Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: player edit loophole?

I just can't stand when WRs and DBs don't wear gloves.

Hopefully they don't have a whole bun h of ugly REVO original helmets on everyone.

I did enjoy customizing players, but it doesn't make or break the game for me.

Good gameplay>customization
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #42
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintslfc13
Still doesn't make sense to me. If it's off-line it should be fully customizable. Sure a lot of us think it's cheap and boring to make max out a player but at the same time if that's what you want to do then you should be able to do it. It's your game, you paid $60 for it, why not let you customize the off-line aspect to your hearts content.

It's not a deal breaker for me and I had a lot of fun with the demo seeing a lot of things I liked but I still think customization is an aspect that shouldn't be left out in the modes where it's applicable. Obviously for any online competitions it would be stupid to have player edits in (still probably should be allowable by the comissioner of the CCM though), but in off-line play it should be fine. XP or no XP.
I completely agree man. Listen, I understand making a video game is hard work. But how many times in this gen are we (the every year Madden fans and consumers) expected to just be OK when features that have literally been in the game for a decade are COMPLETELY removed.......especially something as vital to a lot of people as roster editing. My point is I can live without the ability to mess with ratings because the XP system offers an alternative. If my #1 pick rookie QB comes in the game with a lineman helmet/mask, gloves on both hands and huge shoulder pads, I will NOT be able to stick with and enjoy that franchise. It seems crazy to me that they would release a game without roster editing included in the "franchise" in any way. They must think we will shell out $60 no matter what every year, but I personally am drawing the line. If it isnt patched in, I won't buy the game. I hope enough other people that enjoy the roster editing part of the game do the same, but I doubt it. I can't fathom the EA meeting room when it was decided "we will just leave out editing completely.....shouldn't be a big deal at all to our customers". Surely they cannot be that clueless.......right???
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #43
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
The worst part to me is that EA has a track record of having jacked up equipment. Whether its 90% of players in NCAA rocking the hideous ion helmet, to qbs coming into the league with dark visors and linebacker face masks in Madden. It's also tough on fans of small teams that lack player likeness in any other way than equipment.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

Deep down in my heart i know all the people saying it cant be patched in are right, i guess im just in madden denial. They give us a game mode like ccm that madden fans have been waiting for since the start of this gen but they leave out or cant get simple features to work that we have enjoyed since last gen...its really just another year in the life of a madden fan, but how long can it continue? I feel like my glory days of gaming are behind me and my time for gaming slowly dwindles down year by year. When is THE madden going to come out that we have ALL been waiting for? Not just the casuals or hardcore or tourney guys or online or offline but ALL madden gamers.

Options are our friend EA.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

well what about some type of editing done on the computer that will allow us to trick the game files. don't they have the ability with fifa currently? i play pes 2012 and mod the heck out of the game. is there a way to crack these files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

plus if you had xbox you could also mod nba 2k12. where there is a will, there is a way.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Heres a thought. If I download a roster update, edit the roster but DONT save it, and go to CCM, will the computer know the roster has been changed? I can see if you save the roster then it wont match. Does the idea make any sense or am I way off???
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I completely agree man. Listen, I understand making a video game is hard work. But how many times in this gen are we (the every year Madden fans and consumers) expected to just be OK when features that have literally been in the game for a decade are COMPLETELY removed.......especially something as vital to a lot of people as roster editing. My point is I can live without the ability to mess with ratings because the XP system offers an alternative. If my #1 pick rookie QB comes in the game with a lineman helmet/mask, gloves on both hands and huge shoulder pads, I will NOT be able to stick with and enjoy that franchise. It seems crazy to me that they would release a game without roster editing included in the "franchise" in any way. They must think we will shell out $60 no matter what every year, but I personally am drawing the line. If it isnt patched in, I won't buy the game. I hope enough other people that enjoy the roster editing part of the game do the same, but I doubt it. I can't fathom the EA meeting room when it was decided "we will just leave out editing completely.....shouldn't be a big deal at all to our customers". Surely they cannot be that clueless.......right???
To each his own, and I certainly understand not wanting to financially support a company you have been dissapointed with as a consumer...but if there was ever a year NOT to boycott Madden and EA, this would be the year.

I think CCM and the infinity engine are too good to pass up. And I think spending the year loving these new features, will only make you happier when you hear that player editing has been put back into Madden 14 and it's better than ever!

Last edited by juicer420; 08-23-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »