Home

And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

This is a discussion on And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #81
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

Teleo, Hanky did a really awesome job with these sliders!!!! I put up my few adjustments for us coach players. I hope they help with yours and Wech's ccm.

I think I know what the wacky game was about. Im going to test a theory tonight. I will keep you posted.
After my 2nd game, I saved it and went back to the Main Menu and my profile setting was on 5 min qtrs (like it reset). After I play a game tonight. I am going to back out to the main menu and see if that happened again. Reload it and then go back into my ccm........ results to come
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #82
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Icon14 Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

forme95, thank you so much for your findings within adjustments to OhMrHanky's sliders. Coach mode is such an enigma to us that play...NCAA has it right. I will implement these into a new ccm this evening.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #83
Rookie

wech's Arena

Yeah, thanks forme95. Really appreciate your reply. And of course a big thanks to OhMrHanky for his incredible work.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #84
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Teleo, Hanky did a really awesome job with these sliders!!!! I put up my few adjustments for us coach players. I hope they help with yours and Wech's ccm.

I think I know what the wacky game was about. Im going to test a theory tonight. I will keep you posted.
After my 2nd game, I saved it and went back to the Main Menu and my profile setting was on 5 min qtrs (like it reset). After I play a game tonight. I am going to back out to the main menu and see if that happened again. Reload it and then go back into my ccm........ results to come
Thanks for posting your info!

This is really important. I have found that (and have read several accounts from others saying the same) if youre going to adjust the sliders, you should do it from the main menu and NOT from within your CCM. I knew this theory but got lazy several times and tried making slider changes within my CCM and the results were always wacky. I found that when I made the slider changes in the main menu and THEN imported them into my CCM that the changes worked correctly...games were not crazy.
Madden.....why?!?!?!?!?! lol.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #85
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Here is what Im using (Copy and paste with my adjustments(hope that was ok Hanky))

Penalties
FS 70
OS 70
Hold 70
Facemask 56
Def PI 59
Off PI 61
Punt interference 63
Clip 56
IG 64
RTP 54
RTK 66

Player/CPU
QB ACC 28/28
Pass Blk 26/28
WR catch 59/59
Run Blk 21/21
Fumbles 19/30
Pass Rx 100/100
Int 47/47
Pass cov 0/0
Tackle 34/36

Special teams for both
Fg pow 48
Fg ACC 40
Punt pow 51
Punt ACC 75
Kick pow 51

All-pro (really DOES make the difference)
15 min qtrs w/ 13 accel
Inj 48
Fatigue 54
Threshold 50

Speed Normal
Auto Strafe On
Ball Hawk No
HeatSeeker NO WAY
Switch Assist NO and I don't what the hell this does anyways
Yeah, man. It's all good with me. I'd like to think my sliders are good for coach mode players just because I try to even everything out and make the cpu on par with the hum, that's why I normally have qb acc the same, and a few other sliders the same. I think that 'should' offer realism. When it comes to playing, I always have to give the cpu a little edge to make it more challenging, of course, but I've normally felt good about the competitive play, and while I always 'play', I think I may be a little slower in my old age or not as 'into' the game sometimes, so I may play a touch passive, and therefore, I may throw more bad passes myself including ints because I'm just a little late on a throw. Other players that are completely zoned in and are too quick on the sticks may find my sliders less challenging than others, but i still say, most of the game will still look real imo. But, yeah, any changes you make or like, especially ones you think are good for coach mode players are good by me. Actually, either later today or tomorrow, I'll try to add a "coach mode" slider set next to the others. Feel free to update me with a reply when you change something or think something isn't working well and I can update the OP. And, actually, something you might want to try is putting both pass coverages at 37. You could try 38, but my guess is you will see a lot of picks and/or a few too many coverage sacks. I'm trying to work out where pass coverage might make things more challenging, and as I've said in my previous posts, good god, setting cpu pass cov to 38, I threw 14 picks in 2 games!!!! lol. i put it back down to 37, and think I threw 2 in that game. So, that's an interesting threshold spot I'm currently testing for challenge and realism. Really, I have a feeling pass coverage 38 offers really good zone coverage (maybe, too good), as I see the DBs moving around a little more in their zone instead of standing around, and in particular, in the middle of the field, man, they seem to position themselves equidistant from all offensive players in and around their zone. I think the off/def pi set 'correctly' (which is hard to tell, but I'm thinking now either 58/59 or 59/60) gives proper man coverage, so hopefully these things together will offer good coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #86
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OhMrHanky, your input into the coach mode gaming world would be completely invaluable to us! We are a community far and between...but we are out there and with someone with your dedication towards sliders willing to make a contribution towards our madness, is greatly appreciated. Hats off to you sir!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am a coach mode player and will try these out this weekend. Is it safe to assume that Auto Subs are default?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #88
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeter189
I am a coach mode player and will try these out this weekend. Is it safe to assume that Auto Subs are default?
yeah, I would try autosubs at default. I've actually been trying to change this up a little and see if I can make something work, but I have to say, I'm not enjoying it. lol Everyone says these are broken, and I can't for the life of me figure them out. I mean, if I set RB to 90/80, should he sub out at 90 fatigue, or 90% of the time? And, when I set it high, I still don't see subbing until the 4th qtr, and at that point, all of WRs are sitting on the bench for my game winning drive!!! lol. Anyways, yeah, set them to default, I don't know that I'll work on that anymore. With the sliders, as odd as they sometimes are, at least you can actually see something happening/changing. with the autosubs, I see nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »