Home

Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

This is a discussion on Best Speed Threshold for CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienArcherV1
McFadden gets pass the D the same exact way. The DBs have a good angle and then McFadden ran right through for the TD.

Saying the Madden vid is unrealistic because he sped pass the DBs for the score on 100 threshold, well he did it against the Jags after two cuts. If that real life play happened in M13, someone would probably say something about there being no accel factor because he just cut twice and was still able to run straight up the field for the score even tho there were 2 DBs with an angle on him. Only one guy got blocked. LBs obviously couldn't catch'em
My issue with the that video and what actually occurs in the game, is that there is no true to life acceleration, which has to happen in order for a player to reach top speed, at 100 thresh. McFadden, in that video, was not at top speed instantaneously after coming out of the cut.

in a 100 threshold environment, there is no acceleration that takes place. It is 0-100 transition if that makes any sense

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me, it depends on game speed. For slower game speeds, I like high thresholds. IE: Very Slow- 100 Slow- 75 Normal- 50 etc. My favorite is Slow with a thresh of 70
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
My issue with the that video and what actually occurs in the game, is that there is no true to life acceleration, that occurs at 100 threshold, for a player to reach top speed. McFadden, in that video, was not at top speed instantaneously after coming out of the cut.

Under 100 thresh there is no acceleration that takes place. It is 0-100 transition if that makes any sense
Yea I know what your saying, McFadden's 95 accel attribute might play a factor w/ the instantaneously top speed tho. Have you tested that Accel has no factor on 100 threshold?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienArcherV1
Yea I know what your saying, McFadden's 95 accel attribute might play a factor w/ the instantaneously top speed tho. Have you tested that Accel has no factor on 100 threshold?
Yep, tested all day with it yesterday. Using various players, at 100 thresh, the acceleration ratings become a non-factor. In other words every player in a 100 thresh environment, no matter, what the acceleration rating is, achieves top speed instantly. By using a 100 threshold, you are eliminating a big part of physics. Momentum must be obtained before an object can reach top speed.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #37
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

I've actually tried 100 threshold since starting this thread and I found that my hb was overtaking his blockers as if they were in slow motion, rendering the blockers useless.

I've settled on 40 and am enjoying it.

Interesting arguments for 0 vs 100 though. Thanks for the replies.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Old 09-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #38
Rookie

[quote=SECElit3;2044146068]Yep, tested all day with it yesterday. Using various players, at 100 thresh, the acceleration ratings become a non-factor. In other words every player in a 100 thresh environment, no matter, what the acceleration rating is, achieves top speed instantly. By using a 100 threshold, you are eliminating a big part of physics. Momentum must be obtained before an object can reach top speed.[/QUOTE

Well, I geuss i'm not using 100 threshold lol I usually just play at 50 or somewhere close to 50.

Where do you think the best threshold is than? a low number?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #39
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

[quote=AlienArcherV1;2044146090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Yep, tested all day with it yesterday. Using various players, at 100 thresh, the acceleration ratings become a non-factor. In other words every player in a 100 thresh environment, no matter, what the acceleration rating is, achieves top speed instantly. By using a 100 threshold, you are eliminating a big part of physics. Momentum must be obtained before an object can reach top speed.[/QUOTE

Well, I geuss i'm not using 100 threshold lol I usually just play at 50 or somewhere close to 50.

Where do you think the best threshold is than? a low number?
I'm liking 40-45, but keep playing around with the numbers like I did. 40 seems about right/realistic looking for me at this point.

-I play on slow speed, btw.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
I'm liking 40-45, but keep playing around with the numbers like I did. 40 seems about right/realistic looking for me at this point.

-I play on slow speed, btw.
I play Normal 50 usually always but I've tried 100, 75, 40, 20, 0 etc.

I just ended up settling on 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »