Home

NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #49
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

Im digging them with some tweaks

Passing...Ive switched to 38(With 12 accuracy I went 13 the other way from default All-Madden with WRC to 38)

^^I saw a lot of my receivers not attacking the ball with his setting...and with the less than responsive User Y catch this year..the increase really helped but not too much IMO

Reaction time in the Passing D was moved to 55...Granted the Steelers D is Nasty but I think it feels good even with the drop

Im not seeing the ineffective pass rush either...Blitzburgh is in full effect for me...Ive had to save a couple of my nastier stunt sacks
Pass Rush at 12 Seems fair enough to me...

Also log in some hours with Practice Mode adjusting to what feels good for you. I love the base hes given thus far

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #50
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

The sliders are not bad, they are really challenging and I don't have a problem with that. As for the running, you might want to notch it up a bit for blocking since the O line doesn't seem to block all too well. In order to get a successful run you need to use the sprint. Believe it or not, if you don't get to the line in time, your going to lose yards or not make it pass the line at all. Sprint is really important when you get the ball because it allows you to get pass defenders. If you have a FB blocking, wait for sprint and use it once he makes contact. If your in a single back formation, sprint right away to get pass defenders and spin.

I also agree with the passing how the defense reads everything. I've also noticed that the specific plays I've chosen for my team work really well.

Singleback
Ace
Pa Roll Rt
Lead Block Right, roll out to your right and pass to A or Y. Works almost 99% of the time.

Singleback
Ace
Inside Cross
Lead Block Left, Hot Route Y Slant Left, after snap nudge QB to left hash mark or beyond and gun to X if open. If X is not open, find A. Normally you will find X open in the center of the field. You must gun the ball to X before he reaches the center of the hash marks or else he will be doubled. Works almost everytime.

It's plays like these that will allow you to exploit good sliders and make them look bad. As for the passing game using NJPapi's sliders, I make them look bad. The running game still needs work.

Last edited by Ankido; 08-14-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #51
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
The running game still needs work.

They feel pretty good to me

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

FWP and Rashard are burners though....are the slower backs really that awful

Also I like Using the LBC and engaging with an DE...press A a couple of times(maybe placebo) and then switch to my RB

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-14-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #52
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

This was what i was talking about when I said some nasty stunts

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

Also Im sure Papi would preach this...use the press(Y then down on left stick) to get your coverage sacks

I don't employ that too much because the Steelers run a zone blitz scheme (Press Ratings lower)

But the Eagles,Ravens,Packers should be nasty with that

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-15-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 8

these sliders are great. NJPapi you always do a good job with these and tons of people appreciate your work. I have only noticed one big problem.

It seems that backups do not get enough snaps. I think the sub in sub out sliders need some work. I think the Out needs to be a LOT higher because i have not seen any rotation on the oline and RBs only seem to be switched if they are the 3rd down back or if the starter gets injured i think i'm going to try all the OUTs around 90 and see if i get some more subs tomor.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Kickoff power needs to be increased from 45 I think

I played 3 games with the Colts and every KO from Vinatieri was received at the 15/16yrd mark, which means that is a KO of 54/55 yards. In 2007, he averaged 65 yards on KO's
Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #55
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie
Kickoff power needs to be increased from 45 I think

I played 3 games with the Colts and every KO from Vinatieri was received at the 15/16yrd mark, which means that is a KO of 54/55 yards. In 2007, he averaged 65 yards on KO's
Yeah I've jacked mine up to 65....Hopefully the 1st patch will do a good job fine tuning the STs

My CFB Teams:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #56
Rookie

Frythatchicken's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't post much but I have been playing football vid games since 10 Yard Fight... many younger gamers wont remember that game. Anyway, using Papi's sliders has been awesome but I suggest one thing if you want to truly see how deep this game is:

Play 15 minute quarters. ( USe the play clock to make subs, call hot routes according to def, milk play clock down to under 7 secs like every NFL team actually does. The sim stats are even realistic when doing so)

I'm in it for the long run... I play entire seasons and I don't mind playing twice a week at 15 minutes a quat. since I don't get to play often. Before knocking it, try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »