Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
Have you checked out Playmakers 90's roster? The equipment and likeness are top notch. While I had to adjust a bunch of player ratings upwards to my liking, he put a lot of research into his ratings. Ratings are subjective though. Take Jerry Rice for example, Playmakers gave him a 79 speed rating, Madden gives him a 96 speed rating and I gave him a 90 speed rating on the classic roster that I'm working on. He ran somewhere between a 4.6-4.7 40 yard dash but he played faster than that on the field so I have him boosted higher than what his 40 would indicate. I'm not sure if the roster was converted to PS3 though. Even if it wasn't, you could still copy the ratings, gear and appearance for some players that you need help with. I downloaded only 3 or so classic rosters on here and that was the only one that really stood out.

Thanks for checking out the rosters....

and yes I do agree ratings are subjective but on that file I tried to stick with the true #'s I was able to research for most players NFL combine #'s or any physical attributes I was able to find regarding their speed, strength and vertical ratings....

So by doing that sticking with the true combine #'s or scouting reports I located Rice's 79 speed was pretty accurate and I couldn't boost him up on that file because Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders based on the same scouting reports needed to have separation from all other players 99 speed....

How ever if you look at Rice overall rating he was still the highest rated Wr in the game at 99 overall mainly because his acceleration, route running and catching all off set his speed rating making him still dangerous on the field.

I might also add on that file your going to see tons of LB's and even some DB's in the low 70's for speed so the overall scale back of the speed ratings might appear to make Rice slow but when compaired to many others you'll see his 79 speed is way ahead of many other players on the file just not elite like a Deion, Darrell Green or Bo Jackson types....

Speaking of Rice here's a short video of his 49ers in action on that file

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 04-28-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 3

Thanks for the insight playmakers. Id be happy to use your player ratings, but there are too many missing players in this 1987- season I am doing that aren't in your 90s rosters so it throws the scale off a bit.

Also, how come long sleeve styles can't be assigned in the editor?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #43
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Thanks for checking out the rosters....

and yes I do agree ratings are subjective but on that file I tried to stick with the true #'s I was able to research for most players NFL combine #'s or any physical attributes I was able to find regarding their speed, strength and vertical ratings....

So by doing that sticking with the true combine #'s or scouting reports I located Rice's 79 speed was pretty accurate and I couldn't boost him up on that file because Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders based on the same scouting reports needed to have separation from all other players 99 speed....

How ever if you look at Rice overall rating he was still the highest rated Wr in the game at 99 overall mainly because his acceleration, route running and catching all off set his speed rating making him still dangerous on the field.

I might also add on that file your going to see tons of LB's and even some DB's in the low 70's for speed so the overall scale back of the speed ratings might appear to make Rice slow but when compaired to many others you'll see his 79 speed is way ahead of many other players on the file just not elite like a Deion, Darrell Green or Bo Jackson types....

Speaking of Rice here's a short video of his 49ers in action on that file
I wasn't knocking your ratings. I thought you did a fantastic job. Latinoheat is importing players into his roster and your ratings are likely quite different then all the other players he already has in his roster so it could cause him to have to adjust a ton of players to match what he already has done if he imports from your roster.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
I wasn't knocking your ratings. I thought you did a fantastic job. Latinoheat is importing players into his roster and your ratings are likely quite different then all the other players he already has in his roster so it could cause him to have to adjust a ton of players to match what he already has done if he imports from your roster.
I didn't take it that way at all......

I was agreeing with you that the ratings are subjective based on the roster maker and what direction he wants to go on ratings for a overall file.

Based on my experience with ratings you tend to get better player separation in EA's games when you use a reduced ratings scale....

Now me personally even though these are classic teams I try to keep in mind that not all players on the classic rosters are great....

So I tend to limit the amount of 90+ overall players on each team in order to still make sure there are both strengths and weaknesses to every squad

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #45
MVP

Thanks playmakers;.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 05-05-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #46
MVP

It may not be an exact formula to playmakers, but I'm definitely using a decreased rating scale
Old 05-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #47
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sticking with EA ratings with 6-10 90+ overall players per team on mine. I might edit the ratings a little lower when I finish it but this is pretty much how it's going to look. Here's a few examples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160515_150206_572.jpg (556.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160515_150130_827.jpg (568.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160515_150118_373.jpg (571.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160515_150008_817.jpg (576.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160515_150101_332.jpg (579.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by rplatypus; 05-15-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #48
MVP

Yeah those look "right" in my opinion

Rplat, how are you editing stamina and durability? I can't find a way for these in the editor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »