Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
It's time for a new classic roster

It's been awfully quiet here in terms of classic rosters. I've feared in recent months we've seen our last classic roster for last gen Madden. Fear not.

As they say if you want something done sometimes you have to do it yourself.

Im holding a vote for what year everyone wants to see done. Obviously, I wont be doing any year that has already been done.

Any interest in this? What year do you all want to see?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

If you are doing a specific year, something from the 2000's. You can import many game faces and more gamers would recognize the players from the 2000's so it should get more play. It's also easier to research the more current players.

If you are talking m15/m16 for 360 and want to do a roster with the best team for a specific year, I'd be willing to contribute what I already have done and at least 4 more if you go that route. I have 11 teams and nearly 12 already made using pro football reference AV as a ratings guide. 89Sf, 90La, 91Det, 95Dal, 98Den, 99Stl, 02Tb, 04Phi, 06Sd, 06Ind, 07Ne and working on 09No. I started this last year and never got around to finishing it. 90La and 91Det were converted mainly from Playmaker's roster and 89Sf and 95Dal I imported more than a few from him also. 99Stl was made by Xbox user Titanic Freak and heavily edited by me. The others I made mainly or completely on my own with some imports from others rosters from what I can remember. I tried to give the players Donny Moore like ratings with 7-10 90+ overall players per team. I quit because it was taking me 5-6 hours per team. The goal was to make one of the best squads for each team that appeared in madden.

If you have M15 for 360 and want to check it out, Gamertag WretchedOrc6, roster MaddenClassics.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-07-2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: credited the wrong roster creator
Old 04-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
If you are doing a specific year, something from the 2000's. You can import many game faces and more gamers would recognize the players from the 2000's so it should get more play. It's also easier to research the more current players.

If you are talking m15/m16 for 360 and want to do a roster with the best team for a specific year, I'd be willing to contribute what I already have done and at least 4 more if you go that route. I have 11 teams and nearly 12 already made using pro football reference AV as a ratings guide. 89Sf, 90La, 91Det, 95Dal, 98Den, 99Stl, 02Tb, 04Phi, 06Sd, 06Ind, 07Ne and working on 09No. I started this last year and never got around to finishing it. 90La and 91Det were converted mainly from Playmaker's roster and 89Sf and 95Dal I imported more than a few from him also. 99Stl was made by Xbox user Titanic Freak and heavily edited by me. The others I made mainly or completely on my own with some imports from others rosters from what I can remember. I tried to give the players Donny Moore like ratings with 7-10 90+ overall players per team. I quit because it was taking me 5-6 hours per team. The goal was to make one of the best squads for each team that appeared in madden.

If you have M15 for 360 and want to check it out, Gamertag WretchedOrc6, roster MaddenClassics.
They will be year specific, and you lost me at "rating players like Donny Moore"
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #4
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

If you choose a year where I have a team already created, feel free to import that team into your roster if you wish. Donny Moore did the Madden ratings for the past decade and left Ea last year. M16 is the first Madden in 10 years where Donny is not the sole person responsible for the player ratings. He was known as the Madden ratings czar.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-07-2016 at 05:23 PM. Reason: ratings czar not guru
Old 04-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #5
MVP

I am doing these rosters for Madden 25, with the Madden 12 Editor

Some questions for someone trying to make new classic rosters that dont crash

What is with the two overalls? Do they have to match up? Does it matter? I see one updates with ratings changes, others don't

Is there any way in the editor to highlight say, 20 in a row, and change it to a certain value?

Are there any other known issues to avoid when editing to avoid issues?

How do the roles work? Is there a point in filling these out?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
I am doing these rosters for Madden 25, with the Madden 12 Editor

Some questions for someone trying to make new classic rosters that dont crash

What is with the two overalls? Do they have to match up? Does it matter? I see one updates with ratings changes, others don't

Is there any way in the editor to highlight say, 20 in a row, and change it to a certain value?

Are there any other known issues to avoid when editing to avoid issues?

How do the roles work? Is there a point in filling these out?

Thanks
1. One is the in game overall, the one that is changing in the editor is the true overall. For instance a 99 overall player most of the time is really a 105 overall because the ratings are far more than say a one point jump from 98 to 99. They don't have to match but in game you will want to go to edit then press start to get the in game overall to accurately display.

2. I don't know a way to highlight multiple rows in the editor but you can export the entire roster to a CSV file and open in excel and change multiple ratings in there. Then import the entire roster back into the editor to see your changes. Make sure the roster has the same number of players when you export and import the roster to a CSV. IE: Don't add or delete players in the Excel spreadsheet.

3. The only known issues that I am aware of is if you import players from a different roster, particularly from any Madden that is not M25, is to leave the player in free agency then sign them in game to avoid ghost players. Also if you edit existing players most star players and some recent 1st round picks have audio that is directly tied to their player Id, no matter if you change the base audio. It is best to change a star player to a low overall player to avoid hearing Julius Peppers in on the tackle when you changed him to Deacon Jones for instance. Also the dev trait is linked to player Id. You might want to Google M25 dev trait players if you don't want to give a 60 overall player Superstar development.

4. I'm not sure what you mean by roles? I haven't played an older Madden in a while and you would need to clarify to jog my memory. On M15/M16 they have Scheme and Style. For instance a LB that is suited for a 3-4 base defense scheme and has a 3-4 pass rusher style is tied to player ID. The default create a player gets Balanced scheme and Balanced style on offense. On defense it is 4-3 balanced scheme and Balanced style.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...or-v1-168.html Check Xananthols post with the spoiler to see a list of what the headers mean when you export the roster and open in Excel.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-07-2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added link to page 168 in Xanathol's thread
Old 04-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #7
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

I don't own M25 but if Roles weren't part of the game you want to leave it as no role. They might have brought them back for M12 after having them in one of the mid 2000 Madden's. These were mainly used for trade value. Like a player with a 1st round pick role had an increased trade value of 10-20%. I think it was Madden 2007 when they were 1st introduced but I'm not sure. I just hopped on the editor and saw the Role and Icon buttons.

To correct myself from earlier, if you are importing players from another roster you always want to assign them as free agents and sign them in game or you will have ghost players. If you end up with a ghost player, release them either in game or with the editor but resign them in game to correct it. If you just assign the imports to free agency to begin with and then sign them in game you will never have a ghost.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-08-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
I don't own M25 but if Roles weren't part of the game you want to leave it as no role. They might have brought them back for M12 after having them in one of the mid 2000 Madden's. These were mainly used for trade value. Like a player with a 1st round pick had an increased trade value of 10-20%. I think it was Madden 2007 when they were 1st introduced but I'm not sure. I just hopped on the editor and saw the Role and Icon buttons.

To correct myself from earlier, if you are importing players from another roster you always want to assign them as free agents and sign them? in game or you will have ghost players. If you end up with a ghost player, release and resign them in game to correct it. If you just assign the imports to free agency to begin with and then sign them in game you will never have a ghost.
Thank you for all the insight! I'm using the madden 12 editor for these classic madden 25 rosters.

Two more if you don't mind

Is there a way to edit schedules, stadiums, etc?

-I see there are draft classes out there for 1987-2015. How do I go about applying these, or editing these?

Last edited by Culture Rot; 04-08-2016 at 10:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »