Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #25
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Please do a roster from 1999-2001, preferably 2001 with guys like Vick, Brees and LT as rookies. I've been looking all over for a roster from those years for M25 PS3 and I can't find anything in such a classic era of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #26
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
You said there's no point in editing contracts in the editor because the game will sort it right? Sometimes I import/replace in players who have all 0's for example and I wonder if I should take the time to give them a base salary.

Is durability and stamina not editable in the editor? They seem to be missing for me

What classic roster are you working on if you don't mind me asking?
1. The salary CAP in Cfm (franchise mode) should sort itself out, not the individual player contracts. You still need to give the players a salary.

2. I'm not at home so I can't check the editor right now and give you a definitive answer. If it's in the editor, it would be near the end of the categories near kick accuracy. If not, you can edit it in game or when you export the entire roster to CSV. If you can't figure out what the header is, set a few players to a certain number, like 8 stamina/durability in game and check the exported CSV to find the number and you will know the header category.

3. I'm making the best of Madden like I mentioned in an earlier post. 89Sf, 95Dal, 99Stl, 06Ind, 09NO, etc. for M15/M16 on 360 because there are zero classic rosters for either game. If I get lucky, M17 will have the same file structure as M15 and M16 and I will be able to port it to M17 in August. I already have 100's of other players ported from other Madden's to load into free agency for teams/years that I didn't make.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
Please do a roster from 1999-2001, preferably 2001 with guys like Vick, Brees and LT as rookies. I've been looking all over for a roster from those years for M25 PS3 and I can't find anything in such a classic era of football.

I am already started on 1988, but I may be able to do that next
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
1. The salary CAP in Cfm (franchise mode) should sort itself out, not the individual player contracts. You still need to give the players a salary.

2. I'm not at home so I can't check the editor right now and give you a definitive answer. If it's in the editor, it would be near the end of the categories near kick accuracy. If not, you can edit it in game or when you export the entire roster to CSV. If you can't figure out what the header is, set a few players to a certain number, like 8 stamina/durability in game and check the exported CSV to find the number and you will know the header category.

3. I'm making the best of Madden like I mentioned in an earlier post. 89Sf, 95Dal, 99Stl, 06Ind, 09NO, etc. for M15/M16 on 360 because there are zero classic rosters for either game. If I get lucky, M17 will have the same file structure as M15 and M16 and I will be able to port it to M17 in August. I already have 100's of other players ported from other Madden's to load into free agency for teams/years that I didn't make.
That's surprising, since the players I'm importing from a working non freeze roster seem to not have salaries in some cases. But I will now go through these and make sure everyone has a salary. This will probably slow the progress down quite a bit. Is there a suggested base salary I should give? In your opinion?

My method has been

Exporting players from 1990 mod by position and putting into corresponding folder

Then going into the 1988 roster, and importing or replacing one by one sorted by position.

Then of course I will have to do ratings and equipment.

I still wish there was more mass editing functionality.

Good luck with your roster
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 04-13-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #29
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
That's surprising, since the players I'm importing from a working non freeze roster seem to not have salaries in some cases. But I will now go through these and make sure everyone has a salary. This will probably slow the progress down quite a bit. Is there a suggested base salary I should give? In your opinion?

My method has been

Exporting players from 1990 mod by position and putting into corresponding folder

Then going into the 1988 roster, and importing or replacing one by one sorted by position.

Then of course I will have to do ratings and equipment.

I still wish there was more mass editing functionality.

Good luck with your roster
I think it does assign a small one year contract amount to a player with no salary in Cfm. When you said sort it out, I took it to mean that you thought the game would give the players contracts on a sliding scale based on overalls. Any player in a roster that has a zero contract that you import to a roster will ghost on you. If you see players with a zero contract in a roster that work, there are 2 reasons why. 1. The player was already part of the base roster and the original roster creator edited that player. 2. The player was imported, signed in game then either released or assigned a zero salary after the fact.

Fixing contracts is simple if you are viewing them in game. Sort the players by salary then change the contracts that have a zero contract. If your console and PC are in different rooms, take a picture of the players so you know who to edit. It takes me around 10-20 seconds to edit a contract via the editor if I'm assigning a random salary.

When I do a random contract I give the player a $1 mil 3 year contract. I usually vary the contracts a bit but I always use round numbers. I try to give either low contract amounts or a high signing bonus so the CPU won't cut the player. Ex:

Years 3
Years Remaining 3
Current Salary 100 ($1 mil)
Total salary 300
Total Bonus 0
Year 1 Salary 100
Year 2 Salary 100
Year 3 Salary 100

Bonus per year is 0 since I assigned no bonus money. You can also do this last after you have done the roster. It doesn't matter. If you check the roster in game to find the zero contracts then use the editor to fix, it should only take 30-60 minutes at the most to fix everyone. If you are only using the editor contract screen, double the amount of time.

Note that I'm not an editor guru since I have only been using it for a year. My advice is based on my M15 editing experience and should apply to other Madden's in theory. You will need to do some base testing on your own to find out if anything is different on M25.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-13-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #30
MVP

Exclamation Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Quote:

Note that I'm not an editor guru since I have only been using it for a year..

Agree to disagree
Old 04-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
I think it does assign a small one year contract amount to a player with no salary in Cfm. When you said sort it out, I took it to mean that you thought the game would give the players contracts on a sliding scale based on overalls. Any player in a roster that has a zero contract that you import to a roster will ghost on you. If you see players with a zero contract in a roster that work, there are 2 reasons why. 1. The player was already part of the base roster and the original roster creator edited that player. 2. The player was imported, signed in game then either released or assigned a zero salary after the fact.

Fixing contracts is simple if you are viewing them in game. Sort the players by salary then change the contracts that have a zero contract. If your console and PC are in different rooms, take a picture of the players so you know who to edit. It takes me around 10-20 seconds to edit a contract via the editor if I'm assigning a random salary.

When I do a random contract I give the player a $1 mil 3 year contract. I usually vary the contracts a bit but I always use round numbers. I try to give either low contract amounts or a high signing bonus so the CPU won't cut the player. Ex:

Years 3
Years Remaining 3
Current Salary 100 ($1 mil)
Total salary 300
Total Bonus 0
Year 1 Salary 100
Year 2 Salary 100
Year 3 Salary 100

Bonus per year is 0 since I assigned no bonus money. You can also do this last after you have done the roster. It doesn't matter. If you check the roster in game to find the zero contracts then use the editor to fix, it should only take 30-60 minutes at the most to fix everyone. If you are only using the editor contract screen, double the amount of time.

Note that I'm not an editor guru since I have only been using it for a year. My advice is based on my M15 editing experience and should apply to other Madden's in theory. You will need to do some base testing on your own to find out if anything is different on M25.
I just found an amazing thing in the editor that cut the 30-60 min time down into 5 seconds.

"Set Min Contracts"

I clicked that, and all players who had 0, have a min contract set

1 yr

31 salary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #32
MVP

Question (for anyone)

Are ratings univesal regarldess of position? Is a 90 speed a 90 speed? Or is a 90 WR faster than a 90 TE, or a 90 CB faster than a 90 DL. I know in the past Madden had some wonky scale for these things...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »