Home

1990's rosters credit to playmakers

This is a discussion on 1990's rosters credit to playmakers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: 1990's rosters credit to playmakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Big thanks to Playmakers. Quality roster... most of the stuff for PAST rosters just aren't very good.

Really hoping the next two teams on playmakers roster set will be the Dolphins and Patriots.... can't have the 90's without Bledsoe and especially DAN MARINO
Ouch...

C
Old 05-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
You should cut the man some slack because if I'm not mistaken in his thread he specifically stated he left certain teams off on purpose to reduce the amount of duplicate players.

You have to scan through the thread to understand why he made some of the decisions he made.

For example I recall him stating 92 Packers were created in order to get Sterling Sharpe on the file and have Reggie White only assigned to play for the Eagles
First, I think this is a very cool project. I did not mean to be disparaging. Me personally, I would have based this more on the best teams, not individuals. But, that's just me.

As a Packer fan, I often wonder what '95-beyond would have been like with Favre throwing to Sharpe in Favre's prime. So I do get the logic there. But the 1996 team is better than nearly every team listed. Pretty glaring omission, IMO.

Having built a couple of the rosters used on this site, I love to see projects like this. They keep the game alive and enjoyable for so many. I would like to believe they push EA to greater things as well. (Hopefully)

Last edited by AaronS444; 05-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm having a blast with these rosters. These are the players I grew up watching.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #20
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't used all the teams yet but I'm happy with the minor differences I've seen in a few RB's and QB's on the field. I love how running with the guy for Kansas City named Okoye feels compaired to running with Dunn of the Bucs.

Dunn had this great burst of acceleration when ever I was able to get outside on a run and turn the corner. With Okoye it was much more difficult to run outside and get big yards. But once I started using him up the middle it was straight butta. I could feel his power after every play when he would fall forward. Dunn on the other hand went down rather easily when ever contact was made and very rarely picked up any yards after contact.

With the QB's I have the passing slider way down and Cunningham still has this amazing arm. Dude was throwing darts down the field then he got hurt and the backup Johnson came in one game and my passes deep felt like they had no power at all.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Playmaker is sooooo awesome at making quality rosters. Too bad he couldn't make a 00's Roster file. These teams below are certainly worthy:

06 Bears Urlacher
05 Bengals... Palmer to #85
05 Broncos
04 Chargers LT
03 Chiefs Priest and that awesome O Line
04 Eagles... McNabb to #81, Dawkins blowing up people
04 Falcons... Young Michael Vick
07 Giants... Strahan
07 Packers... Farve's last year as a Cheesehead
03 Panthers... Cardiac Cats
04 Patriots... Belicheck's Best Defensive Unit
02 Raiders... MVP Rich Gannon
06 Ravens Young Ray Lewis and Ed Reed
08 Saints Saints Finest Hour
05 Seahawks
04 Steelers... Big Ben

Vikings, Bucs, Colts, Jets, Rams, and Titans rosters have early 00's teams that are too similar to the 90's teams already featured. With the exception of a few players here and there you could just copy over those late 90's teams over to the 2000's

Last edited by mo2thewillyo; 06-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

You would be wise to post this over at his thread at the other site. He cannot post here (banned) so if you want information to get to him, please post there. PM me for the information as I will not post the site or thread here at OS.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #23
Rookie

ugh what happened to a roster update? Almost been a month and we haven't gotten anything new from Playmakers. Been looking over and over at his site and NOTHING has come out.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #24
Pro

MKharsh hope you put out a new version of Playmakers 90's roster this week

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »