Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #4209
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinywailord
Hey its me again Jarrod. I stuck with the green set like you said, and the games did indeed get tougher. I am really liking these sliders. Here is how my season has gone so far

New Orleans 33 Washington 10
New Orleans 20 Carolina 17
New Orleans 35 Kansas City 28
New Orleans 29 Green Bay 40
New Orleans 34 San Diego 17

I usually have little trouble moving the ball. Jimmy Graham is by far my number 1 target, and 5 games in the season he already has over 800 yards receiving. He is usually on a streak up the middle and if I see him with inside positioning I dump it off to him for an easy first down. My run game is getting stuffed most of the time, but I stick with it to keep the time of possession on my side and to set up play action, which I use once in a while. My defense isn't the best, but it's the Saints after all. The only thing that gives me trouble is turnovers, as 3 first half fumbles put me in a hole I couldn't climb out of in Green Bay, and 3 turnovers each in Kansas City and Carolina kept it close. Whereas with the Chargers I did not turn the ball over once and cruised to a victory.

My only real complaint would have to be broken tackles. The AI is breaking at least one tackle a play on average, and quite often they break multiple tackles. Does this just come with playing on All-Madden, cause I didn't think the Saints were THAT bad at tackling.
I told you it would get tougher but it still looks like you are ready to move a few areas to the red set like the CPUs pass defense and the USER accuracy.. You could probably keep all the other areas on the green set..

I'm suprised the CPUs is breaking tackles on you like that with the USER tackling and CPUs breaktackles matched up at 40.. It shouldn't be that bad.. I'm sure most of those breaktackles came in those games against the Chiefs(J.Charles Beast) and the Panthers.

But you should definitely make those changes I told you. Move the CPUs pass defense to the red set and move the USER accuracy to the red set.. Those tweaks should balance the games out some more.. Give it a few games to settle in again or restart that first game about 3 to 4 times before you play to get the sliders to settle in..
Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #4210
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

Qb-5-100
PB-0-70
Catching-50-95
BT-40-50
RB-0-60
Fumbles-35
PDR:57-0
Int:18-70
PR-0-100
RDR-35-100
BS:0-100
Tacklling:40-55
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #4211
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake31368
Qb-5-100
PB-0-70
Catching-50-95
BT-40-50
RB-0-60
Fumbles-35
PDR:57-0
Int:18-70
PR-0-100
RDR-35-100
BS:0-100
Tacklling:40-55
Okay that looks cool. Did you just make a few changes or is this the set you been playing with? You definitely need to drop the USER accuracy down to 4 and maybe raise the CPUs passblocking to 75. Change the USER pass defense to 58-17-0. You can work with those tweaks for now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #4212
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Okay that looks cool. Did you just make a few changes or is this the set you been playing with? You definitely need to drop the USER accuracy down to 4 and maybe raise the CPUs passblocking to 75. Change the USER pass defense to 58-17-0. You can work with those tweaks for now..
Ill do those after the game im in and the ints i changed a couple games ago when my td to in ratio was rediculous should i still move it up?
Edit: im not finishing this game i have 6 fumbles and im in the 3rd quater half my fumbles were in the redzone and now i dont even feel like playing anymore so im not gunna get blown out where i should be up big but im down 20-3 and i had 7 turnovers one was a pick 6 but tht was my fault i didnt wanna get sacked for a saftey

Last edited by rattlesnake31368; 01-22-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #4213
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake31368
Ill do those after the game im in and the ints i changed a couple games ago when my td to in ratio was rediculous should i still move it up?
Edit: im not finishing this game i have 6 fumbles and im in the 3rd quater half my fumbles were in the redzone and now i dont even feel like playing anymore so im not gunna get blown out where i should be up big but im down 20-3 and i had 7 turnovers one was a pick 6 but tht was my fault i didnt wanna get sacked for a saftey
Haha! Take that loss man. You don't be starting over when you whipping the CPU.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #4214
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What's going on man? Glad you decided to give my sliders a try. It will probably take some getting use to but you'll get better with practice especially playing with the LBs. You have to read and react. Try not to get caught up on the blocks..

So need some adjustments for your run and pass defense?
It feels like my run/pass defense is fine right now. The next game I played was against the Browns and I think they won by 2 or 3 points. On the first kickoff of the game my returner fumbled and they brought it back for a TD and later in the game I fumbled again and they brought it back to the house. If it wasn't for those 2 fumbles I'm pretty sure I would've won.

I don't necessarily want to lower any settings but I also don't want to lose terribly all the time. My biggest issue is just not knowing exactly what to do or when to do it. Those games where Lynch only ran for 40-50 yards I was running up the middle a lot. Against the Browns when I ran it was usually Power 0 in the Twins-I Formation and block the line to the right. With that play I averaged like 4-5 YPC and Lynch's longest run was 24. My second biggest issue is not being used to the CPU's pass coverage. When playing on All-Pro it was easier to squeeze passes into tight coverage and if I made a throw that I knew was risky, it was usually just batted down and not picked off.

Before using your sliders it was really easy to stay in man coverage most of the time. After one game it became apparent that that wouldn't work anymore. I run more zone now, Cover 2 Buc & Cover 3 and usually user the MLB. If I know they're passing and the QB isn't mobile (Vick, RG3, etc.) I'll play 2 man under usually. I find it's harder for me to user somebody in man just because of reaction times and sticking to the receiver, but I'm scared to user a safety because I could very easily let up a big play. I really don't blitz at all, I'm trying to work them into my game slowly though. I don't know the benefits of zone blitzes and man blitzes.

I tried to explain everything I'm doing to give you an idea. If I just understood play calling some more, I could probably stay with the green set. And thanks for taking the time to talk to everybody that has questions.

Question: When I fumbled playing the Browns, the player I was using had Carry in the low 80s (I think 83) and both times I fumbled I was covering the ball and trucking. Does trucking increase your chance of fumbling if your truck stat isn't that high or was it just coincidence?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4215
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

How to you handle the offseason scouting etc can i turn the time from 15 to 10 min on slow or very slow game speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #4216
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttentud
It feels like my run/pass defense is fine right now. The next game I played was against the Browns and I think they won by 2 or 3 points. On the first kickoff of the game my returner fumbled and they brought it back for a TD and later in the game I fumbled again and they brought it back to the house. If it wasn't for those 2 fumbles I'm pretty sure I would've won.

I don't necessarily want to lower any settings but I also don't want to lose terribly all the time. My biggest issue is just not knowing exactly what to do or when to do it. Those games where Lynch only ran for 40-50 yards I was running up the middle a lot. Against the Browns when I ran it was usually Power 0 in the Twins-I Formation and block the line to the right. With that play I averaged like 4-5 YPC and Lynch's longest run was 24. My second biggest issue is not being used to the CPU's pass coverage. When playing on All-Pro it was easier to squeeze passes into tight coverage and if I made a throw that I knew was risky, it was usually just batted down and not picked off.

Before using your sliders it was really easy to stay in man coverage most of the time. After one game it became apparent that that wouldn't work anymore. I run more zone now, Cover 2 Buc & Cover 3 and usually user the MLB. If I know they're passing and the QB isn't mobile (Vick, RG3, etc.) I'll play 2 man under usually. I find it's harder for me to user somebody in man just because of reaction times and sticking to the receiver, but I'm scared to user a safety because I could very easily let up a big play. I really don't blitz at all, I'm trying to work them into my game slowly though. I don't know the benefits of zone blitzes and man blitzes.

I tried to explain everything I'm doing to give you an idea. If I just understood play calling some more, I could probably stay with the green set. And thanks for taking the time to talk to everybody that has questions.

Question: When I fumbled playing the Browns, the player I was using had Carry in the low 80s (I think 83) and both times I fumbled I was covering the ball and trucking. Does trucking increase your chance of fumbling if your truck stat isn't that high or was it just coincidence?
Yeah if you force too many passes in traffic with my sliders it usually gets picked off but it's not as bad on the green or red sets... You still get away with throwing a few passes in traffic but you do need to work on checking it down to your 2nd or 3rd read instead of staying locked in on your first option..

I run alot of man coverages and man blitzes. Press your DBs sometimes when you call some 2 man under coverages. Spread your Dline out wide everytime you think the CPU is going to pass. This helps get your Dlineman off the edge quicker.. You should definitely start mixing some man blitzes into your scheme. It forces the CPU to get the ball out of there hands quick or give up a sack. Don't press your DBs when you call man blitzes.

You can't try to truck and cover the ball at the same time. Only one thing triggers. When you was trucking you RB most likely didn't cover up at all..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »