Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #369
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

100 threshold didnt keep T. Austin from leaving J. Gaffney, test it yourself. And T. Austin was offset from the line, abt a yd behind to start lol.

Test #3 WR Streak threshold testing @ 100, 33, and 0.

The biggest difference in WR Spd and Acc ratings is T. Austin #18 and #10 J. Gaffney
Austin: 93spd 89acc
Gaffney: 83spd 88acc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DWs..._order&list=UL

Moss v A. Armstrong

Moss: 96spd 95acc
Armstrong: 95spd 94acc
So not really much difference in ratings

Good feedback guys, appreciate the info!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #370
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
100 threshold didnt keep T. Austin from leaving J. Gaffney, test it yourself. And T. Austin was offset from the line, abt a yd behind to start lol.
What about coverage?

Does 100 "cover" for the lack of technique in the game or allow technique to show up?

Do you see plays that happen on 100 that are impossible to get on lower thresholds? How much impact is from reaction sliders? or the INT slider? WR catching slider?

Like I said, I'm trying to gather the whole picture in game situations. In my games - I see no differences at all - tried it multiple times, replaying games, etc. So I'm hoping to see it from other folks' games.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #371
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Yes Hardcore All-Pro . The one you edited on the 19th at around 1:30 pst a.m. Those were working great pre coaching and auto sub sliders, but now with those implemented, i'm having pretty good games.

This is good stuff here. With your sliders, the coaching scheme sliders and auto sub implemented, we could have a whole new ball game.
The Hardcore All-Pro set is working the same imo post-patch too. The CPU is still tuff and w/ the 100threshold I've been testing for some days now is allowing my LBs ie. Fletcher, Mcintosh, etc. to get sideline to sideline and whats cool, is its them making these plays CPU controlled, not user. They have the highest Acc and Pursuit, along w/ tackle ratings. So its good to see them standing out w/o any user control.

Now the WRs/TEs can still beat you down field. I just gave up over 150rec yds to the Giants M. Manningham @ 100 threshold lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #372
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What about coverage?

Does 100 "cover" for the lack of technique in the game or allow technique to show up?

Do you see plays that happen on 100 that are impossible to get on lower thresholds? How much impact is from reaction sliders? or the INT slider? WR catching slider?

Like I said, I'm trying to gather the whole picture in game situations. In my games - I see no differences at all - tried it multiple times, replaying games, etc. So I'm hoping to see it from other folks' games.
These are the only video test I have so far.100 threshold didnt keep T. Austin from leaving J. Gaffney, test it yourself. And T. Austin was offset from the line, abt a yd behind to start lol.

Test #3 WR Streak threshold testing @ 100, 33, and 0.

The biggest difference in WR Spd and Acc ratings is T. Austin #18 and #10 J. Gaffney
Austin: 93spd 89acc
Gaffney: 83spd 88acc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DWs..._order&list=UL

Moss v A. Armstrong

Moss: 96spd 95acc
Armstrong: 95spd 94acc
So not really much difference in ratings

Good feedback guys, appreciate the info! Its just showing that 100 threshold doesnt kill speed or acc like some belived. Now I will look forward to posting some videos w/ Coverage involved. Its just helping me prove my point in each new threshold test.
I was surprised @ 1st b/c I thought lower threshold was the best.

So guys will see Threshold test in Spteams, Offense only w/ WRs, and next will be in Coverage Threshold test.

You'll be surprised how smooth and realistic the threshold does @ 100 for coverage and how defenses react.
Now it may be b/c I've fine tuned the All-Pro Hardcore set to allow tighter gameplay to produce realistic gameplay. Also the Coaching Slider tips on pg 1. Really help too.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #373
MVP

OVR: 6

I just had one question. With the coach sliders do I have to both teams coaching sliders or do I just change my sliders? Also do I have start over my franchise and control all teams to do this? thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #374
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
I just had one question. With the coach sliders do I have to both teams coaching sliders or do I just change my sliders? Also do I have start over my franchise and control all teams to do this? thanks
No just user side, it also effects the team your playing. Check out pg 1 w/ the info highlighted in red. Under coaching slider tips.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #375
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tested out the All-Madden sliders the other day & didn't like them. I just don't like the gameplay at all w/ All-Madden settings.

I was the Cowboys & played the Jets & 49ers. In the Jets game I couldn't generate any kind of a pass rush. And I know you won't get to the QB every single play but as soon as I see D Ware get tossed to the ground like a rag doll on consecutive plays, that shows that All-Madden settings are just totally unrealistic.

Next game against the 49ers I turned the CPU pass blk down & was able to generate more realistic pressure on the QB but Alex Smith just went off. Threw 60% for 450 yards & 5 TD & 1 INT. It takes Smith 3 weeks to pass for 450 yards so him looking like Tom Brady is nowhere near realistic imo.

Did a rematch against the 49ers with Hardcore All-Pro & Smith played very poorly although their D played very well and they ran the ball well. I won w/ a final score of 23-10 although due to Smith's bad day the game never really felt close. Gunna play a few more games on Hardcore All-Pro cuz I have the Pats & Eagles coming up soon so I'm hoping Vick & Brady play better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #376
Banned

dfos81's Arena

The Hardcore Allpro set is better overall gameplay imo.

All-Madden set makes it almost impossible to pull off any D pass rush moves. I get dropped to the ground when I do.

I noticed guys using other All-Madden sliders are having the same issues, even after lowering the CPU passblk.

So I'm still a bigger fan of a more advanced All-
Pro set v. All-Madden.

Combine the other areas for gameplay and its really making M12 fun and realistic! Check out pg 1 for more in depth coaching sliders and more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »