Home

Online Lag is terrible

This is a discussion on Online Lag is terrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #41
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Online Lag is terrible

Also, I think a lot of the people in here saying "I have played X games and haven't seen any lag" are probably so used it because they either don't play offline or have just played mostly online so far...

I want to see video of these "lagless" online matches.

The ONLY lagless online game I've played, was against a kid in the same town as me...and it was still somewhat slower than offline, but tolerable I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #42
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
dsl has horrible pings... therefor this statement is not true, from my experience ive had cable modem twice dial up once, and dsl twice, cable modem is by far the best for online gaming
Not true u didn't read my previous posts. Dsl works for me!!! High speed cable does not, that's the truth
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #43
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been complaining about this for years!! Finally others are coming out of the closet. I found the answer after years of trying everything under the Sun. Are you guys not listening? Try DSL!!! Downgrade your great connection like I did and Madden will run smooth. I know it makes no sense but it WORKS!!!High speed cable connections will cause Madden to run slow and jittery!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

This has always been an issue for me as well... The only Madden games I was ever able to play without lag was the Old Gen Madden's. Once the new gen Maddens hit the scene... It was lights out to online play for this guy! Are these games P2P?? Server based?? What is it?? Cause there are a lot more folks playing MW3 online then there are Madden...and Ive NEVER had Lag problems with that game!! Get it right EA!! And PLEASE dont say its my connection. My Download speed is 53 MBPS and my Upload is 31 MBPS!!

Last edited by BadBoy7150; 09-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #45
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

I experienced terrible lag the other day in Madden 13'. I am on the east coast on a wireless xbox 360 and my buddy was wired in, and in the Los Angeles area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Not true u didn't read my previous posts. Dsl works for me!!! High speed cable does not, that's the truth
perhaps your cable internet providers suck in your are, what ever works for you, more power to you
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy7150
This has always been an issue for me as well... The only Madden games I was ever able to play without lag was the Old Gen Madden's. Once the new gen Maddens hit the scene... It was lights out to online play for this guy! Are these games P2P?? Server based?? What is it?? Cause there are a lot more folks playing MW3 online then there are Madden...and Ive NEVER had Lag problems with that game!! Get it right EA!! And PLEASE dont say its my connection. My Download speed is 53 MBPS and my Upload is 31 MBPS!!
thats bandwidth, that is never the problem in online gaming, unless your on dial up, look at your ping!!! and don't pick the nearest server to you in a ping test, pick servers from each corner of the usa, and see what your ping is, i promise you it will not be as good as your nearest server, example im on comcast internet now, and get a 125 ms ping to london, im from the detroit area, see now thats a beast internet connection, when i had dsl, picking a server in new york id get like 150 ms pings... ITS ALL ABOUT THE PINGS!!! go test yours out

http://www.pingtest.net/

notice the difference once distance comes to play?

Last edited by PurePlayinSerb; 09-05-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #48
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
thats bandwidth, that is never the problem in online gaming, unless your on dial up, look at your ping!!! and don't pick the nearest server to you in a ping test, pick servers from each corner of the usa, and see what your ping is, i promise you it will not be as good as your nearest server, example im on comcast internet now, and get a 125 ms ping to london, im from the detroit area, see now thats a beast internet connection, when i had dsl, picking a server in new york id get like 150 ms pings... ITS ALL ABOUT THE PINGS!!! go test yours out

http://www.pingtest.net/

notice the difference once distance comes to play?
Something something EA sucks something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »