Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I don't see how the roster Ea puts out is different than anything we would do before starting a CC. It should be the exact same without repercussion because the numbers are just numbers. I can see why we don't have that ability within the mode, but to not have the ability to take a custom roster into the mode makes no sense at all. It defies logic, the only reason I can figure we don't have it and it wasn't even considered is that it kills two birds with one stone.

1)Your gonna most certainly have to purchase Madden next year if for no other reason than an "accurate roster"

2)Head Coach didn't have it, and since CC is built from HC, it saved time simply to not even think about including it.

But to answer you question, I think it would be easier to add the ability to edit before entering CC. But I don't think it's any harder to add it within connected careers... they could turn off the xp system and let the computer "advance" players the way it always has like previous franchise modes.
Trey i feel like me and you are on the same page on alotta things and this is another one. Ive said from the time we heard no editing and no custom rosters that it was a business decision by EA to get people to purchase the next iteration as basically a roster update. People like me would by the game every other year and manually update the roster to include transactions and draftees on off years. EA clearly realized this and saw a way to end it. However last time i brought this up i was labeled a conspiracy theorist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjames01
CCM has a lot more in common with Head Coach 09 (which didn't have editing) than Madden 12.
Not entirely true, you could edit numbers and positions.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Trey i feel like me and you are on the same page on alotta things and this is another one. Ive said from the time we heard no editing and no custom rosters that it was a business decision by EA to get people to purchase the next iteration as basically a roster update. People like me would by the game every other year and manually update the roster to include transactions and draftees on off years. EA clearly realized this and saw a way to end it. However last time i brought this up i was labeled a conspiracy theorist.
This could be the case, but it seems pretty simple to me. Scraping franchise mode and superstar mode meant scraping everything with it. You can't just bring something built for one system into a brand new system like CCM that was built from the ground up. It would require all new coding. Maybe they just didn't have the time to get it to work right with CCM.

I would keep my hopes up that some form will be patched in, because I honestly believe it would be a poor business decision not to be at least working on it for M14.

Unless, of course, you are correct that taking it out was a business decision to begin with.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #68
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Same here, I basically got yelled at by GC's saying "They already told you they ran out of time"...But everything after that is "Well we want to get it into the game but we don't know when." If you knew before hand what kind of reaction you would get, you would know whether your working on it behind the scenes or not and what the eta would be. If that's Madden 14 then so be it, if not then you've already put out the most disappointing news so why not let it all out about the missing features? Either way, if they patch in simply numbers and equipment, I still think people won't be happy. It still won't change my opinion on the matter. I want full editing back. I like the new direction, but I'm not liking not being able to change the things in the game the way I see fit.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-23-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
This could be the case, but it seems pretty simple to me. Scraping franchise mode and superstar mode meant scraping everything with it. You can't just bring something built for one system into a brand new system like CCM that was built from the ground up. It would require all new coding. Maybe they just didn't have the time to get it to work right with CCM.

I would keep my hopes up that some form will be patched in, because I honestly believe it would be a poor business decision not to be at least working on it for M14.

Unless, of course, you are correct that taking it out was a business decision to begin with.
I get what your saying man i just cant wrap my head around the fact that they were working on the mode for supposidly 2 years and not once did anyone say wait what about player editing, custom rosters, 32 team control, even picking your opponets unis?

I just cant believe it didnt come up that features they had for over 5 years couldnt be put into a new mode. These guys are professionals, they decided to put in a WHOLE new engine in january but didnt have enough time for past features?

I hope im wrong and we see it all back this year or next
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #70
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdooky15
When IGN Live did Madden 13 with Josh Looman on Wednesday they finally chose my editing question towards the end and Josh basically said "No Comment, we know we wanna at least add in the option to edit numbers but theres no official information right now. We understand alot of fans love this feature..." blah blah blah broke my heart. heres hoping that first update at least gives us an option...

They Want To Add Numbers in So U Don't See 4 in GB 8 in Dal 16'8 In SF 18 in Indy 99 in Philly GB

I Believe That Josh Will Only ADD Edit Player If Forced By EA Management And Higher Ups I Think This Way Because He Has Impryed that CCM is His Baby And Imputing the HC 09 Code

And 32 Team Control Also Might be Gone Forever Because Some Deplovers Might Think That A Its Your Own CCM Type of World B Its Hard To Code and C They Don't Think There is a Enough or a Market for that

And Custom Rosters Might be Gone For A Very Long Time So That We Have To Buy The Newest Maddens For The New Rookies And Rosters its About $

I Hope I am Wrong And The Game changers do a GREAT Job
Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #71
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Same here, I basically got yelled at by GC's saying "They already told you they ran out of time"...But everything after that is "Well we want to get it into the game but we don't know when." If you knew before hand what kind of reaction you would get, you would know whether your working on it behind the scenes or not and what the eta would be. If that's Madden 14 then so be it, if not then you've already put out the most disappointing news so why not let it all out about the missing features? Either way, if they patch in simply numbers and equipment, I still think people won't be happy. It still won't change my opinion on the matter. I want full editing back. I like the new direction, but I'm not liking not being able to change the things in the game the way I see fit.
because in the game dev business you don't put out when or even that something will be done until its already ready or in the fine tuning stages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #72
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
because in the game EA dev business you don't put out when or even that something will be done until its already ready or in the fine tuning stages.
Fixed that for you...I don't just play Football video games, and this isn't the only video game forum I have visited for years interacting. This may be EA's way of doing things but other houses actually listen to their fan base, interact and even let you know what's down the road for the people that are basically writing their checks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »