Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
When you export and import an entire roster, you will lose anything from the previous roster. For example if you were working on the 1988 roster and imported the entire 1990 roster, all the work on the 1988 roster would be erased and you would now be working from the 1990 roster. If you want individual players imported into the 1988 roster from the 1990 roster, you would have to export the players individually from the 1990 roster then import them into the 1988 roster.

When you go to export all players, you should have to name the CSV file that it creates. After that you can open the editor with a different roster with the same number of players as the roster that you exported and import all players and have the exported roster appear. For instance I exported all the players from the M16 roster and named the file. I then opened the editor with a M15 roster that had the same number of players and imported the M16 roster so that I had the M16 roster for Madden 15.

Unless you are trying to import an entire roster to a different game, you are best off just importing players individually from another roster. Also if you import more than around 500 players from another roster, fantasy draft will no longer work completely unless you change the player Id's to reflect the players you deleted from the default M25 roster. If you use the replace player option instead of just importing, fantasy draft will continue to work. If you are looking for more details about fantasy draft and player Id's, click my username and search my posts for a more detailed answer. I'm using my phone right now so it is difficult to copy and paste.
To clarify--

-It's best to Individually Replace rather than Indivdually Import, when possible?

-Importing Individually doesn't cause freezing or bugs however?

-What happens after mass importing etc reworks an entire roster? Is it best to make the roster moves in game, and then do work in the editor? Like having all the imports as free agents? Or is it okay to just assign teams in the editor? I'm afraid of causing issues with the contracts or budgets for example. Or will the game just sort itself out depth chart wise?

If this is true, I will take players from 1990, and import one by one into 1988, etc.

Thanks so much. I am getting closer and closer to being able to release something
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #18
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
To clarify--

-It's best to Individually Replace rather than Indivdually Import, when possible?

-Importing Individually doesn't cause freezing or bugs however?

-What happens after mass importing etc reworks an entire roster? Is it best to make the roster moves in game, and then do work in the editor? Like having all the imports as free agents? Or is it okay to just assign teams in the editor? I'm afraid of causing issues with the contracts or budgets for example. Or will the game just sort itself out depth chart wise?

If this is true, I will take players from 1990, and import one by one into 1988, etc.

Thanks so much. I am getting closer and closer to being able to release something
1. Replacing instead of importing automatically changes the original Id and player Id to one that is already in M25, so it will allow fantasy draft to continue to work. The game looks at it like you just edited a current player. It may change the player you are importing to the team of the player you replaced though. If you change the team to free agency, then sign the player in game this won't matter anyways.

2. Importing individually won't cause any bugs or glitches as long as you assign the player to free agency and then sign them in game. Not everyone that you assign to a team that you imported from another roster will ghost in game but it is much easier to assign them to free agency in the editor than going into Play Now and seeing gaps in the depth chart and then releasing and resigning players in game to fix whatever ghosts might appear.

3. As long as you sign a player from free agency in game, that player can't ghost on you anymore. You can assign them a 12 overall rating without changing any other stats, then sign them in game for a 1 year minimum contract. Then go to the player in game and choose edit player and the real overall will appear. Just press start to save the player with the correct overall appearing in game now. A 75 overall is the lowest you can give someone to have them sign a 3 year contract in game.

The game should sort out the CFM salary cap on its own but the salary cap from the main menu page you control by releasing and resigning players in game and with the editor. Any salary you assign in the editor won't count towards the main menu cap. You can always assign a player in the editor for say $30 million then release in game to create an additional $30 mil in cap room in the main menu page. Be careful not to release enough players to create say $100 mil in cap room in the main menu page. You can glitch the roster. I try to never have more than $70 mil in cap room available from the main menu page. I release players in game then sign them in game to avoid ghosts and salary cap issues. You can always go back into the editor and change the contracts after you signed the player in game.

Remember to always have a backup to your work. Multiple backups are best. I save the roster with the date I'm working on it then save tomorrows date and work on that one the next day in case I have any problems. This allows you to only have to go back one or two days and fix an irrevocable error without having to trash the roster. Releasing to many players in game is an irrevocable error that will cause a team to have -$146 mil in cap room. I forgot to mention the salary cap thing earlier but it is the ONE error that can destroy a roster. It's the only error I know that can do it. This glitch has been in every Madden for at least the past 7 years. So just sign and release players in game initially and you will never have it happen.

If I didn't answer something in your 3rd question please restate it. If you can, try to number the questions so it's easier to answer. I use my phone a bunch for web surfing and it's difficult to scroll up and down, paste, etc. Numbers make it easier to just give a response without having to restate the question. Thx.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-10-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
1. Replacing instead of importing automatically changes the original Id and player Id to one that is already in M25, so it will allow fantasy draft to continue to work. The game looks at it like you just edited a current player. It may change the player you are importing to the team of the player you replaced though. If you change the team to free agency, then sign the player in game this won't matter anyways.

2. Importing individually won't cause any bugs or glitches as long as you assign the player to free agency and then sign them in game. Not everyone that you assign to a team that you imported from another roster will ghost in game but it is much easier to assign them to free agency in the editor than going into Play Now and seeing gaps in the depth chart and then releasing and resigning players in game to fix whatever ghosts might appear.

3. As long as you sign a player from free agency in game, that player can't ghost on you anymore. You can assign them a 12 overall rating without changing any other stats, then sign them in game for a 1 year minimum contract. Then go to the player in game and choose edit player and the real overall will appear. Just press start to save the player with the correct overall appearing in game now. A 75 overall is the lowest you can give someone to have them sign a 3 year contract in game.

The game should sort out the CFM salary cap on its own but the salary cap from the main menu page you control by releasing and resigning players in game and with the editor. Any salary you assign in the editor won't count towards the main menu cap. You can always assign a player in the editor for say $30 million then release in game to create an additional $30 mil in cap room in the main menu page. Be careful not to release enough players to create say $100 mil in cap room in the main menu page. You can glitch the roster. I try to never have more than $70 mil in cap room available from the main menu page. I release players in game then sign them in game to avoid ghosts and salary cap issues. You can always go back into the editor and change the contracts after you signed the player in game.

Remember to always have a backup to your work. Multiple backups are best. I save the roster with the date I'm working on it then save tomorrows date and work on that one the next day in case I have any problems. This allows you to only have to go back one or two days and fix an irrevocable error without having to trash the roster. Releasing to many players in game is an irrevocable error that will cause a team to have -$146 mil in cap room. I forgot to mention the salary cap thing earlier but it is the ONE error that can destroy a roster. It's the only error I know that can do it. This glitch has been in every Madden for at least the past 7 years. So just sign and release players in game initially and you will never have it happen.

If I didn't answer something in your 3rd question please restate it. If you can, try to number the questions so it's easier to answer. I use my phone a bunch for web surfing and it's difficult to scroll up and down, paste, etc. Numbers make it easier to just give a response without having to restate the question. Thx.
Thanks!

i think i will try

1) simply importing over existing players. For example, a player that was drafted in 1988 for the Bears over the player from the 1986 bears that retired. I will do that for as many instances as I can, and then probably sign some random Free agents where needed, then import through the editor over those.

Or

2) just editor import all new players into free agents, then sign via the game

Any import of which of the two options are best in terms of being least time consuming and not glotching the roster? I think I just talked myself into the second

LASTLY--are there any resources available that show what's behind the numbers in the editors? Like cyber face lists, and photo ids specifically. Similar to his nfl2k5rosters website has for that editor

Hopefully I can get this roster done before stepping on one of the many mines that exist.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #20
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Thanks!

i think i will try

1) simply importing over existing players. For example, a player that was drafted in 1988 for the Bears over the player from the 1986 bears that retired. I will do that for as many instances as I can, and then probably sign some random Free agents where needed, then import through the editor over those.

Or

2) just editor import all new players into free agents, then sign via the game

Any import of which of the two options are best in terms of being least time consuming and not glotching the roster? I think I just talked myself into the second

LASTLY--are there any resources available that show what's behind the numbers in the editors? Like cyber face lists, and photo ids specifically. Similar to his nfl2k5rosters website has for that editor

Hopefully I can get this roster done before stepping on one of the many mines that exist.
Whatever you do is going to take time. At some point if you are just importing players and not replacing them, you will have to start deleting players when you reach 2994 players on the roster (not sure of the exact number, it's something around 2994 I think).

Here's some face resources. Note that head and face are 2 separate things. I included an attachment with player faces you can view but I don't know how accurate it is as I have never used it. This is included in the EA DB editor download.

http://www.operationsports.com/Gman%...er-cyberfaces/

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ke-thread.html
Attached Files
File Type: rar Faces.rar (774.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Whatever you do is going to take time. At some point if you are just importing players and not replacing them, you will have to start deleting players when you reach 2994 players on the roster (not sure of the exact number, it's something around 2994 I think).

Here's some face resources. Note that head and face are 2 separate things. I included an attachment with player faces you can view but I don't know how accurate it is as I have never used it. This is included in the EA DB editor download.

http://www.operationsports.com/Gman%...er-cyberfaces/

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ke-thread.html
Thank you. When this roster is done, your name will be first in the credits

Do you have any info on how draft classes work? I have a folder full of year to year .csv's---but what do I do with them to make hte game load the proper one. For example, 1989 after 1988

Also, is there no wa yto make the editor mass generate individually .csv files? I can only get it to make a file of every player on the roster, or have to go through one by one and click export. I feel like im missing something that I cant just drag the mouse down and highlight multiple players

What in the the world is Pad DEFINITION?

Last edited by Culture Rot; 04-11-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #22
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:

I havent used the editors for the PS3/360 gen games (mostly because i just never got into that generation of football games sadly) but I do know a lot of the database table ids carried over from the previous gen. Take a look at http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Datab...ld_definitions for some examples. I also would recommend taking a look at the pre-made XML file that is included in the NCAA 14 Generic Editor which has a list of a bunch of table/column ids and what they mean. They should be very similar to Maddens.

Last edited by antdroid; 04-12-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #23
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Thank you. When this roster is done, your name will be first in the credits

Do you have any info on how draft classes work? I have a folder full of year to year .csv's---but what do I do with them to make hte game load the proper one. For example, 1989 after 1988

Also, is there no wa yto make the editor mass generate individually .csv files? I can only get it to make a file of every player on the roster, or have to go through one by one and click export. I feel like im missing something that I cant just drag the mouse down and highlight multiple players

What in the the world is Pad DEFINITION?
Credit doesn't matter. You got me working on my classic roster again which is thanks enough. I finished 5 teams this week which brings me to a total of 16. Half way to finishing a roster I started in July of 2015.

I only buy Madden every odd year and draft classes were implemented in M12 so I can't help with that. I would try PM'ing someone that is still active on Op Sports that made a hexed roster on last gen but has now moved on to Xbox1/PS4 if nobody answers it. You might have to search the forum for the past 3 years to find an answer.

I'm pretty sure Xanathol didn't include the option to mass highlight in the editor itself. I go to Actions tab, All Players, Export and do mass edits in the Csv file. You can right click anywhere in the player area in the editor to create a New Player with 65 ratings across the board. If you want to select a team or position or years pro, you can do a mass edit in the editor by using the filters. For instance I just finished creating the 92 Bills and I gave them all a 4 Kick Accuracy rating so I could find and sign them easier in free agency after importing them from another roster. I set the filter to the Bills, Actions tab, Mass, Set Attribute, Kick Accuracy, then set the value to 4.

Pad definition and pad size should be the width and height of the shoulder pads. If you go to edit a player in game, you will see an option to increase the size of the pads. I use the editor for things I can't change in game or that are difficult to change in game.

And the link I posted to page 168 in Xanathol's thread shows what the definitions mean in the Csv files. They should be the same or very similar to the madden wikia link Minotauri just provided.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-11-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Credit doesn't matter. You got me working on my classic roster again which is thanks enough. I finished 5 teams this week which brings me to a total of 16. Half way to finishing a roster I started in July of 2015.

I only buy Madden every odd year and draft classes were implemented in M12 so I can't help with that. I would try PM'ing someone that is still active on Op Sports that made a hexed roster on last gen but has now moved on to Xbox1/PS4 if nobody answers it. You might have to search the forum for the past 3 years to find an answer.

I'm pretty sure Xanathol didn't include the option to mass highlight in the editor itself. I go to Actions tab, All Players, Export and do mass edits in the Csv file. You can right click anywhere in the player area in the editor to create a New Player with 65 ratings across the board. If you want to select a team or position or years pro, you can do a mass edit in the editor by using the filters. For instance I just finished creating the 92 Bills and I gave them all a 4 Kick Accuracy rating so I could find and sign them easier in free agency after importing them from another roster. I set the filter to the Bills, Actions tab, Mass, Set Attribute, Kick Accuracy, then set the value to 4.

Pad definition and pad size should be the width and height of the shoulder pads. If you go to edit a player in game, you will see an option to increase the size of the pads. I use the editor for things I can't change in game or that are difficult to change in game.

And the link I posted to page 168 in Xanathol's thread shows what the definitions mean in the Csv files. They should be the same or very similar to the madden wikia link Minotauri just provided.

You said there's no point in editing contracts in the editor because the game will sort it right? Sometimes I import/replace in players who have all 0's for example and I wonder if I should take the time to give them a base salary.

Is durability and stamina not editable in the editor? They seem to be missing for me

What classic roster are you working on if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Culture Rot; 04-12-2016 at 08:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »