Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
No because I think when you start a new CCM it loads the roster off of the server. You can use the default stock roster or download the latest update. I could be wrong, but this is how I think it works.
Sounds like a way EA would be able to ensure only their rosters work. I was just thinking about that way as a workaround but im sure EA thought of it loooooooooong ago also.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10

Do you guys think it would be harder for ea to code roster editing into ccm or just give us the ability to use custom rosters from the start.

If they gave us the custom roster option i would feel better bc the base roster would be taken care of. We would only have to worry about drafted players equipment and numbers but all the players already on your roster would be customizable.

Like ive said before im getting the feeling that ccm is going to be very scripted the first few years and thats why we cant use a custom roster.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #59
Rookie

bigdooky15's Arena

OVR: 2

When IGN Live did Madden 13 with Josh Looman on Wednesday they finally chose my editing question towards the end and Josh basically said "No Comment, we know we wanna at least add in the option to edit numbers but theres no official information right now. We understand alot of fans love this feature..." blah blah blah broke my heart. heres hoping that first update at least gives us an option...
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #60
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Do you guys think it would be harder for ea to code roster editing into ccm or just give us the ability to use custom rosters from the start.

If they gave us the custom roster option i would feel better bc the base roster would be taken care of. We would only have to worry about drafted players equipment and numbers but all the players already on your roster would be customizable.

Like ive said before im getting the feeling that ccm is going to be very scripted the first few years and thats why we cant use a custom roster.
I think it would be easier to let us bring in custom rosters. And I agree that would make coach mode playable. Right now I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it so I'm hoping my player is fun.

What I think would be REALLY easy is to give us the ability to edit the my player we are controlling. At the very least then I could switch to each player, edit, switch, edit, and then switch back to being the coach. It'd be a hassle but seems like its be an easy fix.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #61
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdooky15
When IGN Live did Madden 13 with Josh Looman on Wednesday they finally chose my editing question towards the end and Josh basically said "No Comment, we know we wanna at least add in the option to edit numbers but theres no official information right now. We understand alot of fans love this feature..." blah blah blah broke my heart. heres hoping that first update at least gives us an option...
I hate that he said the numbers thing - makes me think that's all they might patch. Just a small something to say they tried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdooky15
Good news is devs dont usually answer questions that the fans wont like the answer to so maybe theres a chance they got it in i guess only time
Will tell
Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
I hate that he said the numbers thing - makes me think that's all they might patch. Just a small something to say they tried.
Agreed but if they find a way to get numbers to work is adding a visor or pair of gloves or changing a pair of cleats that much different? These are all things that have nothing to do with xp or storylines.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #64
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589

I don't see how the roster Ea puts out is different than anything we would do before starting a CC. It should be the exact same without repercussion because the numbers are just numbers. I can see why we don't have that ability within the mode, but to not have the ability to take a custom roster into the mode makes no sense at all. It defies logic, the only reason I can figure we don't have it and it wasn't even considered is that it kills two birds with one stone.

1)Your gonna most certainly have to purchase Madden next year if for no other reason than an "accurate roster"

2)Head Coach didn't have it, and since CC is built from HC, it saved time simply to not even think about including it.

But to answer your question, I think it would be easier to add the ability to edit before entering CC. But I don't think it's any harder to add it within connected careers... they could turn off the xp system and let the computer "advance" players the way it always has like previous franchise modes.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-23-2012 at 11:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »