Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #4217
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I told you it would get tougher but it still looks like you are ready to move a few areas to the red set like the CPUs pass defense and the USER accuracy.. You could probably keep all the other areas on the green set..

I'm suprised the CPUs is breaking tackles on you like that with the USER tackling and CPUs breaktackles matched up at 40.. It shouldn't be that bad.. I'm sure most of those breaktackles came in those games against the Chiefs(J.Charles Beast) and the Panthers.

But you should definitely make those changes I told you. Move the CPUs pass defense to the red set and move the USER accuracy to the red set.. Those tweaks should balance the games out some more.. Give it a few games to settle in again or restart that first game about 3 to 4 times before you play to get the sliders to settle in..
New sliders plugged in. I restarted it 5 times, to make sure they were in effect, and it definitely seemed like they were.

New Orleans 37 Tampa Bay 23
The score wasn't indicative of how ugly this game was for me. I am definitely noticing the new sliders. Twice, while I was doing my bread and butter (throwing the ball to Jimmy Graham on a streak up the middle) a linebacker jumped in front of the route, something that happened only once overall when I was on your green sliders. Nevertheless, Graham still got 200 yards receiving lol. Brees was also still pretty solid, though he did throw a couple of whiffle-balls. I tried plugging in Pierre Thomas over Darren Sproles, to see if he could jump start my run game. 20 carries for 45 yards says he couldn't. Sticking with Sproles. Doug Martin though, got 175 yards rushing though, and trucked defender after defender, which is pretty frustrating. Josh Freeman was decent throughout the day, usually going after Vincent Jackson, but choked when it counted. After leading the offense on an 80 yard drive to tie the game at 23 with a minute left, I was praying that my defense could hold the line and force overtime. Instead, Freeman throws TWO PICK SIXES IN A ROW, and we escape with a win.

New Orleans 31 Denver 37
Both these teams are 5-1 and sitting on the top of their conferences. Peyton Manning is usually pretty frustrating to play against, but the 10 second clock prevents most of his annoying audibiling. Was down 14 after the first quarter, and played catch up for the rest of the game. Actually, that's a pretty common theme for this team. Brees was solid with 500 yards passing and only 1 pick, but it wasn't enough. Run game did diddly squat, as usual, and I virtually abandoned it after the 1st quarter. Did a pretty good job containing Denver's no name running backs, but Manning and DT/Decker was a different story. Anyway, just like last game, I led Brees on a long scoring drive to put the game at 37-31 with a minute to go. I attempt my first onside kick ever in Madden, and I RECOVER my first onside kick ever in Madden. I dial up Jimmy Graham, who had a 250 yard day, for a 60 yard pass that puts me on their one yard line with 4 downs and plenty of time to punch in the winning score. Very next play, I give the ball to Sproles, who fumbles ... the broncos recover ... peyton kneels out the clock ... and I lose in excruciating fashion. It sucks, but I shouldn't have been in that position to start with.

Overall, my defense is getting run over by Doug Martin, Cedric Benson, Demaryius Thomas, my grandmother, pretty much anyone with a football in their hands. Run game has been ineffective, no matter who I start, and the Saints have some decent backs that should be doing better. Because of this, I have to rely on Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, and some late game heroics/luck to win games. We do awful in the first quarter, but always close out games strong, which you can see with this table.

Score by Quarter
NO OPP
1 23 64
2 60 54
3 41 27
4 95 37

So do you think I should lower the CPU's breaktackles slider and/or lower the CPU's blockshedding? Thanks for reading my stories and for your sliders!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #4218
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

Quote:
You can't try to truck and cover the ball at the same time. Only one thing triggers. When you was trucking you RB most likely didn't cover up at all..
Well, that explains that.

I played a game as the Colts earlier and was crushed like a peanut 10-31. Where's a game genie when you need it! lol
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #4219
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinywailord
New sliders plugged in. I restarted it 5 times, to make sure they were in effect, and it definitely seemed like they were.

New Orleans 37 Tampa Bay 23
The score wasn't indicative of how ugly this game was for me. I am definitely noticing the new sliders. Twice, while I was doing my bread and butter (throwing the ball to Jimmy Graham on a streak up the middle) a linebacker jumped in front of the route, something that happened only once overall when I was on your green sliders. Nevertheless, Graham still got 200 yards receiving lol. Brees was also still pretty solid, though he did throw a couple of whiffle-balls. I tried plugging in Pierre Thomas over Darren Sproles, to see if he could jump start my run game. 20 carries for 45 yards says he couldn't. Sticking with Sproles. Doug Martin though, got 175 yards rushing though, and trucked defender after defender, which is pretty frustrating. Josh Freeman was decent throughout the day, usually going after Vincent Jackson, but choked when it counted. After leading the offense on an 80 yard drive to tie the game at 23 with a minute left, I was praying that my defense could hold the line and force overtime. Instead, Freeman throws TWO PICK SIXES IN A ROW, and we escape with a win.

New Orleans 31 Denver 37
Both these teams are 5-1 and sitting on the top of their conferences. Peyton Manning is usually pretty frustrating to play against, but the 10 second clock prevents most of his annoying audibiling. Was down 14 after the first quarter, and played catch up for the rest of the game. Actually, that's a pretty common theme for this team. Brees was solid with 500 yards passing and only 1 pick, but it wasn't enough. Run game did diddly squat, as usual, and I virtually abandoned it after the 1st quarter. Did a pretty good job containing Denver's no name running backs, but Manning and DT/Decker was a different story. Anyway, just like last game, I led Brees on a long scoring drive to put the game at 37-31 with a minute to go. I attempt my first onside kick ever in Madden, and I RECOVER my first onside kick ever in Madden. I dial up Jimmy Graham, who had a 250 yard day, for a 60 yard pass that puts me on their one yard line with 4 downs and plenty of time to punch in the winning score. Very next play, I give the ball to Sproles, who fumbles ... the broncos recover ... peyton kneels out the clock ... and I lose in excruciating fashion. It sucks, but I shouldn't have been in that position to start with.

Overall, my defense is getting run over by Doug Martin, Cedric Benson, Demaryius Thomas, my grandmother, pretty much anyone with a football in their hands. Run game has been ineffective, no matter who I start, and the Saints have some decent backs that should be doing better. Because of this, I have to rely on Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, and some late game heroics/luck to win games. We do awful in the first quarter, but always close out games strong, which you can see with this table.

Score by Quarter
NO OPP
1 23 64
2 60 54
3 41 27
4 95 37

So do you think I should lower the CPU's breaktackles slider and/or lower the CPU's blockshedding? Thanks for reading my stories and for your sliders!

What's going on man? Damn you don't spread the ball around to your WRs? Looks like J.Graham is getting all the passes. Haha! You better start working on mixing it up because once you move up to the blue and the black set CPU pass defense it's going to get rough..

I'm not comfortable lowering the CPUs breaktackles below the USER tackling. Just lower the CPUs runblocking down 5 more points so you can get more guys flying to the ball. Focus on shifting your Dline and LBs to the area you think the run might go and make plays with the player you are controlling.

It sounds like you are getting away from the run early so I can't really tell if you are struggling or not running the ball but you can lower the CPUs blockshedding and rush reaction down 5 points if you feel like your run game needs to open up more..
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #4220
Rookie

Unhappy Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

I have a possible stupid question. Started using your green sliders and wanted to know if auto subs take a few games to adjust also? I lost Lesean McCoy because it wouldn't sub him out and I didn't do it manually . Just wondering cause other wise I think I am gonna go back to default subs since it's been two games and the halfbacks aren't subbing out at 90 like I would have thought. Thanks for the help in advance!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #4221
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan10001
I have a possible stupid question. Started using your green sliders and wanted to know if auto subs take a few games to adjust also? I lost Lesean McCoy because it wouldn't sub him out and I didn't do it manually . Just wondering cause other wise I think I am gonna go back to default subs since it's been two games and the halfbacks aren't subbing out at 90 like I would have thought. Thanks for the help in advance!!!!
If it was working at default change it back. Auto subs is broken this year so I pretty much gave up in it. I manly sub my RBs into certain situations anyway. Let me know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #4222
Rookie

Quote:
If it was working at default change it back. Auto subs is broken this year so I pretty much gave up in it. I manly sub my RBs into certain situations anyway. Let me know how it goes.

Defaults are working again but makes me sad. With that being sad I just won a horrible game against the giants 24-21. I'm pretty sure 8 FG's in a game has to be a nfl record. I couldn't get my offense into the end zone to save my life. The lack of Lesean McCoy is bad mmmkay and Josh Brown deserves a cookie...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #4223
Rookie

OVR: 1

Jarodd21: you ever try your sliders w/ DPI at zero and OPI at 25 ?
Im thinking of trying this on your Blue set to decrease these high scoring shootouts..
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #4224
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan10001
Defaults are working again but makes me sad. With that being sad I just won a horrible game against the giants 24-21. I'm pretty sure 8 FG's in a game has to be a nfl record. I couldn't get my offense into the end zone to save my life. The lack of Lesean McCoy is bad mmmkay and Josh Brown deserves a cookie...
Haha! Damn 8FGs? That's crazy.. You gotta start working on the redzone offense man..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »