Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #361
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

So finally got to try out the coaching sliders.. All pro hardcore, normal/100....

Got.My.A$$.handed.to.me.

What on earth did those things do??

I can't stop the run, can't pass the ball... I wasrunning alright though.. Honestly looked like the CPU had psychic DB's tho on 2 outta 3 ints :/

The CPU rb's were like mexican jumping beans they couldn't be stopped
... Comments?

Edit:: animis and gameplay was top notch
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #362
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Prey2..

Those auto subs had miles Austin playing cb.. And starters never subbing back :/
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #363
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
dfos, are you still seeing consistent tackles in your games with the 100 threshold? Have you been testing that theory out with the 100, 33, and 0 threshold? What I have noticed is that on 0, sacks are easier to get, but tackles are spread out.

I've played a few games under 100 and found tackling to be consistent but under the auto sub sliders I suggested before.
Yes, my last game w/ the Hardcore Allpro set was w/ 100threshold and my leading tacklers were Mcintosh, Fletcher, and Kerrigan all tied w/ 9.
Pretty good considering both teams. Both Giants and Skins had about the same T.O.P.
Also, E. Manning threw 63% and I threw 59% w/ Grossman.

M. Manningham had 173yds rec on me mainly b/c I was bringing my S in the box to help stop the run and yes the Wrs will burn you on 100threshold.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #364
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
What on earth did those things do??
Just guessing, but if it made more animations available, and if this game is predicated at least partly on what animations are triggered when players attempt actions/making plays, then it may have opened up more probabilities for the players to have success in what they are doing.

Especially for the CPU if their sliders are higher, which themselves modify the animations that appear.

So the CPU players are possibly triggering "more successful" animations as well as making their reactions less "GO GO GO ALL OUT LET'S GET 'EM" and more "hmm...what is happening here? How should I react?" which is more real football. Read and react is more common than CHARGE and hope I hit something, which is more vulnerable to exposure.

If the CPU is becoming less vulnerable to exposure, reading and react more to the play (maybe making PRC even more expressed) and the CPU players with higher sliders are triggering more successful animations in more situations - that might explain why, even with no other changes, the coaching sliders are having such a profound effect on the game.

Then, with the threshold and depending on various factors, perhaps for your/dfos's sliders, it is making these things stand out. Perhaps for certain personnel and play styles/scheme preferences, it's adding to the challenge, forcing adjustments by Users, both in scheme and execution (stick skills).

Just my guess based on what I'm seeing in my experiences.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #365
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
What game speed are you playing at? At Normal and above, the game just looks EXTREMELY arcade-like. Everyone is flying around, changing directions with disregard to weight or momentum, and it just looks ridiculous. I could see maybe at Slow or Very Slow these effects would be less noticeable, but I just can't play at those speeds. The game feels way too much like I'm playing in slow motion.

I believe dfos always plays on Normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #366
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Interesting theory. I noticed with 100 threshold, Fletcher gets off the line faster than everyone else. Who is #18 again? Fletcher beats 18 off the line.

I've been overdosing on Madden right now, but i'm eager to find out the best gameplay with realistic statistics.

Looking forward to seeing more on what you come up with dfos.
The Hardcore All-Pro set w/ 100 threshold has been giving some great results. Both the LBer and the WR have abt the same acc 88 and 89.

Just check out the WR threshold video test posted earlier and on Pg 1.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #367
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Yeah, all guys have to do is look @ the WR threshold test video if they think Spd and acc doesn't matter on 100. It's posted on previous pg and on pg 1. Appreciate the feedback guys.
The problem I have is it's threshold making up for what should happen based on coverage technique - which is more a gripe at M12 than any threshold.

Whether or not a guy gets burnt should depend more on the two players involved and how one runs routes vs coverage and seeing holes in coverage and adjusting accordingly on the fly, not just on "option route plays".

And, yes, I think a slower player needs to be more perfect in technique. That's why Revis can stay with anyone, his technique. He doesn't "turn up his threshold" or the commish "turn up the threshold" to get Revis to cover better. A DB who runs a 4.9 40 vs a 4.3 WR had BETTER have good technique (or be allowed to live in zone coverage).

I think that's my whole problem. M12 still doesn't capture true coverage technique and its power. It's mostly just "did he beat bump and run, if so BURN THE DB, if not DB IS PSYCHIC" It's...bad, imo.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #368
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_cheeks
has anyone found any changes that need to be made to the hardcore sliders? I tried them out last week and LOVED them, they were exactly what i was looking for. Now with the patch, i don't know how it will turn out. I will be playing again tomorrow but if someone has any info on changes they have seen that would be great.
I didnt change the Hardcore All-Pro set post patch and its still giving me very good games. Gameplay, stats, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »