Home

Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

This is a discussion on Best Speed Threshold for CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
My take for what it's worth:

I think people miss the point of what Speed Threshold to use when all they focus on is one player running downfield vs another player. I try to see how it affects the game stats and plays overall. I believe they changed Speed Threshold from last year, or maybe its just like sliders and works different in CCM vs Play Now.

I am of the belief that the CPU runs better with Speed Threshold 100 for some reason. Last year I know it was known as the 'big play' slider the closer to 0 the more big plays. I believe it affects the USER and the CPU differently. I have no hard evidence these are just my observations. I feel running outside is too easy for the USER with speed threshold 0 and the CPU runs better at 100 in short yardage, maybe they get to the line quicker, so I prefer to use 100.

You tell them BrianU....

You gotta actually play it for several games to be able to accept the inevitable, that by coming to the Rebels side, the game is in fact better.... "Trust your feelings, Luuuuuke"

HIGHER rather than lower SPEEDTHRESH, IS DA WAY TO GO MA-I-NG!(pronounced in a Miami-Cuban dialect, just like Tony Montana, in Scarface)

I used to be dead set on SPEEDTHRESH "0" and VERY FAST/FAST gamespeed, but M13 has converted me to "trust my feelings". I mean c'mon, how can Master Yoda be wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
My take for what it's worth:

I think people miss the point of what Speed Threshold to use when all they focus on is one player running downfield vs another player. I try to see how it affects the game stats and plays overall. I believe they changed Speed Threshold from last year, or maybe its just like sliders and works different in CCM vs Play Now.

I am of the belief that the CPU runs better with Speed Threshold 100 for some reason. Last year I know it was known as the 'big play' slider the closer to 0 the more big plays. I believe it affects the USER and the CPU differently. I have no hard evidence these are just my observations. I feel running outside is too easy for the USER with speed threshold 0 and the CPU runs better at 100 in short yardage, maybe they get to the line quicker, so I prefer to use 100.
I play at 100 , but I think anywhere from 65 to 100 is the way to go.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
This video is a great example of how unrealistic 100 threshold is. Do you see how McFadden is at top speed as soon as he touches the ball? Do you see how he is instantly at top speed after making that little juke? 100 thresh eliminates the acceleration aspect of player mobility in Madden completely.

If someone enjoys that type of game play, more power to him/her. However, that run is not what you would see on Sundays. What is McFadden's acceleration rating btw?
Hey braw: That's what burners do, they hit top acceleration speed, sooner rather than later.

Now, if the rosters were properly tuned, "McFad"onalds ACC attribute would not be set to where it is. It should probably be bumped down so that he doesn't take off, like an import equipped with NoZ, when he is given the pigskin.

Once again, lame attributes, lame realism, no matter how much we futz with the sliders.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This video is a great example of how unrealistic 100 threshold is. Do you see how McFadden is at top speed as soon as he touches the ball? Do you see how he is instantly at top speed after making that little juke? 100 thresh eliminates the acceleration aspect of player mobility in Madden completely.

If someone enjoys that type of game play, more power to him/her. However, that run is not what you would see on Sundays. What is McFadden's acceleration rating btw?

I been running online franchises since 2009 and these games do not play the same from online and offline for 1. Example is in MADDEN 13 you can be playing on NORMAL speed and ALL-PRO default settings then try the same exact settings on ALL-MADDEN and the players bump up to hyper speed. Then you throw in the threshold changes and the game changes. I have known since 2010 you can change the gameplay significantly just by turning threshold up and default settings.

I have fully tested several scenarios with this years Madden and on ALL-PRO normal speed is way to fast and animations look horrible with guys stumbling over everyone and looks arcade like. So you bump it down to SLOW still on ALL-PRO and the animations are better but there's no OFFENSE out of the CPU. So in my testing I left in on SLOW went to ALL-MADDEN and it has played the best there with smooth animations and the CPU plays realistic and I don't mean over the previous years where you feel like you got cheated playing on ALL-MADDEN vs the CPU.

So turning threshold on ALL-MADDEN up and players will move in turbo speed within the game style itself not talking about players ratings or position players. All players will move a lot faster making it look warp speed at times and animations are horrible. Its even worse on NORMAL speed.

Again what works best from my thorough testing is Slow speed on ALL-MADDEN with 50 threshold. Now in previous leagues I have ran we have used 100 threshold and it played great but at this time it just doesn't work as well. In your CCM put it on ALL-MADDEN but leave sliders on 50 and leave the CPU on 50 and it will play a great game of football.

Normally on older maddens when you go from a mode like pro to all madden the sliders change and offline they will react correctly but in the CCM when you change skill level it still stays on 50 and when you manually put the ALL-MADDEN skill level in all on 25 the game just doesn't play like ALL-MADDEN should so trust me just put it on ALL-MADDEN for skill level but leave everything else on 50.

I also use 75 fatigue with 25 for injuries and it plays great.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Well, If you watch the video in the link (McFadden TD run) he makes a juke move and almost runs full speed (kind of lol) right after. Burns the D to score. I know its not the same at the Madden Vid but it has similarity's. I'm not all for 100 Threshold but just thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHOiHnb08g
Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienArcherV1
Well, If you watch the video in the link (McFadden TD run) he makes a juke move and almost runs full speed (kind of lol) right after. Burns the D to score. I know its not the same at the Madden Vid but it has similarity's. I'm not all for 100 Threshold but just thought I'd share.

Just No...

That video is in no way similar.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienArcherV1

Something to keep in mind is we have no idea if the user has AUTO SPRINT turned off. If anyone's has it turned off well then sure running with a fast back has it's advantages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Just No...

That video is in no way similar.
McFadden gets pass the D the same exact way. The DBs have a good angle and then McFadden ran right through for the TD.

Saying the Madden vid is unrealistic because he sped pass the DBs for the score on 100 threshold, well he did it against the Jags after two cuts. If that real life play happened in M13, someone would probably say something about there being no accel factor because he just cut twice and was still able to run straight up the field for the score even tho there were 2 DBs with an angle on him. Only one guy got blocked. LBs obviously couldn't catch'em

All i'm saying is the Madden 13 play isn't completely unrealistic. Yea, DMcF at full speed right when he gets the ball is kinda weird but he has a 95 Accel attribute in M13 and 97 speed. Of course even on 100 he ran for the score

Last edited by AlienArcherV1; 09-10-2012 at 05:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »