Now that was brutal. It used to take forever just to get to the game not to mention the crazy long loading screens. It was still a fun game tho.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #13
MVP

I saw the player profile screen for RGIII and there was in big letters...
PHY INT DUR SIZ PRD

and I was like whoa! that's Head Coach '09

Then the draft classes with player back stories and yeah, it looks like EA is finally going Looman's route with Madden.

It's a step in the right direction, the draft classes made Head Coach great! It brought realism to the draft and building a team and it sounds like CC is going even a step further with dynamic back stories. It sounds like these stories will contain underclassmen so I'm thinking a stud Freshman QB gets hyped up and we have to wait 3 or 4 years to draft him and see if he's the next Andrew Luck or Jimmy Claussen.

The NFL Draft, aside from the Super Bowl, is the biggest event for the NFL and it's about time Madden acknowledges that and makes the draft in the game just as big of an event. I hope the "personalities in the game have Mock Drafts and down the road I'd love to see pre-draft shows like a "Path to the Draft" sort of thing.

Since the players have stories the announcers will hopefully call them by their name in the game, and say things like the "This is our first look at Blake McCannon the first overall pick out of USC" etc.

I hope Looman comes here to compare what's in Madden 13 to Head Coach '09 for us faithful followers of his HC game.

I also hope there's a Future '50 again to get us psyched about the rookie classes.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

i love headcoach game and happy looman going make it like headcoach that was fun game i just hope it also has coach mode where u just coach that be cool if not o well there so many postive things for this game

this the first madden im excited about i was excited about other madden but that was just so i can play with the rookies etc this year i can less about rookies and more excited about CC i can see myself making 1-2 offline and 1-2 online all depends how many guys i can get join my CC online im excited for this game this game cant come out ill try get it early this year again if not then ill get it aug 28th
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Lovin' the HC09-ish-ness to the new Madden. Yeah Josh!

I too loved HC09 and the immersion level off the field. And while there are a zillion upsides to this and I'm now officially excited enough to pre-order, I am secretly hoping that the draft classes aren't so structured that they show up online within weeks of release (Zazzali, etc) with all the superstar picks mapped. If they are somehow randomized, even slightly, then this will be a fun (and possibly best) Madden version!

Cannot wait.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
Lovin' the HC09-ish-ness to the new Madden. Yeah Josh!

I too loved HC09 and the immersion level off the field. And while there are a zillion upsides to this and I'm now officially excited enough to pre-order, I am secretly hoping that the draft classes aren't so structured that they show up online within weeks of release (Zazzali, etc) with all the superstar picks mapped. If they are somehow randomized, even slightly, then this will be a fun (and possibly best) Madden version!

Cannot wait.
I agree but it's not going to matter as much since potential is gone.
I like the Future "50" because it adds to the hype and makes the rookies seem more real.

What would be cool is after we scout a "sleeper" then the twitter feed starts going off about how good the player could be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »