Home

Online Lag is terrible

This is a discussion on Online Lag is terrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Online Lag is terrible

I have my 360 plugged directly into my modem. It's just madden. I'm getting super high speeds.

Kind of annoying considering I just resigned up for live gold for this. Took time taking everything out of the loop. Got a new modem and cable from charter. It's the same with both.

My router is old and i get half the speed through the router but never had any issue in the past. I just switch the 360 directly into the modem. I have about as clean a connection as you can get.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-04-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Rookie

simsdog's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I have my 360 plugged directly into my modem. It's just madden. I'm getting super high speeds.

Kind of annoying considering I just resigned up for live gold for this. Took time taking everything out of the loop. Got a new modem and cable from charter. It's the same with both.
there probably is nothing wrong with your connection, its either your opponents or the server. It's not so bad as to stop me from playing, sometimes the connection gets better as the game progresses.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Banned

I needed to upgrade my modem anyways. I was getting 16 max before out of my old modem. Now I'm getting 50 and it still sucks though. I did pay for live gold for just this basically. and its not playable to me. It's like quicksand. Why play a game that chops all over the place and ruins the entire experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #12
Rookie

simsdog's Arena

OVR: 2

id keep plugging away, I don't think there is a general lag problem. Hopefully the games start getting smoother for ya.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Banned

I hear you. This is just annoying to me. I was playing on dial up in the 90's with the same lag. Now I have a ridiculous connection and it's the same. This just should not be in todays day and age.

Oh it's you. Hopefully it will get better...... I've spent years trying to get the best connection possible where I shouldn't have to even hear that. Crappy routing of EA's servers. EA has a lot more resources at their disposal where they should be up to date.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I needed to upgrade my modem anyways. I was getting 16 max before out of my old modem. Now I'm getting 50 and it still sucks though. I did pay for live gold for just this basically. and its not playable to me. It's like quicksand. Why play a game that chops all over the place and ruins the entire experience?
You may want to look int the airport extreme. Its pricy but delivers great speeds.

I also have 50mbs and with my previous routers I was getting about 16. with the apple extreme im getting over 50.

Something to look into.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Rookie

DSFL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Are you using a wirless adaptor on your Xbox or connected via Ethernet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSFL
Are you using a wirless adaptor on your Xbox or connected via Ethernet?
I have it wired. New modem and cable. I did a speedtest on it and im getting 50 mbps. It's a cisco modem.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »