Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
LOL at people thinking there will be a patch

someone name ONE patch that madden has had where it has actually changed the game settings completely?? it's all patches to fix crap like lag and gameplay bugs THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PATCH TO FIX SETTINGS AND ADD THIGNS IN! not even fixing the Brown unis a few years ago
Didn't NCAA get online roster editing patched in? I'm pretty sure it did but probably brought problems with it.

I say that but I'm always pessimistic about madden and things like this. I predict either nothing or just number editing.

I'm more hopeful that a workout around is found.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I can understand not allowing ratings edits.....that would make the whole earning XP thing pointless. But IMHO, no excuse to not have the ability to edit appearance and equipment, especially in an off-line CCM. If they don't announce that this will be added in the title update, then I won't be getting the game. The rookies always come in with jacked up equipment (QB with a lineman mask, receivers with big bulky lineman elbow pads, etc.) and if we can't even fix this, it will really take away from my ability to enjoy the game. Sure hope EA surprises me here for once, but I don't expect them to address it at all. It will just be an "all new feature" in M14.
Still doesn't make sense to me. If it's off-line it should be fully customizable. Sure a lot of us think it's cheap and boring to make max out a player but at the same time if that's what you want to do then you should be able to do it. It's your game, you paid $60 for it, why not let you customize the off-line aspect to your hearts content.

It's not a deal breaker for me and I had a lot of fun with the demo seeing a lot of things I liked but I still think customization is an aspect that shouldn't be left out in the modes where it's applicable. Obviously for any online competitions it would be stupid to have player edits in (still probably should be allowable by the comissioner of the CCM though), but in off-line play it should be fine. XP or no XP.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:

someone name ONE patch that madden has had where it has actually changed the game settings completely?? it's all patches to fix crap like lag and gameplay bugs THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PATCH TO FIX SETTINGS AND ADD THIGNS IN! not even fixing the Brown unis a few years ago
Broadcast Camera and Madden Ultimate Team were delivered via patches in Madden NFL 10.

AFL Legacy Mode and uniforms, also in 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #36
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Broadcast Camera and Madden Ultimate Team were delivered via patches in Madden NFL 10.

AFL Legacy Mode and uniforms, also in 10.
Yet Ironically that was the year the Browns White pants away strip was never fixed, yet all the AFL alt unis were added.

I don't think some of the things being talked about to add back in the game can be patched, the reason is they are worried it wont work, why would that change in 2 months?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:

They patched in the old audible method when they released the strat pad that everyone hated.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #38
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ian Cummings stated it would only take a few minutes to give the use the ability to edit. Can't remember where I read it though, but if that is indeed true, then that's just a shot below the belt.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #39
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Yeah but this a HUGE thing, it would be like patching in a new franchise team into the game. same with adding in 32 team control (which btw I don't think will ever come back now look at NHL)
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yet Ironically that was the year the Browns White pants away strip was never fixed, yet all the AFL alt unis were added.

I don't think some of the things being talked about to add back in the game can be patched, the reason is they are worried it wont work, why would that change in 2 months?
I don't think the same system of editing players would be patched in. I think an updated new version of editing will be patched in. That's my guess if it happens.

I think it was scraped in the first place because it didn't work with CCM and it certainly didn't work with the NCAA imports. I think they scraped it for the year to fix those issues and bring them back when they are ready under a new system.

Why spend all your time fixing something that doesn't work when you can create new and better additions (CCM and IE) with that time.

My guess is, after the outcry from the community, that editing will be a top priority to the EA dev team. And if the new development cycle for M14 has already started, they could be working on it right now. If that's the case, and this is only a guess, maybe they are far enough along to patch in a simplified version with Jersey number and equipment editing in.

Here's hoping!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »