Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #337
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If a 95 SPD player loses to a 90 - was it AWR? Threshold? ACC? PUR? Randomness (since everything isn't always the same)? DPP? Do the reaction sliders have any impact?
Well if you go to Practice and offense only and Punt, respot the ball abt 1yd line and boot it as far as you can. Those guys are not using pursuit, just acceleration and speed imo.

Pursuit kicks in when the players are actually pursuing a ball carrier and its showing on the video.
And the reason Rocky Mcintosh was out ahead b/c he has higher accerleration 88 to the Wrs 86 and about the time the WR starts getting to his top end speed, thats around the same time the Pursuit begins.

If I put Laron Landry(95spd, 94acc, 90pur) in, he blows past Rocky Mcintosh. I can prove it.
In this test its all about what comparing thresholds 100, 33, and 0. And in these tests.
The main things you see on these test is how threshold effects ACC, SPD. In the Kickoff test its also including Pursuit.
Im thankful my most athletic defenders are pursuing and getting in position to make a tackle more so.

Just wait till you See Landry V. Moss in the 100 threshold test. Guys that assumed that threshold worked like previous Maddens are off. I admit I was one of those guys, until I actually started testing this.
So again, Once you see Landry V. Moss and I will do it w/ 100, 33, and 0 too. If you thought Rocky was pretty fast w/ 88acc and 92 pursuit, wait till you see these burners!

Last edited by dfos81; 10-22-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #338
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Pursuit kicks in when the players are actually pursuing a ball carrier and its showing on the video.
And the reason Rocky Mcintosh was out ahead b/c he has higher accerleration 88 to the Wrs 86 and about the time the WR starts getting to his top end speed, thats around the same time the Pursuit begins.
Two points ACC makes THAT much difference? Sheez. That's also crazy, but I guess with the super-condensed ratings scale Madden uses, it's necessary.

Right - so PUR "becomes" his SPD in that situation.

That explains a lot.

I almost want to see a test with equal ratings EXCEPT PUR and do a kick coverage.

I wonder if that's where threshold kicks in...

-At the "get off" with ACC and whenever going from a standing start/stop-and-start and getting up to top speed in general.

-During PUR, higher PUR ratings pull away more (which may be why high threshold may be more likely to create defensive games, assuming your other sliders are conducive to defense.

Which would explain the turnover "issue". If PUR = Player SPD chasing ball carrier, that's why no one could catch Bowers. Offense has crap PUR so they run like crap, while Bowers is using his SPD. Still a STUPID way to do it. Physical speed doesn't change that way irl.

Of course, this still makes me wonder why there was no change in my games. Perhaps the sliders I have are naturally more "D-favored" so a high threshold isn't necessary *shrug* Who knows.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #339
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll be at the jets game tomorrow, will do some real life "testing", maybe ask the players opinions on thresh great stuff here, might never get rid of m12!
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the sliders man I just cant play on all madden it cheats way to much players warping is a problem on that setting will try the other settings. Also why did you turn off auto sprint is there a reason behind it and at 100 threshold im noticing players not reaching top speeds any feedback well appreciated
Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #341
Banned

dfos81's Arena

100 Threshold= Tighter play, I have a video thats uploading now that has Moss v. Banks
Both have 96spd, But Banks has 98acc which thats were he has Moss beat. Moss is 95acc.

@ 100: Moss would get beat by just a lil bit, which imo is good looking @ there ratings. Very consistent about who wins. Banks

@33: It would be more random, Moss would win some and Banks would and when Banks won, it was by a good yd or, more seperation @ times, not every single time did the threshold cause the seperation.

@0: Similar to 33, they would be about equal or on other Banks would pull away, and then on some Moss would pull away. More seperation but also seeming to be more random.

Which makes perfect sense why on 0 or 33 guys are seeing that 2 or 3 big long run plays, were nobody has a chance to get him, and its got to do with the randomness of when the threshold decides to cause this speed differiential.

I see more consistency w/ 100 threshold imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 03:09 AM   #342
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
100 Threshold= Tighter play, I have a video thats uploading now that has Moss v. Banks
Both have 96spd, But Banks has 98acc which thats were he has Moss beat. Moss is 95acc.

@ 100: Moss would get beat by just a lil bit, which imo is good looking @ there ratings. Very consistent about who wins. Banks

@33: It would be more random, Moss would win some and Banks would and when Banks won, it was by a good yd or, more seperation @ times, not every single time did the threshold cause the seperation.

@0: Similar to 33, they would be about equal or on other Banks would pull away, and then on some Moss would pull away. More seperation but also seeming to be more random.

Which makes perfect sense why on 0 or 33 guys are seeing that 2 or 3 big long run plays, were nobody has a chance to get him, and its got to do with the randomness of when the threshold decides to cause this speed differiential.

I see more consistency w/ 100 threshold imo.

Very interesting.

Wonder why it doesn't seem random or cause randomness to the player's production during when I played the games?

Using your sliders, both 33 and 100 played the same, flowed the same, and both were contested, reasonable scoring (20-14, 24-20) type games. Still have to play match-ups.

Using my sliders - same deal. Production very much the same, scores in the same area, contested back-and-forth games. Still need to worry about mismatches.

33 is random, 100 is consistent, yet production didn't change.

No huge plays either in any of the games. Some big (i.e. 20+ yards) plays, but nothing like 80 yds untouched runs, etc.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #343
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Updated pg 1 after playing a few test gms w/ All-Madden set.

Dropped Cpu Passing to 75pt value= to user
Dropped Cpu Passrush to same
Also improved the CPU rush D.

Kb, to each his own. I just like what Im seeing in gameplay w/ 100 threshold and in the videos posted on pg 1.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #344
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Kb, to each his own. I just like what Im seeing in gameplay w/ 100 threshold and in the videos posted on pg 1.
Just trying to figure stuff out, and wondering why it didn't show up.

Sorry...I'll leave now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »