Home

And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

This is a discussion on And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

These are meant for ALL-PRO, not sure how they handle ALL-MADDEN. Original settings are indicated by the original numbers to the left. The numbers in () are the numbers I'm currently using/testing. And, the numbers inside ** are for Coach Mode players.

I am now playing on all-pro, NOT all madden. For the most part, I am really happy with these sliders as is, particularly the penalty sliders. However, I am always tweaking a point here or a point there for more realism/challenge, so I think my base set is posted here, and I will put whatever I'm currently playing/testing at in (), so if you're enjoying these sliders, but want to stay 'current', check out the sliders in () and plug em in if u want to play where I'm at. I've been told by a couple of coach mode players that these sliders work pretty good for them (or are close). So, I've decided to add another subset for coach mode players. Thanks to forme95 and wech for their input, and basically, I will somewhat defer to their settings for this. So, forme95, wech, and any other coach mode players out there, please feel free to update me through replies to this thread, and I will update what I think is a consensus for coach mode players. forme95, I'll start by basing off of what you're playing at, and please update me if you change anything and/or what you like, don't like, etc.

Penalties
FS 70 *68*
OS 70 *68*
Hold 70
Facemask 56
Def PI 59 *59*
Off PI 59 *61*
Punt interference 63 (66)
Clip 56 (57)
IG 64 (67)
RTP 54
RTK 66 (67)

Player/CPU
QB ACC 28(27)/28(31)
Pass Blk 26(25)/28(30)
WR catch 59 (57)/59 (60)
Run Blk 20(21)/26(30) *21/21*
Fumbles 19/30
Pass Rx 100 (38)/100(38)
Int 47/47
Pass cov 0(38)/0 (38)
Tackle 34 (32)/36(37) *34/36*

Special teams
Fg pow 52 (53)*48*
Fg ACC 14 *40*
Punt pow 50 *51*
Punt ACC 100 *75*
Kick pow 52 (54)*51*

Inj 31 *48*
Fatigue 52 *54*
Threshold 32 *50*

Speed Fast *Normal*
Ball Hawk Yes
HeatSeeker NO WAY
Switch Assist NO and I don't what the hell this does anyways

Who are these for? What type of play style are they suited for?
I'll tell u how I play. On offense, I like to run the ball first, so I tend to play I formations to start. I go 3 wide when the running game is going nowhere or to switch it up. I throw outs, curls to see what's up. Occasionally I go deep to see if I can and if I have a one on one against Julio Jones, I throw him the ball no matter what because he is a BEAST!! On normal short passes, I don't normally control the WR, although, I may jiggle the stick a little to get him in the best position and hit the Y button right at the catch to help out. On deep balls, I wait until I see the WR in a good stride, then I switch to him, look to take the best angle against the CB, then I press and hold the Y button for Ball Hawk and try to high point the catch. Sometimes, I make a spec catch, sometimes the DB makes a spec INT, sometimes he bats the ball, sometimes I catch it, step on his face, and keep going, sometimes I almost catch it, and he bats it away/out of my hands. As the QB, I set the pocket first, look around, if I have to, I reset the pocket or run to the outside and try to throw it if I see someone or throw it out of bounds. I don't have a mobile QB, unless you consider Matty Ice mobile, and I certainly do not. lol. Sometimes I take a sack looking downfield waiting for someone to get open and don't see the pressure. Sometimes, I throw screens. This is an interesting point. Lately, I have definitely seen realistic screens. By that, I mean, sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't. Same for the cpu, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I have created sliders before that seemed to be skewed one way or the other, they either worked really well for me, but not the cpu, or vice versa, so I'm happy to say that with these, I seem to see everything with screens.
On Defense, I user EVERY position except CB, but will play nickelback from time to time if that's the player getting beat. I tend to play MLB or ROLB most, but also like to switch it up and play any Dline position. Once again, depending on where I feel I want to generate pressure. So, imo, with these sliders, feel free to play any way you want. If u like to play Dline, these should work for you. If you like to play Safety/LB, these should also work for you. On Ball Hawk, on D, once again, I really only use this if it's a long play downfield or I have enough time to see the ball, change players, and time the Y button when I'm in the right position. I don't abuse this button, but I don't forget about it either. Once again, I'll say that if you play the way I play, you should see INTs happen when they should, batted balls when they should, and catches when they should. If you see too many INTs, you must be playing differently than me, or you are probably misusing the Ball Hawk and simply mashing the button right when the ball goes in the air.
So, that's the way I play. I think that may help if you're seeing 'off' things with these sliders, keep in mind, everyone plays differently.

***UPDATE 11/24/13***
So, just wanted to explain what I see with these sliders and my own personal philosophy on these foul and cursed things. So, maybe I'll put this in a list of what is most important to me in fixing this broken game. What do I want to see most/best?

1. Animation - I think this truly is the most important thing TO ME. This gives me the realism I'm looking for. Challenge comes later. By animation, I mean, I mean, I want to see the RB looking for holes, cutting back at the proper time. I DON'T want to see HBs running out into the flat, catching a wide open pass and instantly stepping out of bounds for no reason. That KILLS the realism for me. I want to see ALL WRs 'try' to toe tap. I want to see holes open on the line sometimes for gains, and I want to see them slammed shut sometimes by a wicked thumping LB! I want to see INTs when they are valid. If the CB sees the ball, it's thrown right to him, I want him to pick it off. However, if he's zoning in on the WR and can't pay attention to the ball, even if it hits him in the hands, I want him to drop it. You will see these things with these sliders (if you play the way I do). I want to see sacks, but not too many. I want to be pressured, but be able to get rid of the ball. I want my QB to throw the ball where I tell him to, but I want him to miss sometimes. You will see this. I want quality downfield play WR/DB interaction on deep throws. Believe me, You WILL see this. I want to see mobile QBs run some, but I DON'T want my Defense to be ******** and not realize he's running the ball. I have finally seen this. The Read Option has finally been solved. The cpu will NOT chew up yardage with that garbage, but they will gain yards from time to time, but you will NOT see your DE constantly standing there with a stupid look on his face (if you play like me). I want to see wicked hits, I want to see Facemasks, I want to see gang tackling, I want to see swim moves (actually working), I want to see a 3-5 second passing window for the cpu QB. You will see this. The cpu QB will throw downfield, check down, get rid of the ball on time, dance a little in the pocket, and get rocked from time to time with a well timed blitz. You will see batted balls from the DBs as well. You will see broken tackles, but they are limited and are normally only triggered by a strong back against a weak DB. This is not always the case, you will occasionally see big back thump a DT, and you will occasionally see a tiny CB thump a big back. These things happen, but they are very infrequent imo. So, those are the animations you will see. What's next?

2. Challenge. I want this game to be challenging as well. Overall, I want realism, and I want a realistic challenge. I want to lose from time to time against good teams, and if possible, every once in awhile by a crap team. This has proven to be a bigger challenge to create and it's always hard to tell whether my team is just too stacked or whether the game is playing silly. Once again, I'm looking for animations first, and right now, I feel the animations are solid. i feel the play is solid. But, right now, I have to admit, I am winning most games right now.

An explanation of some of the slider settings:
QB ACC 28/28. I know most people are playing at something more like 4/8, but that is a no go for me. Throws are completely ********, and i can't take the lack of realistic throws/trajectories that I see there. At 28/28, I still see bad throws (particularly if you play good, real defense). I still make bad throws. if you are a fantastic QB and can play at 4, by all means, the player QB ACC slider should be bent to fit every single person's playing style, so go ahead. I highly suggest NOT moving the CPU QB ACC slider. I think this slider works in conjuction with several factors and other sliders, and could have poor effects on gameplay. For me, with it at 28, I see an INT or 2 per game. Sometimes, 0 INT, sometimes 5 depending on the QB. I see 2-5 sacks per game (this has something to do with QB ACC, IG, and Pass blocking - 28, DON'T TOUCH THIS SLIDER, IT'S PERFECT!!), I don't see 10 sacks ever. Believe it or not, I feel QB ACC also controls RB intelligence, and when you lower this more, the RB makes poorer decisions as well and it becomes too easy to tackle the RB.
Pass Block/Run Block - for the player, this should be challenging, however, lately, I've been running the ball well. It's hard to tell. I will say this, Run Block at 20 provides more porous blocking than at 0. Yes, I'm serious, it will be HARDER for you to run at 20 than at 0. At 0, it's like the slider is simply 'off'. At 20, it allows for more block shed and your FB tends to run at the safety downfield instead of blocking the LB in front of him. With the pass block settings, you will still be able to set the pocket, but you should notice blitzes get to you quicker, and they get to the cpu quicker as well. The tackles tend to block inwards and will sometimes miss the outside blitzer. They seem to block what's in front of them as well instead of magically sliding across the field to block someone they normally wouldn't even think about finding. As I've said, I actually did time the pocket collapse, and with my quality Dlineman, I can get to the QB without doing anything right at 5 seconds which to me is realistic for a 4 man rush. If you blitz, you may get there in 2-3 seconds, so for me, that is playing realistically right now. The cpu will be able to have a 100 yd rusher, but not every game. With RTK/KRINT at 66/63, I feel you see just the right amount of 'controlled aggression.' LBs will normally maintain proper gap control and the global pursuit will be correct and you will see less WTF moments from defenders, but you will also see more aggressive play in general and better gang tackling. The WR catch at 59/59 may seem high to most. I used to have this 83/83. I have been lowering it and may lower it more, but at 59, I like the WR play. I see spec catches, I see battles with DBs, I also see drops, particularly under good coverage, so I like this setting here. The Off/Def PI is a spot of personal tweakage, but I think I found the perfect spot for me at 59/59. Feel free to try any combo between 59-62. I wouldn't go higher than 62, as things start getting out of control and I think the sliders start losing their wanted effect.

So, give them a try if u like and post results or questions or likes/dislikes. I enjoy discussing this silly madden business and have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME looking at/tweaking these ridiculous sliders, so I have a pretty good idea of what they all do.

***UPDATE 11/24/13***

Just wanted to post these. I've been playing with some of these for awhile and always tweaking things, but thought this set was different enough from my last one to share as a different set. As far as the penalties, if u played 2-3 games, I would expect u to see maybe 5 per game. U should see clipping, holding, false start, offsides, and definitely a facemask or 2. Pass interference doesn't happen frequently, but u might see it. If u really want to see RTP, simply go up 1 point to 55. U will see it 1-3 times a game, however, it doesn't tend to look genuine, so I didn't like it much and at 54, it 'might' happen. So, if u want it to happen and don't mind the lame animation, go for it at 55 or 56. I wouldn't go higher than 56, you'll see it too much. I'll give more explanations tomorrow on the gameplay I see and more explanations of the sliders. Like I said, just felt like getting them out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 12-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Rookie

wech's Arena

Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

What game speed?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Fast. I always play on fast. Not sure how they play on any other speed.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Rookie

wech's Arena

okay. thanks.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Rookie

mkulick25's Arena

I've been following your threads for a couple days and using your sliders in my Franchise with the Browns. I've noticed that the CPU is challenging in the first half but the second half is a whole different story. They can't do anything offensively and i'm able to run wild. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing the CPU decreasing in ability in the second half?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkulick25
I've been following your threads for a couple days and using your sliders in my Franchise with the Browns. I've noticed that the CPU is challenging in the first half but the second half is a whole different story. They can't do anything offensively and i'm able to run wild. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing the CPU decreasing in ability in the second half?
Yeah, this has been a problem, and believe me when I say I've been trying to tone this down. Are u using HUM RUN BLK at 21 or Zero? This has been making a difference for the run game as a whole. And, if u don't want a long winded explanation and can trust me when I say, 'at zero run blocking, u WILL run wild. At 21, u will find it MORE of a struggle.' I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but trust me, at 21, u will see more block shed from the D, and when u get hit, u will tend to bounce backwards. This helps slow the run game down. I'm working on the off/def PI, and once again, I know this may sound strange, but these settings have MASSIVE effects on how the game plays. This seems to up the aggression of both offensive and defensive players. I'm trying to find the perfect mix of aggressive d players making good plays and not being too aggressive that they over pursue. This can allow for massive running games (for human moreso than CPU). At the same time, I WANT aggression from the offense as well particularly the WRs challenging for passes. However, I think what I'm seeing here is ALL offensive players being aggressive giving MASSIVE blocks on the outside allowing for big run gains. So, I'm trying to tone this down, and see what I can do. I will update as I change and see how things play out.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Rookie

mkulick25's Arena

I moved the HUM RUN BLK to 21 and lost my first game 24-20 to Buffalo. Had 18 carries for 65 yards. Definitely a good game.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

MrHanky---Played one game so far with this slider set (exactly as written). Offline CCM. Bears (me) vs. Vikings. I won 37-34. Lots of running yards on both sides which is understandable given the two teams playing. I didn't track all the stats but the game was fun and challenging all at the same time. Never felt I was cheated and I like what I saw from the CPU. Lots of tackle assists and gang tackling. Room to make plays on offense if you make the right reads and good decisions. Lots of turnovers, a few fumbles on some hard hits and my defense struggled overall. I usually play as a DT no switching.

Overall, challenging for my level but very very fair. Enjoyed this game more than any other and I'm finally excited to play on. Thanks for your work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »